Anyone Ever Have Hernia Surgery In Pattaya?

Tariya

For sure, Chiang Mai will be cheaper. I have had two operations for hernias on my groin due to a one year stay in hospital at RAM1 Hospital and a second for an umbilcal hernia, caused from lifting me sheepdog into and out of the pick up, at Sripat - Suandork. Both were cheaper, even if factorting in the costs of flights, than Pattaya. And you get a mini-holiday.

Get well

i have a very large incisonal hernia caused by to many operation and catching msra while in hospital in Chonburi .. i have had 3 prices so far all say over 100,000 baht just for the 0p don't inculde room or medicine .. i will try navy Hospital next but finding it hard to get to see a surgeon to get a price ... good luck

What about the Naval Hospital in Sattahip? And, if there is a surgeon who is affiliated with two different hospitals, who do you negotiate price with, the surgeon or each hospital?

What about the Naval Hospital in Sattahip?

Good 'n' cheap.

And, if there is a surgeon who is affiliated with two different hospitals, who do you negotiate price with, the surgeon or each hospital?

Mostly the hospital. You can try the doc, but the doc likely won't negotiate his fee at a particular hospital. He's in a whole different category than a tourist shop tout.

Had my inguinal hernia done at Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital Satahip last year , in for three days in a general ward as I didn't ave someone stay with me, total cost 17500 baht. Price fixed by the hospital not the surgeon. I wrote an artical comparing the cost of four local hospitals for the Pattaya Trader a few months ago but I am not at hoe at the moment so cannot source my copy.

• Like 1

Had my inguinal hernia done at Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital Satahip last year , in for three days in a general ward as I didn't ave someone stay with me, total cost 17500 baht. Price fixed by the hospital not the surgeon. I wrote an artical comparing the cost of four local hospitals for the Pattaya Trader a few months ago but I am not at hoe at the moment so cannot source my copy.

With a far better option ,Malaysia an hour away,far better and cheaper,why stick to Patts?

With a far better option ,Malaysia an hour away,far better and cheaper,why stick to Patts?

Let's have the numbers.

Edited by JSixpack

Let's have the numbers.

Now then lets just have an inkling of what he is about?...what is his final quote?...of the four or five hospitals in the area they can all be beaten on price

postscript...yes I once knew a guy,a guy smashed his hand,had few estimates in Th,thinking of clearing off back 'ome.because of pricing, took a train or plane to Malaysia,fixed up for free. Anyway I'm not about to do any homework for anyone, Skype is to be had,as are the directories for Penang or Alor Star hospitals,near the border

Edited by cockerdoodledo