90-Day Address Report By Mail

I sent off my 90-day address reporting for by registered post and the tracking shows that it was received on 27 June. But I haven't got a reply yet and now I'm past the 90 days. What should I do? I'm tempted to just wait until the next 90 days and then just go in person with proof of delivery? If I phone I doubt I'll get any sense out of them, and I don't want to trek all the way there, as there probably isn't a special queue for lost in post.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I just read that and seem to have made two mistakes...

I. I posted about 8-9 days before expiry, and not 15 days.

2. I put a 3 baht stamp on the return envelope instead of 10 baht. The guy at the post office insisted that was all I needed.

Any idea what they do if the return envelope doesn't have a 10 baht stamp?

The requirement is indeed 10 baht stamp but expect it will be delivered with postage due if postage is actually short - it is normal for return to be several weeks after reporting date so would not be anxious yet. They do not even process until the actual reporting date regardless of when received.

The requirement is indeed 10 baht stamp but expect it will be delivered with postage due if postage is actually short - it is normal for return to be several weeks after reporting date so would not be anxious yet. They do not even process until the actual reporting date regardless of when received.

ok, that's all good. Thanks for your help.

Some partial quotes from the immigration web site below. Are they now really saying they want the report by mail to arrive, repeat, arrive their office at least 15 days before the exact 90 day due date. I know they are using the Send word but it kinda sounds like the report must arrive their office by day 16, 17, 18, etc., before the exact 90 day due point since they say the registered mail must be sent at least 15 days before the due date. And if it don't you are just out of luck for using the mail method? What if I send it 89 days before?...that's at least 15 days before.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office.

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

I thought the report by mail just needed to arrive their office no later than the exact 90 day due date and the recommendation was to mail it approx 15 days before to give the post office more than enough time to get it delivered before the 90 day due point...but even it arrived on the exact due date you are still good to go. Maybe that is what above sentences are really saying although I think it can easily be taken the report must arrive their office by day 15, 16, 17, etc/at least 15 days before the exact 90 day date.

The report must be mailed 15 days before the report due date - that should allow plenty of time for them to receive it by that date. It has recently been changed from the previous 10 days before.

Just an update to let you know that I got my notification back today. I had only put a 3 baht stamp on the envelope, but they added another 2 baht. There wan't anything enclosed to tell me to put 5 baht next time or to say I posted late. But in future I'll post 15 days before with 5 baht stamp.

Although they returned it back with 5 baht postage, I would still follow their official guidance of putting 10 baht of postage on the return envelope.

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification.

I sent in a 90 day reporting form in April and never heard from them. I sent in another one on July 9 with a copy of the receipt of my April one. I have to go today for VISA extension so hopefully everything will be alright. For about a 4 month period from February to May, our village was not receiving mail, because the mailman was drunk everyday and I think just threw it away, so I'm guessing my return report got lost in the mail. Thankfully they have replaced the mailman.