New 1.1 Billion Baht Water Park Close To Pattaya Starts Construction

Rimmer

New 1.1 Billion Baht Water Park close to Pattaya starts construction

PATTAYA:--On Wednesday at the Pattaya Hilton Hotel a contract signing ceremony took place for the construction of a new Water Park to be built close to the Silverlake Vineyard on the outskirts of Pattaya.

The Ramayana Water Park is located on 171,200 sq m of land and will be the largest water park in South-East Asia when it is finished. The 1.1 Billion Baht Water Park will be completed in April 2013 and will feature 17 separate rides including a Dual Wave Pool, The Vortex, Aqualoop and Euro Bungy.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/58699/1-1-billion-baht-water-park-close-pattaya-starts-construction/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-11

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Luckily we have had constant rain all day today, as opposed to the drought over the last few years. Oh wait, they haven't built yet so the rain will delay construction. Oh wait again, Cartoon Network Amazone Water Park about 5 kms away at Bang Sare is also being built.

Gone are the days when a restaurant or mobile phone shop opened up and a few weeks later 10 others copied and opened next door; now they have billions of baht to play with. Yippee!!!

Sorry, i am just jealous as i don't have a billion baht to throw around. At least the Cartoon Network one is a bit different based on an Amazon Rainforest theme, with cartoon series themes on Ben 10, The Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo and The Amazing World of Gumball.

The small road from Sukhumvit to Silver Lake already gets heavy traffic on the weekends, how is it gonna cope with a massive water park?!

Edited by taichiplanet

It's very close to us, I am dreading the increase in traffic on these small roads

Indeed. I suspect that these parks will attract huge numbers of BKK Thai families on weekends and holidays etc., though many of them probably already come here and stay by the beach, so perhaps the net increase for the whole area may be minimal.

The Cartoon Network has little more than a cement staircase completed.

All the steel and fibreglass structures are being fabricated off site, they will arrive by the truckload and be bolted to the existing foundations, it will be quite a quick erection once they start that.

It's very close to us, I am dreading the increase in traffic on these small roads

No worries. I heard they plan a four-lane motorway diversion down to the new waterpark to ease off the traffic on Sukumwhit. Maybe it will pass outside your wall?

All the steel and fibreglass structures are being fabricated off site, they will arrive by the truckload and be bolted to the existing foundations, it will be quite a quick erection once they start that.

"quick erection" sounds ok