Overstay Child

Hello

Would like to know what if foreign child below 10 years old overstayed for 5 years ? Will there be fined at the airport ?

My son got dual thai and american nationality, 5 years ago we travelled overseas using his american passport and since then hen never used his American passport at all and never travel overseas.

does a child needs to pay for overstay ?

And what is the best visa for him to stay in thailand based on his mother is a thai ?

cheers

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

Children below the age of 14 year do not have to pay overstay fines.

You did not say whether your are married to the Thai mother of your child, but either way for the future the best way will be to get your son a Thai passport, which is easy to obtain and at a low fee. As he appears to be in Thailand on his US passport at present, he will obviously have to leave on that passport, but after that he should always use his Thai passport to enter and leave Thailand and his US passport to enter and leave the USA.

If, on the other hand, you wish to complicate life for him and have him continue the use of his US nationality in Thailand, he can under current rules apply for annual extensions of stay for the reason of being a Thai national. At the very least, you should have him get his Thai ID card if he does not have it already.

Thanks for the reply, yes i am legally married to a thai national.... Well actually when he exit thailand 5 years ago , he exits with his Thai Passport when we travelled to NY, USA ... i got him an american passports in USA and we travelled back to Bangkok with his new American passport during that time.

P.S Where can i get more info about Child Thai ID card ?

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

It is now compulsory for Thai kids to have an ID card when they are 7 years old so your son aged 10 should already have his. If he hasn't your wife needs to get him to the local Amphur asap.

If you son is a dual Thai/US national and has a Thai passport why on earth did he enter Thailand on a US pasportermm.gif

It is now compulsory for Thai kids to have an ID card when they are 7 years old so your son aged 10 should already have his. If he hasn't your wife needs to get him to the local Amphur asap.

If you son is a dual Thai/US national and has a Thai passport why on earth did he enter Thailand on a US pasportermm.gif

during that time we did not think of what willnhappen in the future