My Life As A Tefl Teacher.

I remember the distain with which was bestowned upon me when I annouced I was a tefl Teacher. I have the upmost respect for teachers because it"s something they have chosen as a proffesion. I, on the other hand chosen it as a way of staying in Thailand with my daughter. For the first two years it was the usual, FALANG. Then a parent then spoke to me, the children really love you.Three years down the line the director says the teachers really like you.This is not ment to be derogatory to teachers but what you learn about teaching doesn"t always applie in Thailand. I can have a class of 50 silent in 10 seconds without saying a word. I can have a class of 50, actually that:s a lie. 40 attentive in 10 seconds and keep it that way for nearly an hour. Someone did ask me why I was so succesful as a teacher? Because I love children. And I actually do. It"s not what you are taught that makes you a good teacher. It:s what you bring to the table. I learnt over the years that it's not about how you want to teach but how the children want to be taught. Imagination can bring the most delightful effects. Scott, justwanttoteach and Peaceblondy [ rest in peace ] you have my upmost respect.

A number of off-topic posts from grammar and spelling Nazis have been deleted. Unless someone specifically is asking advice about grammar or spelling, refrain from commenting. Not everyone is computer literate or has a decent internet connection. Some posters post from Iphones and some aren't native speakers.

The habit of making unflattering comments about grammar, spelling and writing style is becoming all too frequent on the forum and will result in suspensions if it persists. It is inflammatory and it's off-topic.

None of us a RIP after our names yet....eventually we all get that title, but not yet.

• Like 2

If you are teaching and the the students are learning thats good. The one thing I do not understand is how any R.I.P can be seen as jest. I think you are a very unhappy person who needs to think before he types untruths about people passing away.