Question Re Paying Maintenance In A Village

giddyup

I have lived in a village of around 40 houses for just over two years now. When I bought my house I had to pay the developers 2 years maintenance up front, about 35,000 baht. At that stage there were quite a few unsold houses, but now all but two have been sold. The developers now want to move on to a new village and want the residents here to take over the responsibility of their own maintenance. This is fair enough, but my question is how do you enforce maintenance? If someone (or several) decide for whatever reason that they no longer want to pay maintenance, how do you make them pay? It could obviously have a snowball effect if a few decided to drop out. There may then be insufficient funds collected to pay for security, street sweeping, pool cleaning etc.

Maintenance often includes: pool and garden maintenance, security/entrance facilities, garbage collection, street lights, etc.

I know one example of enforcement and that's Chokchai Garden Home 4.

There's an entrance facility with badges, if you don't have a badge, the gate won't open and you have to leave your car outside the village + garbage won't be collected.

2 important ways to enforce the payment of maintenance fees.

Maintenance often includes: pool and garden maintenance, security/entrance facilities, garbage collection, street lights, etc.

I know one example of enforcement and that's Chokchai Garden Home 4.

There's an entrance facility with badges, if you don't have a badge, the gate won't open and you have to leave your car outside the village + garbage won't be collected.

2 important ways to enforce the payment of maintenance fees.

The car restriction crossed my mind as well. However uncollected garbage could pose a health risk if the resident just decided to let it pile up. We have boom gates with a security guard, so I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to restrict cars.

Here, our village doesn't do anything to prevent floods. But they make a lot silly things I think there is some corruption as well. So we don't pay, I think now almost 1 year.

Junk collection: Bangkok is doing it for free inside our village. As well as the borrowed pumps for free when there were the floods.