Pattaya Old Folks Home

threelegcowboy

A topic being discussed now is where old guys can stay when they cant get out of bed anymore. What hotel etc would offer additional services to allow a bed ridden person to stay.

I know of a few hotel/condo that are wheel chair friendly but not full service.

What are the options for this problem. I know there are medical terms for such that I have not used.

thx

Hey Gone! Are you back here yet?

Regarding nursing homes, google nursing home thailand. Quite a few hits come up:

http://www.goldenyears.co.th/en/index.php

http://nursingresortpattaya.wordpress.com/

I've seen some in Chiang Mai also. Not having prices listed is OK as many do have a variety of price levels, depending on your situation. I've been searching for them for my Mom in the US. None list prices. You have to email them.

Nursing homes are quite necessary if you need constant medical attention. Something your Thai GF won't be able to handle. You could hire a nurse from the local hospital. I've heard of that being done before.

Getting old is no fun!

This is good info....I called one of these places. The price given is B30K per month and had some kind of nursing supervision with private room

Now when one of my OLD friends becomes helpless I can play this card.

thx to all who directed me....

Edited by Rimmer
Font

About the cheapest I can find back home is 4k USD/month. Absolute cheapest in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Not very nice either.

If you need more assistance, the price goes up dramatically. My Mom's neighbors are paying 7k for their mother.

Hey Gone! Are you back here yet?

Regarding nursing homes, google nursing home thailand. Quite a few hits come up:

http://www.goldenyea...th/en/index.php

http://nursingresort....wordpress.com/

I've seen some in Chiang Mai also. Not having prices listed is OK as many do have a variety of price levels, depending on your situation. I've been searching for them for my Mom in the US. None list prices. You have to email them.

Nursing homes are quite necessary if you need constant medical attention. Something your Thai GF won't be able to handle. You could hire a nurse from the local hospital. I've heard of that being done before.

Getting old is no fun!

Hey Craig,

Yeah just got back mate. Will call you soon. Anyways I went through all of this with my dad and GoldenYears is NOT a good place more is the other mentioned. Some others (Chiang Mai) will only take Germans or Swedes I cannot remember.

I was wrong to say that if they don't mention the price it will be high. Compared to America etc a kazillion dollars is not high.

Anyways I hired our live in Housekeeper/Nanny/Nurse for 9000 baht per month and gave her a nice room etc. but after 1 week I gave her 12,000 baht. As my father deteriorated she learned all of his Oxygen needs (including what doses of what medicine to add to the emergency mask etc.), Medication, inhaler times etc. and just having all of his meals etc laid out on time routinely every day and the company alone kept him strong for 3.5 years until he really started deteriorating. We put him in Golden Years but after seeing the way they do things there, my housekeeper said let's bring him home as Thai's really do take care of elders and said she could shower him, change diapers etc. if needed. On the way back from Bkk via ambulance he ended up in Sriratcha Hospital and ended up passing away from Pnemonia.

Anyways if a person hires and trains the right person there is no place like home for the elders to be. Home meaning WITH YOU.

No one can stimulate them more then family and when they start reverting back to their childhood stages you simply buy them crayons, colouring books etc. and sit down with them and play. After all, do we think it was easy for them to take care of us when we were kids? We owe it to them and you would NOT regret it. I'm very happy I did all that for my dad and he lived almost 4 more extra years then if he stayed back in Canada.

Gone: How did you find your caregiver (leading question whistling.gif )?

I'm not Gone but I married mine over 20 years ago. Never regretted it.

All joking aside I think one of the local government hospitals would know of a few.

Yermaneewai.gif

p.s. read my signature.

About the cheapest I can find back home is 4k USD/month. Absolute cheapest in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Not very nice either.

If you need more assistance, the price goes up dramatically. My Mom's neighbors are paying 7k for their mother.

Typically £2,500 to £3,500 a month in the UK. Id ship the various relatives I look after (the finances for) over here if they could stand the journey!

Typically £2,500 to £3,500 a month in the UK. Id ship the various relatives I look after (the finances for) over here if they could stand the journey!

This is what I'm trying to do! Hopefully, it will work out. In the US, Mom will be broke in 3-4 years...

I met a girl that owned the massage place at the bottom of the hotle on Ocean side of 3rd road. Yellow building. She had a friend or sister that was a nurse and either owned or managed or something like that, a medical supply store/pharmacy. I have lost the card. Have not checked in on the massage owner in two years or so. I know, kind of vague, but the idea was there are plenty of services available for oxygen, etc. I suggest a "nurse" from the local hospitals would be available for off-duty work if round the clock constant care is not needed. As others have mentioned, more severe care needs more constant attention. having seen the majority of home care givers in the Los angeles CA area seeming to be Philippinas, that reach a decent agreement with the owner. Lady lives in house, maybe even bringing her daughter. Room and board and some stipend/pay for services. I wonder how the Thai patience for such things are?