Patong Named 'Safety Zone' In Phuket Model For Public Safety

webfact

How cynical we all are...

Here we have Patong being proclaimed a safety zone and a model for Public Safety on the same day that

- Adolf Hitler is being honored by the Jewish socisty,

- Greece has just been awarded European economy of the year,

- Yingluck stated in government that her brother is a convicted criminal and needs to come back and serve his time and

- Thai bus drivers being told to speed up a bit after numerous complaints about driving too slow and being way too fastidious about safety.

whats wrong with all of you.

GREAT!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How cynical we all are...

Here we have Patong being proclaimed a safety zone and a model for Public Safety on the same day that

- Adolf Hitler is being honored by the Jewish socisty,

- Greece has just been awarded European economy of the year,

- Yingluck stated in government that her brother is a convicted criminal and needs to come back and serve his time and

- Thai bus drivers being told to speed up a bit after numerous complaints about driving too slow and being way too fastidious about safety.

whats wrong with all of you.

Could you please explain to me - The plan will also tackle the issue of illegal taxi drivers, jet-ski operators and others who are assaulting tourists,” he said.

Does that mean he will go after his own staff?

• Like 1

Perhaps at Immigration they could post warnings to tourists on arrival on the pitfalls of staying in Thailand,

"Welcome to Thailand, the Land of Smiles and Safety Zones. Please be aware of pickpockets, taxi drivers, tuk tuk tricksters, jet ski scammers, bar scammers, speeding coach drivers, coach drivers who speed, criminals pretending to be policemen, policemen pretending to be policemen and any ex pats who live in Pattaya. Have a nice stay."

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

pat1.jpeg

My laptop and Tea Money were in my suitcase, its about this big, I left it in your taxi! No general you are mistaken, there were some grease stains on the seat but that was all I found in my taxi after I dropped you off.

• Like 2

The word "Patong" and "Safety Zone" in the same sentence! blink.png

Haha..that dude has humor, have to give him that wai.gif

Why is it that the fastest forum members are always hitting the nail the most on the head. How sharp and good comment, short and in the bull's eye!

• Like 1

But all that is not the problem. The police itself has to start cleaning its own doorstep. As long as you will have these kind of crooked police-officers who only know the difference between "farang" and "thai" and not between what's right or wrong, safety will never improve for tourism there... Send them to Narathiwat or Pattani or Yala: there I don't mind and I don't care how they will apply "their" justice. I do not consider these provinces as a touristic place being a christian... unless you like firework and boum-boum.

The second core of the problem is simply the tuk-tuk maffia. How can they apply such exhorbitant rates compared to Bangkok and Pattaya. Never anyone in this forum has succeeded in giving me the answer, let's stand the police because the official tuk-tuk-maffia tariff is published in the police station [Pathong] and in this place you better not argue anymore... It's institutionalised! Full stop.

And third is: a dirty stair is cleaned from the top to the bottom! Is that so difficult PM Yingluck?

Edited by dude007
  • Like 1

Why so many negative remarks?

Why do not we wait and see what will take place?

Phuket has received a massive blow and uppercut and then a kick to go with it.

They have taken this very seriously and are starting to act.

CCTV is a great idea, because it helps to easily identify the perps and is also a great deterring factor.

The jet ski, without police support are nothing, so this would not be too hard to eradicate.

Taxi would be little harder due to involvement of some officials, but if they set to loose entire income, perhaps they will be willing to take a "pay cut"

Really when they do nothing, everyone complains and now they planning to do something and yet again everyone complains.

Seems just can not win and please some of the posters here.

Isn't it a bit simple minded? It happens I know better...

When an airport taxi can run over you while you are stopped while they are making a u-turn on a one way road, the police find the car and let them go, and when you go later to the police station and the sergeant there says nothing in the log, "it didn't happen" kind of makes you wonder.

Something similar happened to me with these man in brown. You must be a farang as I can read. The taxi was a Thai. There is no other explanation, sorry! TIT

CCTV is a great idea, because it helps to easily identify the perps and is also a great deterring factor.

The jet ski, without police support are nothing, so this would not be too hard to eradicate.

Taxi would be little harder due to involvement of some officials, but if they set to loose entire income, perhaps they will be willing to take a "pay cut"

Really when they do nothing, everyone complains and now they planning to do something and yet again everyone complains.

What is simple minded? to wait for few months before starting to thrash it?

Would you prefer they had no plan at all and just leave it as is, so you can bitch and moan why nothing has been done?

• Like 1

Once the “danger areas” have been identified, all police forces

“The risk areas must be identified and plans established to resolve the issues within 30 days,” he said.

Took also 30 days to built Rome....................... laugh.png

“However, the true indicator of whether or not Patong has become a ‘Safety Zone’ will be a statistical reduction in crimes and an increase in the satisfaction of tourists,” Gen Pansiri said.

New Police Initiative: Mass cover-ups, intimidation of journalists, witnesses and tourists, and doctoring of statistics. The good news: it's cheaper than doing actual police work.

Would you prefer they had no plan at all and just leave it as is, so you can bitch and moan why nothing has been done?

Wait for a few months? Go ahead. Let's see if they still even remember saying these things. My m.o. regarding things promised in Thailand: I'll believe it when I see it, and not before.

, “Phuket is one of the most attractive vacation places in Thailand. However, illegal taxis, jet-ski operators and issues with public safety are all concerns.”

Sounds like there will no changes to the taxi association members, just more of the same.

Wait for a few months? Go ahead. Let's see if they still even remember saying these things. My m.o. regarding things promised in Thailand: I'll believe it when I see it, and not before.

so you would prefer they did nothing ? and did not even come up with a plan? is that a better alternative?

You believe its better option NOT to even give them a chance?

Thus far they made statements about something needs to be done, but this is the first time they actually came up with a plan of action and did acknowledged that taxi situation and other issues can not be dealt with over night.

Is that not a good indicator for you?

Wake up your dreaming.

I think the story begins with "Once upon a time, there was this beautiful place called Thailand where there is no corruption, prostitution, mafia controlled gangs and even people not from this fabled land get treated just like the natives............"!

I believ3 30 days is a tad too optimistic; 3 months would be very optimistic. If he can keep the police from taking bribes, with the punishment of immediate dismissal and time in jail, he might just have a ghost of a good chance.

Other than that, it is an up hill battle

Increasing the amount of salary to the police officers who enfore the laws, would be a giant step forward...and give the police some good incentive to start making arrest and making the arrests stick.

Tuk Tuk drives having their vehicles impounded for any infraction would also be a must.

Starting at both the bottom and at the top of the criminal food chain is the key.

• Like 2

pat1.jpeg

My laptop and Tea Money were in my suitcase, its about this big, I left it in your taxi! No general you are mistaken, there were some grease stains on the seat but that was all I found in my taxi after I dropped you off.

I've been told my sense of humour is slightly above average but hats off to you on this one.

Mate, that's Classic. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 110%

• Like 2

You're not serious? (Are you?) I mean, most of us (with a pulse) get that this is just (more) talk. You get that, right?

The word "Patong" and "Safety Zone" in the same sentence! blink.png

Haha..that dude has humor, have to give him that wai.gif

I read it thinking they couldn't be serious there must be some twist. And within 3 months! Do I dare hope? I'd usually think no way but having announced it, there will be a huge loss of face if they can't pull it off. A tremendous rise in tourism $ if they can. Keeping it that way...

I'd love to bring my mum over for a holiday but as it is I couldn't leave her for a minute.