Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

coolhandjoe

Would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?Let's be honest now....  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is the best place in Thailand for a family holiday?

Contrary to common belief of the minority on here, Pattaya is the place for family men to take their families.

I take my family to Hau Hin.

Isn't Hua Hin just a scaled down version of Pattaya that offers a lot less attractions for kids?

And doesn't Hua Hin also have bars with bargirls that cater for the sexpats that you wouldn't wish your children to

see?

It has some, a very small percentage of Pattayas. They are mostly in a square that you may never come across unless you walk specifically there.

The streets aren't lined with hookers like Pattaya. Very rare to see a street hooker. The shopping malls aren't full of hookers and farangs like Pattaya and the beaches don't even compare.

Central mall (Biggest newest and best mall in Pattaya) is not full of hookers with Farangs. Boy are you guys slow learners. Drive to Hilton or Central mall and park inside.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Kerry i've been to all the shopping malls on numerous occasions in Pattaya and i don't consider any

to be full of hookers, it's just that some people on this thread need to make up stories to try and convince themselves that what they're trying

to say has any truth in it.

AND

Last time i was in Hua Hin there wasn't any shopping malls so that would also explain why there isn't any hookers in them too.

As for beaches Hua Hin beach was ok, but nothing special, Chai am beach down the road though was much nicer.

There were plenty of farangs in Hua Hin too, together with many ladies looking for, lets say companions.

So all in all Hua Hin is certainly a scaled down version of Pattaya, just on the other side of the Gulf.

To be honest Kerry i've been to all the shopping malls on numerous occasions in Pattaya and i don't consider any

to be full of hookers, it's just that some people on this thread need to make up stories to try and convince themselves that what they're trying

AND

Last time i was in Hua Hin there wasn't any shopping malls so that would also explain why there isn't any hookers in them too.

As for beaches Hua Hin beach was ok, but nothing special, Chai am beach down the road though was much nicer.

There were plenty of farangs in Hua Hin too, together with many ladies looking for, lets say companions.

So all in all Hua Hin is certainly a scaled down version of Pattaya, just on the other side of the Gulf.

It may be time to disclose the real purpose of the thread. Do you think so? Or should we carry on the charade for another couple of pages.

I agree in that there are probably much better spots, but I think this whole notion that kids are somehow damaged by seeing prostitutes is probably false. I mean i'd love to know it was actually shown to be, I bet it's not though, why would it be? It is more about being uncomfortable, which is good cause not to go, but I just don't see it as harmful. Having said all that, I'd go to Ko Tao and take the fam snorkeling or something myself.... much better/more stimulating stuff going on there.

Edited by meand

Last time I went to Hua Hin taking my GF, her Mum and Stepfather we were subjected to a police raid at the Hilton Pub. After being searched and talken down to we were kicked out into the night at 1am with nowhere else to go to. The beach at Hua Hin is pretty rubbish too, covered in horse crap and piss. The only reason I'd go back is it makes a convenient place to stop halfway between the drive from Pattaya to the South.

So (for all its pitfalls as discussed in this thread) nobody has identified a better place (other than Hua Hun which sounds like it doesn't have much if anything for kids) in Thailand for a family holiday than Pattaya. As I said earlier, I think Pattaya is far from perfect, and would like to know some alternatives (especially from those who would never take kids to Pattaya).

Would anybody like to make some suggestions where in Thailand I can take my kids for a weekend away from Bangkok (other than Pattaya)?

So (for all its pitfalls as discussed in this thread) nobody has identified a better place (other than Hua Hun which sounds like it doesn't have much if anything for kids) in Thailand for a family holiday than Pattaya. As I said earlier, I think Pattaya is far from perfect, and would like to know some alternatives (especially from those who would never take kids to Pattaya).

Would anybody like to make some suggestions where in Thailand I can take my kids for a weekend away from Bangkok (other than Pattaya)?

This thread is about the evils of prostitution. Perhaps you should open up a new topic?

How old are the kids?

BTW, I wouldn't dream of taking my kids to Pattaya. Why on earth would I want them to see the kind of people that go there from abroad and also the kind of Thai women who go there?

