The Tmd Weather N Radar Site

realthaideal

I totally appreciate it. I do note that they've shifted around wherever their doppler stations are quite a bit in the last few years. IN fact the CM one is no longer extant, only the Lamphun one...

I use it to predict how things are around town so I can plan whether to head out, wait, or cancel based on what I see on the Radar Loop map. Too bad they neglect it so often and either it goes offline, or is just not updating as it is now. It's still displaying midday 4/7. Just kinda griping... I love the service but there's a whole lot of 'mai pen rai' involved with it's up-and-runningness.

What other services does anybody else use ? I don't think the US Navy or NOAA sites get as close as the TMD. And wunderground or whatever.... forgetting if they have radar or not. Gonna go recheck.

Rant n ramble over.

Totally agree with you. It's a great site, when it works. Fortunately I get great 360 views from my windows, so the "stick your head out the window & look" back up still works. This method worked yesterday & i correctly decided to cancel a hike on the eastern rim of the valley. smile.png

RTD, I just checked out the Doppler radar- you're right.

It used to display nearly real time data.

Showing now only images from July 4, up to 8:30 AM.

Today is July 6, and we have a big system moving through.

Worthless.