What Type Of Chair Do You Use?

maidu

No double meaning. I was using standard rolling chairs which swivel and tilt. I would put cushions in various places, but still was not satisfied - always shifting positions.

Three days ago, I bought a stationary padded chair. It's solid and cost a reasonable Bt.2,200 new. Much better.

Since everyone reading this is sitting in a chair, and probably sits for at least half their waking hours (including deep thoughts on the royal throne, before they make the royal flush), am curious what types of chairs others use.

I am reading this in my bed so I don't fit your everybody dynamic.

But my bed is a solid base with no wheels if that interests you 555

Oh I decided to read it again as I am now standing up dam_n still can't help ya.

:)

Edited by irlguy1

Just a hard ass dining room table wooden chair since my laptop pretty much lives and operates on the dining room table. No cushions, no wheels, squeaks on the floor when I push back, etc...also puts the laptop closer to the main frig where the beer is kept...keep it simple.

New+Chair++004.jpg\

Nice chair.. How expensive was it?

And where did you get it? I've got a mesh back, but I can't find a chair with mesh seat also anywhere.

I bought this chair online from an outlet in Bangkok where they seem to have a couple showrooms. They shipped it to my home in Chiang Rai where I assembled it. I have had a few PMs about it both here and on my blog. Only know of one who actually bought one from the same place. The price seemed to put the others off their morning cup of coffee.wink.png

I know better than to publish the price or link in the open forum.smile.png

New+Chair++001.jpg

Is that a headrest on your chair? I don't think I've ever seen one on an office desk chair. Do you actually use the headrest?

I find the headrest quite useful on TV. When reading a particularly stupid post there is a tendency to through ones head back and shake it from side to side in disbelief. The headrest prevents whiplash and allows for a quick recovery.thumbsup.gif

I move around with my laptop while working (or writing to TV). The only time when I use the desk is when I need to use second display to be more productive in some tasks.

I guess it would be ok to tell the price of the chair and where you bought it in case you are not the seller. We have constantly links to products on TV.

I move around with my laptop while working (or writing to TV). The only time when I use the desk is when I need to use second display to be more productive in some tasks.

I guess it would be ok to tell the price of the chair and where you bought it in case you are not the seller. We have constantly links to products on TV.

Those who seem really interested have already been in touch by PM.smile.png Not posting on the open forum is more about the grief one gets from those who have obnoxious opinions about spending too much or too little and start in on the personal attacks.wink.png

why not publish a price / link? seems that people reading this thread would find interest. At least I'm interested, can you at least PM me where to get one?

edit: i see you kind of say why in the above post. I think you shouldn't mind about what grieffers think. anyway, pm sent!

Edited by jaysun

kicked back on sofa, laptop on lap.

when working a chair very similar to VF's

the head rest is great becuase i tend to sit right back in the chair.

the mesh is also good in avoiding sweaty ass and back.

I also keep a footstool under the desk.

Back in my corporate days, it was Aeron in the office or nothing, so you get used to having decent seating

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 1

This is not the chair in question - but a very expensive model for sale here if money is not a concern - it is also sold by TV Direct I believe.

http://www.pantipmar...oducts&id=58983

User46172_UZMJKZ.jpg

Going to be way too sticky/sweaty for the climate i would think; mesh is the way to in Thailand. If not mesh then at least something breathable. (P)Leather is very uncomfortable in the heat/humidity.

kicked back on sofa, laptop on lap.

when working a chair very similar to VF's

the head rest is great becuase i tend to sit right back in the chair.

the mesh is also good in avoiding sweaty ass and back.

I also keep a footstool under the desk.

Back in my corporate days, it was Aeron in the office or nothing, so you get used to having decent seating

Before I got the iMac 24 I was primarily on the sofa with the laptop. The sofa had a very wide arm and the laptop sat there unless I typing a lot. It was very comfortable.

Aeron, same as the one I had in the office in Sydney.

It came whole in the box, nothing to assemble:

aeron1.jpg

My old place (and old server back in 2003, Tokyo) and the chair is unbreakable. Serves today as on the day 1. in October 2003:

aeron2.JPG

It was 150,000Yen...about 60,000 THB today.

Edited by think_too_mut
  • Like 1

Going to be way too sticky/sweaty for the climate i would think; mesh is the way to in Thailand. If not mesh then at least something breathable. (P)Leather is very uncomfortable in the heat/humidity.

Actually there is no leather - is breathable woven material as most office chairs here

I used to be in agreement on mesh until I had the back snap and drop me to the floor soundly hitting head on wall in a most 'amazing' Thai experience.

This is not the chair in question - but a very expensive model for sale here if money is not a concern - it is also sold by TV Direct I believe.

http://www.pantipmar...oducts&id=58983

User46172_UZMJKZ.jpg

I have a chair very similar to this one. Bought it here in Pattaya. It certainly was not cheap but WOW! It's the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.

All the seat and back rests are made out of that tempur foam

post-32036-0-50854400-1342094052_thumb.j

Edited by Jayman

I used to be in agreement on mesh until I had the back snap and drop me to the floor soundly hitting head on wall in a most 'amazing' Thai experience.

I had a similar experience with a cheap chair similar to the one I posted above. One of the legs (plastic) snapped and I was flailing my arms in the air and found myself on my back staring at the ceiling with a puzzled look on my face. biggrin.png

New+Chair++004.jpg\

Nice chair.. How expensive was it?

And where did you get it? I've got a mesh back, but I can't find a chair with mesh seat also anywhere.

I bought this chair online from an outlet in Bangkok where they seem to have a couple showrooms. They shipped it to my home in Chiang Rai where I assembled it. I have had a few PMs about it both here and on my blog. Only know of one who actually bought one from the same place. The price seemed to put the others off their morning cup of coffee.wink.png

i have a near identical chair. mesh means no more sweaty back. paid 7,500 Baht several years ago Index Mall, Pattaya.

p.s. the seat is not mesh but has some sort of punctured surface. office chairs which had mesh seats i only saw in Singapore in a bank.

A word of warning. The specs say one should not weigh more than 100 kilos for this chair but the staff suggested that 90 kilos is probably safer with mesh. Sharp objects, jumping on the seat or unbridled sexploits might render the chair unusable.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

A word of warning. The specs say one should not weigh more than 100 kilos for this chair but the staff suggested that 90 kilos is probably safer with mesh. Sharp objects, jumping on the seat or unbridled sexploits might render the chair unusable.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Wonder if they make a Thai expat version giggle.gif

• Like 1