You will get a biased opinion here. Kinda like asking a group of guys in a pub about the evils of alcohol.

Edited by Johnniey

How old are the kids?

BTW, I wouldn't dream of taking my kids to Pattaya. Why on earth would I want them to see the kind of people that go there from abroad and also the kind of Thai women who go there?

You will get a biased opinion here. Kinda like asking a group of guys in a pub about the evils of alcohol.

My daughter is 19 months and my son will be born in the next few weeks.

Since we moved to Bangkok the only place we have been for a kids holiday is Disneyland in Hong Kong.

Ideally, we would like to find somewhere good for a family holiday in Thailand.

We went to Pattaya for a day and weren't impressed but from reading this thread I think it might be worth another try.

Where would you recommend?

How old are the kids?

Since we moved to Bangkok the only place we have been for a kids holiday is Disneyland in Hong Kong.

We went to Pattaya for a day and weren't impressed but from reading this thread I think it might be worth another try.

If they're that age then Pattaya wouldn't be too bad - they wouldn't notice all dregs.

There's a lot around and in Bkk - safari world, dream world - or sri racha, koh samet, lopburi, nontaburi. search for National parks - khao yai etc.

• Like 1

Koh Samet ........ very near to BK

Clean beaches, gently sloping into the sea.

Not much to do except play in the water and on the beach.

Restaurants put tables out on the beach at night, right down to the waters edge.

Very quiet at night.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

This thread is about the evils of prostitution. Perhaps you should open up a new topic?

Not for me its not.

Maybe the OP opened up the wrong thread by mistake.

Perhaps he meant to caption it "Would you liek to vent spleen on the people of Pattaya", but his fingers got tangled on the keyboard

SC

How old are the kids?

This is obviously based on the areas you have frequented - stay away from your old stomping grounds and there is plenty to occupy and keep the kids happy without any exposure to your past.

• Like 2

I thought the thread was about the stigma and sterio typing Pattaya City had on Thai nationals overseas and the nation on the world stage.

Not for me its not.

Maybe the OP opened up the wrong thread by mistake.

Perhaps he meant to caption it "Would you liek to vent spleen on the people of Pattaya", but his fingers got tangled on the keyboard

SC

Maybe the OP has been deported for being an undesirable;-)
  • Like 2

hi brit try kho yai

very peaceful plus plenty of fresh air ,great for your wifes health

i stay at a place called the greenery resort ,plenty of kids activities ,and nice food ,plus go karts archery zorbball for your self

not much to do at night time but your now a daddy so i go to bed at eight exhausted too

good luck

• Like 2

Restaurants put tables out on the beach at night, right down to the waters edge.

Very quiet at night.

Very quiet at night.

The Royal resort Hau Hin of Thailand has many attractions and is an idyllic location for families on holiday, especially Takiob where the sea is crystal clear. The beach is white and natural with rock pools for the children to play and fish in, Hardly any beach traders/jetskis etc. Friendly resorts mostly Thai frequented, infact somedays you won't see a farang( now the cat's out of the bag- Thailands best kept secret). It's also close to the town centre where there are your usual hospitals,cinemas,shops ( malls), tourist restaurants etc.

Very quiet at night.

Here are a couple of photos from Koh Samet,

post-104736-0-44127700-1341923351_thumb.

Just eating at the restaurant and the fire twirlers were free.

post-104736-0-52025000-1341923349_thumb.

The calm before the storm.

Had to pay the National Park fee though ... dry.png

• Like 1

Been to Pats twice for the day for a Burger King fix. Sat in the car to find a parking space for decades so saw a lot. Had my fix and sat on the beach for a beer.

I would never bring kids here. It is a piss hole for piss artists and guys who want to oggle stuff, including my wife. It is the pitts but great for the lonely to talk rubbish to those in a similar situation.

Great, it has a purpose but not for kids, cos your kids COULD be the centre of someones dodgy attention. sad.png

• Like 1

I thought the thread was about the stigma and sterio typing Pattaya City had on Thai nationals overseas and the nation on the world stage.

