Affidavit Translated Cheap/Fast As Possible And A Few Simple Questions

I had read some time back that a (few) guy(s) had their notarized affadavits to marry translated up at the Chang Watana megamall.

Can anyone verify this, provide names, offices, who to look for...

Price? I think I recall B300?

Baring that - where to go other than using embassy hitlist or jokers outside the embassy for translations?

So, what am I doing at Chang Watana? Obtain a clearance to marry which I take to Amphur?

Which if any of her docs will be needed there?

A ID

B Housebook

C Passport

D Drivers Lic

Next step - Amphur where we show the papers, ID docs, sign the papers - will we need witnesses outside of places such as Ban Rak?

Are photos needed in this process and if so, will standard pp photos do??

SO...the process >

Make appt US embassy

W/ passport to US embassy

Sign document

Wait a few days for check

Return to embassy

Obtain traslation of document

With my documents and my GFs docs, off to CW

File document at Chang Watana

Get whatever they give to me as freedom to marry

Both of us to Amphur with documents

Get married

About it?

You print the document at home and take it to the consulate. You sign it in front of the consular officer, and are done at the consulate.

Now you have to translate the document into Thai, around the embassy or opposite the Thai Foreign Ministry at CW-road. It is not the same building as imigration, but a building (with a lot of flags) on the corner of the soi hwere you trun to immigration from CW-road.

Just use one convienient to you. Most will have the document on file and they simply only type in your personal details. 300 to 400 will do the trick. Ready while you wait.

Now you go the the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular department and have it legalised as real. There is an express service if you arrive before noon. Otheriwse it is pick it up in a few days. But most translation agencies can arrange for you to have the document legalised, for a fee of course. Express service is 800 baht, normal 400 baht (last time I checked). Any extras would be the agencies fee.

Once you have the document back, make a few copies of it or scan it in your computer. (You might need it later). Next is simply go to any amphur in Thailand and get married.

You will need:

- affirmation letter, legalised

- your passport

- divorce decree if divorced (tranlated)

- her ID card

- her household registration book

- her divorce certificate if married before

and of course the both of you. Mostimes the amphur will provide the witnesses, sometimes they ask for a small fee for that.

congratulations.

Thanks Mario, sweet - PRINTED!

Thanks for the congrats. Long time coming.

I don't mind hanging around BKK, I would rather be on Mu Koh Surin or Koh Rork - but hey, it's home. I would never pay someone B2200 for a translation that as I have read can be done while I wait an dth epostage must be all of B50.

I think 2200 baht will be translation, legalisation and sending it to you.

Around a thousend baht fee is a bit expensive and you can probably find it sheaper, but don't forget the cost of the taxi if you go yourself.

I think 2200 baht will be translation, legalisation and sending it to you.

Around a thousend baht fee is a bit expensive and you can probably find it sheaper, but don't forget the cost of the taxi if you go yourself.

Correct Mario, saved me heaps in hotels and taxi's

I have never been up there, avoid it like plague but should just be an MRT ride and a moto taxi. No big deal.

I would have still shopped it around for B2200 but obviously a day up in BKK is B1000 minimum, undertsand if you don't want to be there, best to return home.

• 3 weeks later...

8 day is more then enough.

What you do is you get the freedom to marriage letter from your embassy. When you have that you go to a translation agency, they take about 15 minutes or so as they will have the template in their computer and only need to fill in some personal details.

Next you go to the Consular Section. For the express service you must arrive their before 12:00 (unless they changed that again). The translation agency cna also take care of that).

I did it all in 1 day, but it depends on your embassy and how late you get the letter. 2 or workdays is more then enough.

8 day is more then enough.

What you do is you get the freedom to marriage letter from your embassy. When you have that you go to a translation agency, they take about 15 minutes or so as they will have the template in their computer and only need to fill in some personal details.

Next you go to the Consular Section. For the express service you must arrive their before 12:00 (unless they changed that again). The translation agency cna also take care of that).

I did it all in 1 day, but it depends on your embassy and how late you get the letter. 2 or workdays is more then enough.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. One more thing. Getting the letter from the embassy, geting it translated and getting is certifed by the MFA, can I do all that by myself or do I have to bring my fiance with me in person? I guess she only needs to be there at the amphur for the marriage registration. Am I right?

Thank you.

Take a copy of her ID-card and household registration book with you, as far as I know you can do all by yourself.

If you have a work permit, take that with you to for translation of your name into Thai, so you will have the same name on your WP as on your marriage certificate.