Thaksin Receives US Visa: Noppadon

webfact

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he has a visa prior to travel, Brits can do that, but the big thing!! is this..... visa or not when he arrives at his port of entry and immigration, he will still have to fill in a declaration that includes whether he has any criminal record. If he lies, he is in the sh*t, if he does not lie, he could be in the sh*t. Maybe his plan is to go to the US and indeed be extradited back to Thailand amid a mass of red shirt protest and when he arrives all is forgiven and the prodigal son returns whistling.gif

That declaration was on the NOW DISCONTINUED I-94W which is NOT the same I-94 declaration that Thaksin would make on any hypothetical US arrival. The I-94 declaration he would hypothetically use DOES not list ANY of the crimes such as MORAL TURPITUDE and others which were on the NOW DISCONTINUED I-94W that incidentaly never included anything related to his aledged malfeasance in Thailand.

A paltry 3 out of 10. You Thaksin haters really must try harder.

[edit for poor spelling... NL must also try harder!]

Edited by NanLaew

I believe she knows Phuket and Pattaya. But can she find it on the map, a real with all that strange countries with similar names...Taiwan, Thailand, Taipei, all full with yellow people who steal American jobs, or Arab terrorists or European monarchists. Some are friendly some not.

It isn't easy for the land of the free home of the brave.

Taipei isn't a country.

Yes... but you miss the point that there's a fair few 'murcans that would beg to differ.

• Like 1

The US authorities might slap slap some bracelets on him. Convicted criminals CANNOT legally enter the USA.

Surely there must be some leeway on that. For example, someone convicted of the "crime" of being gay in Iran ... In other words, if the US judges the conviction to be political in nature or reflective of a repression regime. That's why I don't understand Thaksin getting this visa, if he really did. Why would the US want to take a stand EITHER WAY on whether Thaksin's conviction is political?

The visa is the equivalent of 'taking a number' at the Post Office and only gets you to the front desk. It has a very low 'filtration' function compared to that of the ICE representative who is the first US official one ecounters. Issuing a visa does not in any way guarantee or influence the ultimate decision to allow entry to the US, ergo it has absolutely NO hidden endorsement on the bona fides or otherwise of the visa holder.

post-46292-0-77321600-1341593501_thumb.j

FLICK U

That passport picture doesn't look right.

I doesn't look like a Thai passport. But then again, it might be Nicaraguan, Ugandan or even Montenegrin. Maybe just a photo-shopped publicity stunt.?

I'll wait because the last time this yokel made a similar proclamation it turned out to be completely bogus:

December 05, 2010

An aide to Thaksin Shinawatra says Thailand's former prime minister will visit Washington next week to testify about the political and human rights situation in Thailand.

Noppadon Pattama, the legal representative for Mr. Thaksin, said Monday that the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe has invited him to testify in the U.S. capital on December 16.

http://www.voanews.c...939/166737.html

so... are you waiting or are you speculating?

i'm confused whistling.gif

It´s all the Thaksin "brown-nosing" that makes you confused. get some frech air.thumbsup.gif

I'll wait because the last time this yokel made a similar proclamation it turned out to be completely bogus:

December 05, 2010

An aide to Thaksin Shinawatra says Thailand's former prime minister will visit Washington next week to testify about the political and human rights situation in Thailand.

Noppadon Pattama, the legal representative for Mr. Thaksin, said Monday that the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe has invited him to testify in the U.S. capital on December 16.

It´s all the Thaksin "brown-nosing" that makes you confused. get some frech air.thumbsup.gif

frech air, is that good for you?

please point to the brown nosing, or is it just easier to process it in your mind that anyone who is not cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif at every lame thaksin joke that is made, makes them a thaksin brown noser?

December 05, 2010

frech air, is that good for you?

please point to the brown nosing, or is it just easier to process it in your mind that anyone who is not cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif at every lame thaksin joke that is made, makes them a thaksin brown noser?

What would you prefer a brown nose from Taksinpost-46292-0-73408500-1341636924_thumb.j or from Yingluck? post-46292-0-12675200-1341636967_thumb.j

Edited by waza

Why is this news?

When Thaksin experiences a bad bout of diarrhoea, it's splashed (sorry for the pun tongue.png ) all over the front pages.

When Thaksin farts because he ate some spoiled guacamole, it's a national headline.