Without the evils of prostitution; customers and providers you would have nothing to complain about except a dirty beach and jet ski pirates. Face it you are a wanna be moralist who delights in telling others you and yours are more moral then me and mine.

Been to Pats twice for the day for a Burger King fix. Sat in the car to find a parking space for decades so saw a lot. Had my fix and sat on the beach for a beer.

I would never bring kids here. It is a piss hole for piss artists and guys who want to oggle stuff, including my wife. It is the pitts but great for the lonely to talk rubbish to those in a similar situation.

Great, it has a purpose but not for kids, cos your kids COULD be the centre of someones dodgy attention. sad.png

Well said

Well said

Not well said.

Without the evils of prostitution; customers and providers you would have nothing to complain about except a dirty beach and jet ski pirates. Face it you are a wanna be moralist who delights in telling others you and yours are more moral then me and mine.

They could complain about the food. And the water. And the traffic. Really, the sex tourists and hookers are far from necessary; think o fthem as a delightful luxury; Pattaya's own special piece de resistance. Though of no interest to my kids. To be fair, we go to Penang more often, now.

SC

Moralist! Realist more like,lol. I would not subject my children and family ever to that cesspool. You're ignoring the facts or ignorant?
  • Like 1

Brit,

Another poster mentioned Koh Samet... and for sure that is an option.

But depending on your own life-style and prefences the beach at Hat Mae Rumpung, between Rayong and Ban Phe, the ferry port for Koh Samet, has its own attractions. I have several friends who live there and I, at one time, rented a bungalow and latter day a condo, there.

Many posters will tell you their own story - but that is what makes the world go around.

There is no sleaze, per say. just many kilometeres of beach with pine trees and seaood restaurants. Ban Phe and Rayong - for shopping are just kilometres away by songtieow and there is a nice rock fishing boat cove in the middle..Great for hermit crab spotting at low tide. For sure the sea can be a little rough in the summer months but like the caribbean in the winter. I have stated at the Condotel, now called I think the Rayong Beach Hotel, which is affordable and beach facing. There are some western restaurants up and down the beach road.

My daughter , grandchildren and girls that I work with love it.

Perhaps 90 minutes away from Bagkok by bus to Rayong or Ban Phe or taxi

Gladiator

• Like 1

How old are the kids?

Stayed at The Marriott in Pattaya when my daughter was around that age and she seemed to enjoy Ripley's Believe It Or Not. with kids that young I wouldn't go all the way into Pattaya's traffic but would stop at Sri Racha. Visit Ang Sila (?) for the monkeys and the seafood and have a day at the Sri Racha Tiger Zoo although it could be a bit hot for a newborn and half the fun is feeding the animals.

I wouldn't take a newborn on an elephant ride nor would I go on a ferry boat to Samet so options being limited for health and safety, I'd head for The Rose Garden Hotel at Nakhon Pathom - oops now called Samphran Riverside http://www.sampranriverside.com and only an hour's drive

Didn't realise Hua Hin has a cinema now - good to know

Edited by 2unique

Moralist! Realist more like,lol. I would not subject my children and family ever to that cesspool. You're ignoring the facts or ignorant?

All I am saying Chitty is that the thread is about the evils of prostitution. One can hear the same kind of rant at any born again church in the American South. You believe that stuff I don't. The only difference between you and me is I don't try and influence your beliefs. You would rather outlaw mine as they are bad, in your opinion, for your family. Fess up. You would ban Pattaya if you could. Like all the other preachers here.

AND

No Central shopping mall is full of fat farangs with ugly hookers everytime I've been there. Beach road is lined with hookers at night. Even just walk out of central shopping mall down the sides and the bars are full of hookers.

Hua Hin shopping malls:

http://huahin.thaivisa.com/hua-hin-shopping-malls/

I stay at the Dusit in HH further out of town lovely beach, but the town beach is still far better than Pattayas.

If it is a scaled down version of pattaya can you tell me where the go-gos are in HH so I can go next time. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1