Baby Names

BIG SPUDS

Please help us out, as the baby is due july, we are thinking of baby names.

I wounld like a kind of thai name but the wife wants a farang name.

Any ideas?

There are quite a few threads on this I believe so have a search :o

I personaly like the name of a friend of mine she is called Anchisa but she is half Chinese and Thai so maybe it is a Chinese name? I'll ask her.

Congrates mate

I also had the job of naming my kids ? is this a Thai thing that the father has to name there kids

I tried to chose a name that was Thai but would also blend in with Australian names so they wouldn,t get to much stick if we return to Australia for schooling

Edited by Rigger

The wife wanted to call our soon to be youngster after her 2 favourite foods. For a boy she wanted to call him chilli and for a girl it was going to be ginger. :o

But after much discussion i finally persauded the wife that those 2 names would mean a life of piss taking from everyone including myself. So we finally decided because we are having a boy to call him Joe. :D

It's very difficult to cloose names, however, if done thoughtfully it will be okay. Try think about the sounds, the initials, the meaning etc. And have a few choices so that when the child is born this will be the final indication. A sister of mine and her husband had a few boys names and a few girls names on a 'shortlist' but when the baby girl was born they both instantly agreed because it suited her personality.

I too chose something that sounds perfect both in Thai as well as English or any other Western language. Remember that all of the baby's grandparents have to be able to pronounce it. :o

We never really got around to a cool nickname though, we just shorten it in various ways.

I did have a huge list of possible nicknames though with some really good ones in it. Let me know if interested. :D