Radio Control Aviation In Thailand

Loptr

Anybody have an idea if there is are any active Radio Control Airplane clubs in Thailand??? I know there are several manufacturers on RC aircraft in Thailand... Just curious if there are any expats who are active in this hobby... I fly competitively in the west and when I relocate to LOS, I would like to hookup with one of these groups...

Thanks in advance for any info...

Anybody have an idea if there is are any active Radio Control Airplane clubs in Thailand??? I know there are several manufacturers on RC aircraft in Thailand... Just curious if there are any expats who are active in this hobby... I fly competitively in the west and when I relocate to LOS, I would like to hookup with one of these groups...

Thanks in advance for any info...

Good question ! It was asked a while back and I tried to find my reply on Thaivsia to refer you but I can't locate it again. So here goes once more ....... there are MANY R/C flying clubs and flying sites across Thailand. I have flown at more than 25 and would say that there is at least 1 club in every province. I have been to national meets and it seems there are R/C'ers from all over Thailand. I once found a small group of about 6 guys somewhere around Mae Hong Son flying from a grass patch whilst Bangkok hase several clubs. Most expect you to join in due course but are very hospitable if you have a plane and just go along ...... the flyers are mainly Thai nationals as you would expect but there always seems to be a smaller group of farangs too. And it's legal. Where are you located in Thailand or where do you intend to fly ?

If you're in BKK there's a shop across the road from Pantip selling the gear. They should have some info on clubs.

Yes indeed - that shop across the road from Pantip Plaza - near the foot of the stairs of the pedestrian cross bridge - is called Futaba Hobbies. MalcolmL

Also found another good shop, Phra Ram 9 (oops on the spelling) Fortune City (everybody goes to the IT Mall) In the basement is a very big sports store (also very good) and theres a R/C shop in there, seemed to do a lot of Sailing Ships, but has some Helos and big, I mean Big Models in there.

Also found another good shop, Phra Ram 9 (oops on the spelling) Fortune City (everybody goes to the IT Mall) In the basement is a very big sports store (also very good) and theres a R/C shop in there, seemed to do a lot of Sailing Ships, but has some Helos and big, I mean Big Models in there.

Thee are many RC clubs and here they call them "Air fields" rather than RC Clubs. In passing I have seen them at Ransit, Dung Mung, Chomburi and many others.

While I'm not too familiar with R/C flying, I do know that a number of people fly both helicopters and planes almost every evening near Impact Arena, by the lake (look up Easton Lakeside Hotel to get a map of the area - Bangkok). While jogging in the area, I've enjoyed watching planes of many sizes whiz past overhead, as well as some rather impressive boats on the water. Might be somewhere worth looking into.