How Do You Get Your Thai Girlfriend To Save Money?

AngelofDeath

...all told, my wife cost me around 12 million in 10 years...(including what I lost on my house back in Canada)

...I was the A.T.M.....

(What I noticed is... 'she can be the most generous person with other peoples money'....)

The scary thing is...it is a 1-way street....God forbid you will ever be in need.....the equation is....we will be 'long gone before then'...one way or another...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...all told, my wife cost me around 12 million in 10 years...(including what I lost on my house back in Canada)

...I was the A.T.M.....

(What I noticed is... 'she can be the most generous person with other peoples money'....)

The scary thing is...it is a 1-way street....God forbid you will ever be in need.....the equation is....we will be 'long gone before then'...one way or another...

Money isn't everything.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There's nothing missing in this thread is there.

Doomsday, whore mongers, religion quotes and everything else under the kitcken sink.

Really some of you guys of more money then brains. clap2.gif

Im surprised your other half didnt print you a tee shirt with the joke

"My Farang has more dollars then cents."

NEXTcoffee1.gif

she spends because she can, and she can be sure you will give her more, so why would she change.

you gave her the power, taking it back now of a thai woman is near impossible, needs to be handled from the start.

600bht dishes for dinner, be carefull with a girl like that, is her heart with you or in your pocket.

Don't give her any, then she'll hang on to what she's got.

If you keep shelling out time after time, she isn't going to save.

Posts like this are rummy and there are many on here similar. It's almost like to some, having a Thai girlfriend is like having a pet that they need to learn to look after.

Sad.

I agree.

If she can't agree to help you save enough, she may be the wrong person for you.

Whatever, just giving her more all the time does not bode well for your future, and her borrowing from other people, is a very bad sign.

How do you change her mindset?

Secondly, whenever we get together for a meal, she will order expensive meals that cost 600 bahts in total. Worst of all, she can't finish the food that she ordered.

Thirdly, she loves to buy shirts, dresses and shoes weekly

After that, she will ask me for 5000 or 8000 bahts to tide her over. If I don't give it to her, she will call me a stingy person and then borrow from her friends.

Are you just too young, or just naive? If I was her, I'd spent all your money and leave you before you'd even realize it. coffee1.gif

she spends because she can, and she can be sure you will give her more, so why would she change.

you gave her the power, taking it back now of a thai woman is near impossible, needs to be handled from the start.

600bht dishes for dinner, be carefull with a girl like that, is her heart with you or in your pocket.

How much do guys like you know about how much a decent dinner cost? Ad some beer for the OP, perhaps friends.

Where did you read that he gave her the power?

It seems to be a bar girl/ foreigner relationship with an end most of us already know. I luv yu tuu mach.......coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai

simple : do not get a BARGIRL, but find yourself a descent person with a descent education

bargirls can have many supporting boyfriends, so when you are gone or your money is up, time for the next cashcow

my 2 cents

i can't believe you would want to be with someone like this. She has no respect for you, obviously doesn't see a future with you or she would at least try and reduce her spending. She is not a good person, the continues to walk all over you because you let her. You need to toughen up and move on.

The unthinkable should you being subservient to her for the rest of your life.

My wife would never pull this kind of crap on me, I trust her to spend wisely, She has an additional card from my credit card account, we have joint bank accounts. She is always responsible and if i tell her i don't approve of her buying something she won't or we at least discuss it further. We have mutual respect for each other and trust each other 100% i could never live with being benefactor and that's all.

i can see a very miserable life for you and her, she will always have demands and if you reach them new ones will come just watch.

• Like 1

So you've found the perfect girl for you but you really want to change her personality so it fits in better with yours.

Think about what you are trying to do.

Have you any idea why most marriages don't last more than a few years?

Because trying to change someone to fit in with your idea of perfect is a dead end.

Try and think logically.

Maybe she is not the one for you - or you for her.

Maybe what you really need is a slave.

I think there are two aspects to this issue, the first is the generally poor money management by most Thai females and the second is the OP's partners specific behaviour and the two shouldn't be confused, it doesn't seem to me OP as though your partner is not fully on your side when it comes to financial matters.

My wife is not particularly savvie when it comes to managing money and it has been a source of friction between us over the nine years we've been together. I have to temper my views sometimes because I realise that she has come froma poor background and has not had any training in managing money. I have to temper my views even further because I am pretty rigid when it comes to money management so I'm probably a harder task master than most on this front.

But the difference between us and the OP and his partner is that my wife works and earns her own money, our periodic falling out is more to do with her inability to save than anything else. One trick I have used sucessfully is to get my wife to lock her savings into a fixed term desposit so that she can't touch it and this has worked well, especially when she sees that she's been rewarded with interest at the end.

From my experience, most Thai's have no concept of budget or savings. It's all about today..

Agree 1000% wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Stereotypes! Many Thais can out save Westerners by miles. Some of the richest people in the world can be found in Thailand. How many Westerners do you personally know with $500,000 in the bank? Or even $50,000. Plenty of Thais have that much and more. My wife saves 50 to 60% of every baht that flows into her company. Sometimes more than that......