Lawyers Council Of Thailand Urges People To Stop Threatening Judges

webfact

You only see this kind of stuff in a bad movie or fiction novel. In most countries of the world, threatning judges will get you thrown in jail. In Thailand, your a hero. Or at least an MP, which to Thai's is almost the same thing.

An utterly broken legal system leads to this outcome. 1700 years in jail for 500k proves it.

• Like 1

You only see this kind of stuff in a bad movie or fiction novel. In most countries of the world, threatning judges will get you thrown in jail. In Thailand, your a hero. Or at least an MP, which to Thai's is almost the same thing.

An utterly broken legal system leads to this outcome. 1700 years in jail for 500k proves it.

Or have your life destroyed for merely translating a book in another country.

Well i didn't want to touch on that subject, but it is hardly as though anyone knows what judgement will come even when the law should promise a given outcome.

I have maintained from the very beginning of all of these years of problems, that the problem is essentially a swayable judiciary. Thailand has laws very similar to other countries, but the judgement goes with the wind of the day.

I blame thaksins maid.

Edited by Thai at Heart

To the posters above, terrorism is terrorism, by your definition, is it not ??

Interesting that you both ignore the points of my post and deflect.

Thailand for the Thai's and all that...............

Burning tyres and buildings in Bangkok is almost as bad as burning forests on Kalimantan in terms of air polution.

Still under the Abhisit government we had the TRCT setup and under the Yingluck government continued and most pressure seems on getting 'army kills' confirmed. Involvement of others seems unprovable, too difficult, not opportune, ideas by misguided people.

THailand for the Thais and all that. Really explains the situation without deflecting ermm.gif

Salmon Rushdie would agree on principle. The guy who translated the book would have known better than to go to Thailand. Even British know (by now) just saying "you can't touch me, I'm British" doesn't work anymore

To the posters above, terrorism is terrorism, by your definition, is it not ??

Interesting that you both ignore the points of my post and deflect.

Thailand for the Thai's and all that...............

Burning tyres and buildings in Bangkok is almost as bad as burning forests on Kalimantan in terms of air polution.

Still under the Abhisit government we had the TRCT setup and under the Yingluck government continued and most pressure seems on getting 'army kills' confirmed. Involvement of others seems unprovable, too difficult, not opportune, ideas by misguided people.

THailand for the Thais and all that. Really explains the situation without deflecting ermm.gif

Sorry Rubl, thats a bit too difficult to comprehend.

Can you say it in Dutch Unclese, maybe google translate will be my friend,

Edited by philw

The statement, released by the council's vice president on policy and planning, Jesada Anucharee, said that though the Constitution grants people the right to express themselves, it is against the law to threaten judges and interfere with their work

There you have it. Can the police please take not and get these SOB's who are clearly breaking the law, locked up! I wonder how a lawyer will defend such a charge now?

The new head of the police is Thaskin's brother in law. Go figure how and why that happened

He seems to have a Brother in Law for every occasion!

Well i didn't want to touch on that subject, but it is hardly as though anyone knows what judgement will come even when the law should promise a given outcome.

I have maintained from the very beginning of all of these years of problems, that the problem is essentially a swayable judiciary. Thailand has laws very similar to other countries, but the judgement goes with the wind of the day.

I blame thaksins maid.

On the right track, but not the maid for me but "Madam who wanted to borrow our names".

Is a judiciary swayable as opposed to being threatened?

A bit too late, you got a red shirt A-hole threatening them overtly. Will he be arrested and charged? Will the PM make a statement condemning her own people? This man is dangerous and will cause many more deaths for his bosses, the Shinawatras cause!

Yingluck never condemned the Red Shirt terrorist suspect that works for her Cabinet. I don't recall her condemning any of the Red Shirt actions. For giving the judges addresses/phone numbers and encouraging Red Shirts to call/visit the judges and their families and threaten/intimidate them... Dokjik has never been held accountable, but once the buffoon realized that the public sentiment was running against his latest terroristic activity, he eventually did apologize.

So that should be good enough by Red Shirts as usually they don't even do that much.