Ed Visa Change To B Visa?

Try to search and find everything but not this one.

I have Ed visa and I want to change to B visa when its ending or close to end.Can I or do I need to go

outside Thailand?Of course I will have all documents from my company.

Go to the embassy in Laos, if you can get the receipt from the MOE (Labor Office) before hand, to show that they are processing your Work Permit, or have the WP in hand it makes it a little easier. But not necessary to get your Non B.

Without the receipt for WP or W.P. the embassy will put a red stamp in your passport. Quoting from my passport.

"The applicant is advised to apply for work permit which should be presented to the authorities next time."

Meaning after the 90 days that the embassy will give you, when you go to immigration for the extension you must have the W.P.

I am actually just doing all the paperwork for myself for a new school that has no clue how to do all this as it is a brand new school and I am the only foreigner employed there. Will go to the labor office Friday and then off to Laos shortly there after. Reams of paperwork.

Also if you are going to be teaching you are going to need a Waiver of a teachers license from an office in Bangkok, unless you have a teachers license. Immigration will demand to see this when you go for your extension.

For two years I was never asked for this, but recently was and the school refused to provide it since I was near the end of my contract.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Do they put the name of the company that is hiring you in your passport when you apply for the non-B? The reason I ask is because I have a school which I am teaching for and they gave me my paperwork to go get the non-B (currently on Ed-visa). However, a much bigger and better job has been offered to me (non-school), and so I don't want the school job anymore and do want the new job. Can I use the school's paperwork to go get the non-B, then quit the school (before WP is assigned), and then use that new non-B stamp to get a WP for the new job?

If the answer to the above is "No". Second question, my ed-visa expires on Aug. 9, can I leave Thailand on that date and return same day on tourist visa (30 day)? This will give my new company time to get the non-B and WP paperwork sorted.

THX

A non-B visa entry is not tied to a job, so if you quit your job you can use it for the new job and apply for a WP.

Leaving thailand on an ED-visa you can return the same day. You seem to mean a visa exempt entry of 30 days, not a tourist visa. That is 30 day when returning by air or 15 days if returning by land transport.