Land Price In Kanchanaburi

Stef

I have always liked Kanchanaburi and am thinking about buying a piece of land on which I may later build a retirement house.

I don't like Muang district or the dry and flat areas of the province.

Hilly and forest-covered areas in Sayoke or Srisawat would be perfect. Sangklaburi may be a little too far

Can anyone help me estimate the price of 1 to 5 rais of land in these places?

Thank you

Please don't tell me about land ownership issues in Thailand. I've been living in Bangkok for almost 20 years.

You can get land from about 30k bht pwr rai but that will be por bor tor.

Chanote from 50k if you are very lucky but more likely minimum of 100k per rai if it has water and electric nearby.

Close to a major road I always seem to be quoted 400k.

Anywhere along the river people seem to ask crazy money. Minimum of one million per rai.

Nice land at a reasonable price is available it just takes alot of looking and of course if a white face shows up the price is hiked accordingly half the time.

I also suggest looking at the banks property books to see what that have for sale although in my experience it tends to be a little overpriced.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi

I live in phanomthaun. My mother in law sometimes work as broker on land sales.

Here land will cost 400K - 1 mill Bath/ray depending of location.

Prices has gone up quit a lot after build of the new road to Burma.

But my sister in law (wauv) know of a teacher(Woman) in Sayoke who recently has become single and want to sell her land (3 ray).

It included a house :-(

The price is about 2 mill Bath/3 ray, but you can call and ask her

085-18311515.

Mogens

wai.gif

N.B Go to the area where you want to settle down and talk to the village leader. He will know what is awailable

Edited by Muggi1968

Great. Then you might have bought rice from my wife.

post-154753-0-08236200-1341826383_thumb.

It is my mother in law on the bags w00t.gif

A lot of Thais from Bangkok also want to settle down here, so I guess the price of land will be pretty high.

I can understand them. Here is very peacefull (Except for the highway), no trouble and the pollution seen to be small despite of the old lead mines.

(and bangkok is only 130 km away)

But the road to Burma surly will also make the prices here rocket.

wai.gif

Edited by Muggi1968

For sure. I rode my bike up to the proposed border crossing at Nam Ron. Wifey got chatting with a couple of the locals and the price of land came up. They told her that years ago before knowledge of the crossing became public people in the village wondered why people from Bangkok were snapping up all the land they could at 10k per rai. Well now they are selling at 1 million per rai!

4 years ago I wanted to bye 1.5 ray here next to the highway for building a house for me and my wifr nexto her parants.. 200000 Bath/1.5 ray (4 years ago)... ...

people told us it was madness. We did not buy.......

Today maybe 800000 Bath/1.5 ray unsure.png

Well... Technical only my wife could have earned a lot of money biggrin.png

(I know the thai law)

Thanks to all this very useful information.

So:

About 1 million bahts per rai for riverfront, 400,000 near a main road, 100,000 elsewhere.

Stef

1 million up along the river. I was recently offered a couple of rai right on the river just downstream of the main town. 3 million per rai. Nice but not that nice.

400k up along a main road.

Maybe 100k average elsewhere.

Wifey was told of 36 rai of available farmland today with chanote at 36k per rai which is a very good deal.

Edited by apetley

if i ask my wife to buy somethinge in bkk for me i save 20 %...

Farrang should newer buy land alone.

2 Years ago we where offered some paddy fields VERY cheap.

My wife and my father in law went to see it.

my father in law know all about land here.

It turned out that the seller of the cheap land did not own the land. He

only had the "right to use it" and to sell the "right to use it".

(The seller did not tell us that)

This mean that if the military or ampour want to use the land they can

ask you to leave without and compensation...

Newer trade land alone......

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 12 rai connecting to the river Kwai Noi in Ban Wang Yai a couple of years ago.

Chanote title, connect with the river, 200 meters from the train station, sugar cane land....bought for 280k per rai. Absolutely gorgeous country.

We have built a house and planning to build a farm stay resort next year.

Good land with water is expensive here and increasing every year. Especially with the planned opening of highway to Myanmar opening soon.

I bought 12 rai connecting to the river Kwai Noi in Ban Wang Yai a couple of years ago.

Chanote title, connect with the river, 200 meters from the train station, sugar cane land....bought for 280k per rai. Absolutely gorgeous country.

Good land with water is expensive here and increasing every year. Especially with the planned opening of highway to Myanmar opening soon.

Agree its a beautiful part of the country but its only expensive if you want to live on the river, Wang Yai 200 yards from the river and you can still get it for 20,000 per rai.

Agree its a beautiful part of the country but its only expensive if you want to live on the river, Wang Yai 200 yards from the river and you can still get it for 20,000 per rai.

I'm looking to buy a little extra land in Wang Yai. Could you let me know where abouts this 20k/rai land is situated because the cheapest we have come accross is 50k....low land tittle and no clear road access.

You can PM me if you like but highly appreciated if you can you can point out this cheap land.

I'm looking to buy a little extra land in Wang Yai. Could you let me know where abouts this 20k/rai land is situated because the cheapest we have come accross is 50k....low land tittle and no clear road access.

You can PM me if you like but highly appreciated if you can you can point out this cheap land.

Wifes sisters just bought 40rai for 800,000, with the station on your left, straight past the school to the cross roads and turn right. Will keep an look out if anything else comes up.

• 1 month later...

Wifes sisters just bought 40rai for 800,000, with the station on your left, straight past the school to the cross roads and turn right. Will keep an look out if anything else comes up.

Thanks very much.