2 Entry In Laos, How To Go About It?

I heard of a company that will take you to Vientiane and arrange hotel and visa for you from Bangkok but this costs 27.000 baht.

I figured there must be a cheaper way [and faster one, since they leave at 19.00 at night and you get back 2 nights later at 23.00 in Bangkok, by minibus]

Flying from Bangkok to Udon, seems to be faster but then? Anybody did this before, got any tips/tricks or recommendations where to stay?

You have choice of air/bus/train (and none would be anywhere near that price). You could fly direct to Vientiane and not spend that total amount - but going to Udon is normal and much cheaper.

Fly to Udon and van/taxi to border at Nong Khai and short ride into Vientiane on other side of bridge.

Bus to Udon or Nong Khai.

Train to Nong Khai.

I believe the normal all inclusive trip from Bangkok by visa company is normally about 7,000 baht - nothing close to your figure - but very easy to do yourself and much more comfortable than a Bangkok to border van ride.

You have choice of air/bus/train (and none would be anywhere near that price). You could fly direct to Vientiane and not spend that total amount - but going to Udon is normal and much cheaper.

Fly to Udon and van/taxi to border at Nong Khai and short ride into Vientiane on other side of bridge.

Bus to Udon or Nong Khai.

Train to Nong Khai.

I believe the normal all inclusive trip from Bangkok by visa company is normally about 7,000 baht - nothing close to your figure - but very easy to do yourself and much more comfortable than a Bangkok to border van ride.

Thanks a lot, anybody know what time the border closes?

You have done us no favors by not stating the purpose of travel and - where you are going. Further quite important is money, time and any sort of adventure/cultural experience you may (not) be interested in.

The easist, best and fastest way is to take the train overnight to NK. B30 to the border, B20 for the tram (?), US35 for the visa and B50 for the ride to Talat Sao. From there walk to the Riverfront area and find a hotel that suits your needs. I would not recommend eating in this overpriced area though.

In the AM you can simply walk in the cool of the morning to the embassy and back. You can see the city and have nothing else to do saving a buch of money in the processs.

DL a map or two for direction and FYI Samlors in Lao are abt as expensive transort I have seen in Asia.

Pick up your visa next day and get a ride shared in Samlor to border for B50. WALK back from border stopping at the 711 for some refreshment (saving you again big money - walking. At train station, take a shower and then go across the street to wait, have a meal, buy snacks and enjoy a beer/s.

Book your return, trains very full always now.

Second the train. I took it in March to Nong Kai, about 900 baht each way for 2nd class Air Con lower bunk. Upper bunk 100 less but no window I think. It's pretty nice, clean. Takes around 12 hours, I got about 7 hours sleep, lets you out in NK around 7 or 8 AM, plenty of time to drop off your passport before the 1 PM deadline, then pick it up next day. Train station on BKK is Hua Lampong.

I have done visa run from Bkk to Vientien

Fly Monday morning from Swampy to Udon

Took mini van from Udon airport to Border

Paid for load visa on arrival - 1500

Went thru customs into Laos

Took tuk tuk for 50 baht to Thai Embassy

Handed in forms at embassy - 2000 THB fee

Went to vientien river front and found hotel room for 1 night

Spent the day sitting by the water eating BBQ ribs and chicken

Next day passport pick up at 1pm

Received passport with tourist visa - double entry

Took tuk tuk to border - 50 THB

Crossed back into Thailand - 60 day permit to stay stamp

taxi to Udon airport

Tueday evening flight from Udon back to Swampy

All down in less than 48 hours

Note - f you have 2 or more tourist visa already in your passport, you might not get granted another tourist visa

If you have several tourist visa already I would suggest you go to Savannkhet

Good luck