Education Visa

Hi all

I am looking at applying for an E/D Visa today or tomorrow at a school in Pattaya ( either Pro-languge or PLC )

Anyway the cost of the lessons are about 23k baht for 150 hours this much I understand..

What I want to know is the cost of the Visa that I require, I phoned Birmingham consulate yesterday and they told me £135.00 there if I apply in person, this is the same as a multi O visa! ( I'm going to UK in 3 weeks time so can apply there)

But I think I may only need a single entry visa for around £35.00!

Also could just apply in Laos maybe when I return end of August if its cheaper and maybe have a short holiday there as well..

The cost of single entry is 2,000 baht in local currency (as set by Embassy involved). For most school study people only need single entry as extend every 90 days for 1,900 baht with new school paperwork. If already enrolled a multi entry might be available and that would not require extensions but would require leaving every 90 days on a border run.

The cost of single entry is 2,000 baht in local currency (as set by Embassy involved). For most school study people only need single entry as extend every 90 days for 1,900 baht with new school paperwork. If already enrolled a multi entry might be available and that would not require extensions but would require leaving every 90 days on a border run.

ok i realy dont get this about every 90 days extension for 19oob?I have a singel entrie non.imm ED.when i cross the border to get back from my visatrip from Penag i get 90 days.After 90 days i went to immigration and they gave me 9 month more for 1900b, and have to notification every 90 days,,Done one notification already,no paper from school and cost nothing.what is the different?is it up to the immigration office?Im in Phuket. Edited by crille30

Visas provide up to 90 day stay - multi entry means you can do more than once but can not stay more than 90 days each time - you would have to obtain an extension of stay from Immigration using a TM.7 (and meeting conditions) to stay longer.

Normal extension of stay on ED visa for Thai study at dedicated schools is 3 months each time (although Phuket has been providing longer). For normal University study it would be up to a full year. Any stay longer than 90 days without exit requires address reporting to immigration.

if the op can afford it, get multiple entry ed visa from birmingham/home country to minimize bulls*** when arrived in thailand.

"The second best time to plant a tree is today" sent from TV android app (Galaxy Cooper).

OK, I think I understand it now: the best way is to try to get a one year multiple entry ED visa from the embassy in my country and then I do not have to extend it every 3 months for 1900 baht, just report my current address (which is free). Am I right?

No you are not right. A multi entry visa only allows a 90 day stay so you must leave the country if you do not extend. It is only if you extend (for 1,900 baht using TM.6 at an immigration office) that you could remain in Thailand longer than a 90 day visa period - but when using extension you will have to make address reports every 90 days (many extensions are for one year so in effect staying for that period but making 90 day address reports).

Does the multi entry visa, which is valid for one year, really require leaving Thailand every 3 months? Is not it sufficient to report at the immigration every 90 days (for free)?

U have to leave thailand and get a stamp every 90 days.Also one has to be 50 or over to get a multi entry 0 from the place of birth,and to show 900gbp per month in bank.

A multi entry can also be obtained for marriage to a Thai; ngo work and various other reasons (other is the meaning of the "O") and there is no financial requirement - that is a requirement for a specific Consulate in the UK for those of retirement age; not a general requirement.