Harsh Lesson Or Job Well Done...Daughter Swept Down River

samsiam

None of us can say whether Sam made the right or wrong decisions but we can all learn from this story.

Agreed.

And that lesson is that BeetleJuice is a freakin looney.

i will agree with that wholeheartedly. a numpty too.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us can say whether Sam made the right or wrong decisions but we can all learn from this story.

Agreed.

Well Sam, you managed to cover the spectrum of arguements with this one! It is actually interesting to read the viewpoint from both sides, considering there are valid points on both sides, differing only by the depth of conviction to their points. Again, and I think I mentioned this earlier, the whole scenario may have been painted a lot worse than it actually was. Still, you can drown in a bath or choke when brushing your teeth.............

Personal view? Some people are naturally the indoor type and would fail to see the point of your actions. Some people have grown so old that they have forgotten their youth, and others have grown up in the cities and have never been privy to recreation such as swimming in rivers/streams and would therefore naturally react in an extreme negitive way to your actions. And the final caste are those that obediently follow and believe everything they are told, about somebody elses ideas about what is right and wrong in this world today without bringing common sense to the fore.

And honestly, the best of luck to you all. The above is not to say that you are in any way wrong, just that you have a different viewpoint to that of the OP.

And as to what you did Sam? I respect your view that children should have the chance to play in the open and have a chance to learn from their mistakes. Let them eat earth, swallow water and build up their immune systems naturally without rattling from the amount of pills they are given when they visit the doctors for a cold or something just as trivial. Because you have access to a river only adds to their adventures. I admit, I am a bit jealous.

Sorry for rattling on like that; just one of those days........smile.png . And remember, everybody is right, until they're wrong............thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

An interesting array of replies here. Taking Sam's post at face value and his subsequent clarifications my take is that Sam used this incident as a possible future life saving teaching moment, and that his daughters life was in no real danger. Was there zero danger? Never is; is there?

I wonder how many of the more virulent posters in this thread have ever let their sons or daughters ride on the back of a motorcycle in Thailand?

Agreed.

Well Sam, you managed to cover the spectrum of arguements with this one! It is actually interesting to read the viewpoint from both sides, considering there are valid points on both sides, differing only by the depth of conviction to their points. Again, and I think I mentioned this earlier, the whole scenario may have been painted a lot worse than it actually was. Still, you can drown in a bath or choke when brushing your teeth.............

Personal view? Some people are naturally the indoor type and would fail to see the point of your actions. Some people have grown so old that they have forgotten their youth, and others have grown up in the cities and have never been privy to recreation such as swimming in rivers/streams and would therefore naturally react in an extreme negitive way to your actions. And the final caste are those that obediently follow and believe everything they are told, about somebody elses ideas about what is right and wrong in this world today without bringing common sense to the fore.

And honestly, the best of luck to you all. The above is not to say that you are in any way wrong, just that you have a different viewpoint to that of the OP.

And as to what you did Sam? I respect your view that children should have the chance to play in the open and have a chance to learn from their mistakes. Let them eat earth, swallow water and build up their immune systems naturally without rattling from the amount of pills they are given when they visit the doctors for a cold or something just as trivial. Because you have access to a river only adds to their adventures. I admit, I am a bit jealous.

Sorry for rattling on like that; just one of those days........smile.png . And remember, everybody is right, until they're wrong............thumbsup.gif

Good post.

And I appreciated the negative posts as I appreciate others lifestyles and decisions are not same as mine.

But, I did object to the couple that went way overboard....particularly BJ as his comments were just over the top and the other poster that mentioned my lack of care....although I did state I understood where he was coming from, but he also needs to reciprocate that understanding.

An interesting array of replies here. Taking Sam's post at face value and his subsequent clarifications my take is that Sam used this incident as a possible future life saving teaching moment, and that his daughters life was in no real danger. Was there zero danger? Never is; is there?

I wonder how many of the more virulent posters in this thread have ever let their sons or daughters ride on the back of a motorcycle in Thailand?

Exactly...if you look at what you do daily...there is risk everywhere.

I weighed up any risk against the value to learn and figured the risk was nothing in relevance.

Yesterday they were go karting....day before a 15k bike ride around the mountain, not the little girl though...today playing golf....tomorrow it is frisbees in the park and swimming.

• Like 1

I weighed up any risk against the value to learn and figured the risk was nothing in relevance.

Yesterday they were go karting....day before a 15k bike ride around the mountain, not the little girl though...today playing golf....tomorrow it is frisbees in the park and swimming.

The best way to avoid risk is to suicide but even then you might be resurrected and subjected to cruel and depraved experiments by your distant descendants.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Hey Sam will you adopt me as one of your kids...........sounds like they're having more fun than me.

Hey Sam will you adopt me as one of your kids...........sounds like they're having more fun than me.

Shit happens.

Its called gettin older.

• Like 1

Do frisbees taste good ?