My Daughter Asks For Me To Buy An ...

AzarovDmitriy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimitry, i think what you can do is also turn it into an educational exercise.

Can tell her that with ATM, money can also go in every day, buy some teddy bear coin box and tell her to put the coins in there and when she needs some money, she could take it out, just like an ATM

Then tell mom to stop teaching your daughter how to extort moneycheesy.gif

PS, it must have been the funniest time to be there when she asked :)

My little boy stops at the shop on the way to school every day, and everyday he buys a small toy, as his mother says he 'buys for play'

So when his hand me down bicycle reached the end of it's life, and he politely requested a new one, we decided to teach him some values. He agreed with his mother that he would not 'buy for play' every day as before. So the new bicycle arrived.

One wet and miserable day his mother decided she would take him to school, sure enough she stopped at the shop......my son insisted she buy a toy.

Of course my wife reminded him of his promise made when requesting the new bicycle, not to 'buy for play'

But Mama he replied, I'm not buying for play.....I'm buying to sell.......smile.png

• Like 1

I think I'm lucky that I don't have a ATM card. I like the more personal service you get from the friendly staff inside the bank. smile.png

I just imagine you in the bank with the smile as in the avatar.

"I want to withdraw 28 Baht from my bank account"

My little boy stops at the shop on the way to school every day, and everyday he buys a small toy, as his mother says he 'buys for play'

So when his hand me down bicycle reached the end of it's life, and he politely requested a new one, we decided to teach him some values. He agreed with his mother that he would not 'buy for play' every day as before. So the new bicycle arrived.

One wet and miserable day his mother decided she would take him to school, sure enough she stopped at the shop......my son insisted she buy a toy.

Of course my wife reminded him of his promise made when requesting the new bicycle, not to 'buy for play'

But Mama he replied, I'm not buying for play.....I'm buying to sell.......smile.png

Next step teaching him:

Reseller discount

Wholesale price

And next year

Seafreight FOB/CIF

Certificate of Origin

As it seems he got the point....saving is one thing, increasing the income without going the hard way of work is the other.

I learned it too late.

My son was in his teens before he started to understand (because he got his first bank account and debit card) that first you had to put money in the bank before you could take some out.

It must appear amazing to young kids now that adults just get money from a machine whenever they want it. So pretty obviously they want to have the same freedom.

Next step teaching him:

Reseller discount

Wholesale price

And next year

Seafreight FOB/CIF

Certificate of Origin

As it seems he got the point....saving is one thing, increasing the income without going the hard way of work is the other.

I learned it too late.

Yep he has the mechanism alright, but I doubt he's quite ready for consolidated shipments into a Eurohub just quite yet!!

I get the feel at the moment that replacement stock and turnover may not be the prime driver in this little scheme.....when I find out where the monies from the resulting sale are now located I will let you know!! smile.png but for now he shows good initiative

For me... The little child might think it is amazing machine/toy...

Just push...push..push..the buttons and money came out, just that.

Kinda fun, no?

Edited by Maestro
Deleted part of post that was in reply to deleted posts.
  • Like 1

I have been in business for over 20 years, my son has always known me to be involved in sales or retail. He would see plenty of cash going through my hands every day.

When he was about 7 he asked me how to make money, I tried to explain the concept of profit..............wooooooooosh!!! Right over his head.

So I gave him £20.00 worth of kitchen roll and told him to stand outside the shop and sell it. Everyone loves little kids working to earn a bit of money and he sold out in minutes. I was busy at the time and I didn't notice him disappear into the toy shop next door.

Anyway, he duly returned and went into the back store, I shouted on him and asked him for the £20.00. He looked up at me all big blue eyes and innocent face and said.........ooops crying.gif

I said " ooops what?".......and he held out the brand new Buzz Lightyear toy that the £20.00 had been spent on. Trying not to laugh at how sorrowful his little face was I said to him, " If you have spent the £20.00 on toys how can we buy more kitchen roll to sell tomorrow?".

blink.png Went his little face, " I never thought of that"............." How much does it cost?" ..........."£14.00" I said........."Awwwww, so the profit is £6.00?" he said ermm.gif

" Yes it is " I said............" Okay, next time I'll buy a toy at £6.00". rolleyes.gif

I couldn't argue with his logic biggrin.png

Parenting brings magical little moments like this........you're kids grow up too fast and the innocence goes first, I've got a memory bank full of stories like this and my kids will never understand how much delight laughter and pleasure they brought me wub.png

Not until they all have kids of their own. wai.gif

• Like 2

Some statistics: starting with the first reply, the trolls came out. Moderators needed to delete 40 posts that were troll posts and replies to them. Not a good ratio.

Obviously, the topic remains closed.