New Passport & Retirement Extension.

My extension for retirement is due by the end of this month. I have just received my new UK passport, replacement for old due to expire next April. My immigration office is a full day excursion & I want to get everything done in my one annual visit.

It would be easier if the stamps were changed over after receiving the new extension thereby saving me the hassle of getting new photocopies & filling in another TM47.

Does anyone know the procedure?

You can do it in one trip.

Fill out your TM7 for extension and using your new passport number. Make copies of your previous extension visa and etc. the same as you have done before. Make copies of new passport photo page.

Present both passports and let immigration handle the rest. If going to large immigration office where they have different desks for the new passport move over it might take a little longer.

If your passport is a replacement your old one is invalid so you must have stamp in new passport. The TM47 has nothing to do with extension of stay or change of stamps (address report form).

Sorry, yes- I mean TM7.

You can do it in one trip.

Fill out your TM7 for extension and using your new passport number. Make copies of your previous extension visa and etc. the same as you have done before. Make copies of new passport photo page.

Present both passports and let immigration handle the rest. If going to large immigration office where they have different desks for the new passport move over it might take a little longer.

Thank you Ubonjoe.

That is exactly what I needed to know. Much obliged.

Today went to my designated immigration office, Phitsanulok, where first the stamps were changed over from old to new passport. No charge. Second, I applied for my annual visa extension for retirement- no problem. Third, a re-entry stamp. Total time in office 40 minutes. Efficient & cheerful service.

Then went to the Thai Passport office & renewed my wife`s Thai passport. That took her 10 minutes.

In & out of Phitsanulok in just over an hour. Brilliant.

It`s the 3 hour drive each way that is the pain.

Again Ubonjoe, thank you. Your info was spot on.

I deal with Phitsanulok Immigration office too, much the same to report as Vatman, very impressive service, polite, helpful staff, in and out in next to no time!

PS Vatman, next time you go, it's worth a look in the new Robinsons Shopping Mall, there's a supermarket there with a fair selection of farang food ! biggrin.png

I deal with Phitsanulok Immigration office too, much the same to report as Vatman, very impressive service, polite, helpful staff, in and out in next to no time!

PS Vatman, next time you go, it's worth a look in the new Robinsons Shopping Mall, there's a supermarket there with a fair selection of farang food ! biggrin.png

Robinsons Shopping Mall- didn`t know about that. Will check it out on next annual visit.

Thank you MrMuddle.