When Thaksin thinks it's too bloody cold in winter in Montenegro, it's reported across the kingdom.

What is it with the Thai media's obsession with Thaksin?

The media should let him die - at least in their headlines - and refuse him valuable newspaper space. That alone would go a long way towards real reconciliation.

Finally free yourself from Thaksin's lingering, malevolent specter and find peace in the process!

When you can't think for yourself, you look for your demigod to do it for you. Enter TS.

It's one thing having a visa but another getting admission!

That is exactly right! Just because a person get's a visa does not mean that that person will be allowed to enter the US. Thaskin would be detained at the very least before allowing entry. Hope he has a round trip ticket. The US most likely would not arrest him, just send his ass packing back to wherever he flew from.

Yeah, Bush is no stranger to letting criminals in his bed. Guess who was flying out of America -- one of the ONLY *special* flights allowed at that -- right after "911" happened; courtesy of George W. Bush himself.

Who?

Here is a great source of factual events. "Over Throw" America's century of regime change from Hawaii to Iraq. Author is Stephen Kinzer

3 weeks ago the Thai foreign minister was in the US and stated he was NOT there to get a visa for Thaksin. Then this. It reminds me of the japanese thing. Same same not different :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Well he has a visa prior to travel, Brits can do that, but the big thing!! is this..... visa or not when he arrives at his port of entry and immigration, he will still have to fill in a declaration that includes whether he has any criminal record. If he lies, he is in the sh*t, if he does not lie, he could be in the sh*t. Maybe his plan is to go to the US and indeed be extradited back to Thailand amid a mass of red shirt protest and when he arrives all is forgiven and the prodigal son returns whistling.gif

That declaration was on the NOW DISCONTINUED I-94W which is NOT the same I-94 declaration that Thaksin would make on any hypothetical US arrival. The I-94 declaration he would hypothetically use DOES not list ANY of the crimes such as MORAL TURPITUDE and others which were on the NOW DISCONTINUED I-94W that incidentaly never included anything related to his aledged malfeasance in Thailand.

hate to break your bubble (not really) but it only takes 1 out of 10 to disqualify him. And if he is using his Thai passport they might send him back to Thailand.

While I have you on the line why does being honest about a person mean you hate them?

Mr. "T" is going to give a campaign speech supporting republican George "Georgie Boy" Romney....

I thought he was going to hold a lecture at NASA.rolleyes.gif

He was it was going to be on moon walking ala Michal Jackson style. And being multi talented he was going to tell the astronauts how he created a clone sister who is now ruling Thailand and turning it into a land of milk and honey.

Mr. "T" is going to give a campaign speech supporting republican George "Georgie Boy" Romney....

I thought he was going to hold a lecture at NASA.rolleyes.gif

He was it was going to be on moon walking ala Michal Jackson style. And being multi talented he was going to tell the astronauts how he created a clone sister who is now ruling Thailand and turning it into a land of milk and honey.

Milky milky

That's the price you pay for paranoia, sorry homeland security...............

Sorry for enforcing our right to determine who enters our country.

Well as an American I would agree that we have the right to determine who enters are country.

But as a honest American I would have to agree with phiphidon. The decisions are being made based on paranoia. To many Americans bought in to Chaney and his stooge Bush and have not yet seen the truth of their actions.

• Like 1

... the ICE representative who is the first US official one ecounters

Upon entering the US? You first encounter CBP. In fact, you won't encounter ICE until you break the law. Then they'll enforce your removal from the US.

You are correct... but it was the CBP; and in particular one Hispanic officer, that made my life so difficult. The first Thai-American dude I dealt with was was so cool. The young lady officer of indeterminate ethnicity was just plain wrong and admitted it.

I guess I was smart to walk away before they called the ICE-men!

hate to break your bubble (not really) but it only takes 1 out of 10 to disqualify him. And if he is using his Thai passport they might send him back to Thailand.

While I have you on the line why does being honest about a person mean you hate them?

Huh? The 3 out of 10 was my grading of GentlemanJim's post that misrepresented the 'declaration' that foreigners USED to have to sign.

1 out of 10 is my grading for your poor comprehension.

I find if you honestly don't like a person, the easiest path is to ignore that person and anything associated with that person. Now honestly, what's with all this frothing at the mouth that the very sight of the word Thaksin induces in some?