U.S. Man Pleads Guilty In Terror Plot Involving Remote-Controlled Planes

News_Editor

U.S. man pleads guilty in terror plot involving remote-controlled planes < br />

2012-07-11 04:37:25 GMT+7 (ICT)

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS (BNO NEWS) -- A man from Massachusetts who is accused of plotting to fly remote-controlled model planes packed with explosives into the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol has agreed to plead guilty, prosecutors said on Tuesday. He faces 17 years in prison.

Rezwan Ferdaus, who is also known as Dave Winfield or Jon Ramos, was arrested in September 2011 in connection with his alleged plans to destroy the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol by using remote-controlled model planes filled with C-4 plastic explosives. He believed he had been in contact with al-Qaeda members but was actually talking with undercover FBI officers.

In return for a sentencing recommendation of 17 years in prison, followed by 10 years of supervised release, Ferdaus has now agreed to plead guilty to attempting to damage and destroy a federal building by means of an explosive and attempting to provide material support to terrorists. Prosecutors have also agreed to dismiss the remaining charges against him.

"The plea agreement filed today is subject to review and acceptance by the district court," the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts said in a statement on Tuesday, adding that a date for the change-of-plea hearing has not yet been set. Ferdaus had previously pled not guilty to the charges.

Ferdaus allegedly delivered detailed attack plans with step-by-step instructions to undercover officers as to how he planned to attack the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol. The plans included using three remote-controlled aircraft and six people, including himself whom he described as a leader.

"I just can't stop. There is no other choice for me," Ferdaus allegedly said in recorded conversations with a cooperating witness and undercover officers. Ferdaus allegedly said he envisioned causing a large "psychological" impact by killing Americans, including women and children, whom he referred to as "enemies of Allah."

Prior to the plea deal, Ferdaus faced up to 55 years in prison.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-07-11

"I just can't stop. There is no other choice for me," Ferdaus allegedly said in recorded conversations with a cooperating witness and undercover officers. Ferdaus allegedly said he envisioned causing a large "psychological" impact by killing Americans, including women and children, whom he referred to as "enemies of Allah."

Amputate his arms and legs.

this should make it easy for him to stop.

and perhaps ad a lobotomy!!

There is no other chioce for us.

• Like 1

Not a bad idea really. That would be one helluva deterrent. Certainly better than mere jail time.

You would think it would have occurred to him that somebody

already tried that with a Boeing 757-223 loaded with Jet Fuel

weighing probably close to 100 tons & doing at least 350mph

It didn't do all that much damage considering................

I cannot imagine a RC plane or three would cause much damage

even with C-4 on board

Unless he had an RC Air Force of a couple hundred planes

Three model planes?? laugh.png

Edited by flying

even with C-4 on board

It just shows how insane this idiot really is.

Not a bad idea really. That would be one helluva deterrent. Certainly better than mere jail time.

Yes, but first lets slice of his nose and employ a plastic surgeon to graft in its place the fleshy portion of a pigs snout. Let the shiner spend his days trying to figure out how he'll ever get those 72 virgins then.

even with C-4 on board

In a bid to keep the war on terror alive the FBI trolls for nut jobs with a grudge and enables their fantasies.