Ed Visa -- Extension And 90 Days?

When I did the first extension on my ED visa at the end of April, they put one of those 90-day report slips in my passport as well, telling me that I had to do a 90 day report by something like July 25 and then I had to extend again on something like August 1. I guess the reason is that I extended a little early, so that it will actually end up being more than 90 days between the date I did my first extension and the date I'm due for the second one.

My question is--if I go back to the immigration office on July 25 (the date the 90 day report is due) and just extend the visa again on that day instead of waiting until August 1, do I have to do the 90 day report as well, or does the visa extension count as the 90 day report as well? In other words, do I not have to do both separately?

Thanks very much.

Only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report. After that you must submit a new TM.47 for each report. If you have the documents from school to extend on the 25th expect it will be accepted. But remember you can do the 90 day report up to 7 days after the due date in person (but they may count 25th as day one so would make it the 31st).

Thanks for the replies.

Having to do both seems a bit illogical, given that the visa extension form will ask for my address, but I guess I don't have any choice.

The one time I did a 90 day report before (on a Non-Immigrant B visa) it took several hours.