European Visa For Thai People

Hello,

I just signed in here today and I'm not really sure if I am at the right place.

I would like to ask if anybody here has experiences of inviting Thai people to Europe and helping to get a visa. It's about a 3 months tourist visa for the Schengen states (Germayn as place of entry). I already got some informations from the Department of Foreign Affairs, but I woul appreciate any comments about this visa thing so much from people who have done this before.

Thanks a lot!

I woul appreciate any comments about this visa thing so much from people who have done this before.

Generally speaking, Immigration officers will need to be satisfied that the Thai will be visiting as a tourist (ie will not be working), will not be a burden on the taxpayers of the country visited and will return to Thailand in accordance with the terms of the visa.

If the Thai has a responsible sponsor, can show sufficient funds to support him/her and evidence of a compelling reason to return there should not be a problem.

This is assuming, of course, that there are no serious criminal convictions, or links to terrorism, etc. lurking around!

Hello Mr Nice,

As for visas for Schengen states, well, last year my Thai girlfriend and I were in the UK on holiday. We wanted to go to visit friends in Brussels and applied for a Schengen visa at the Belgian Embassy in London. No problems, we had the visa the next day. However, we were already cleared by the British Embassy in Bangkok for the UK. This may have made the difference. If your friend is going straight to your home country, which is a Schengen State, it may be more difficult. Good luck.

Visa for Thai lady to Germany is diffecult ( I am sure you know why). You might need to first enter other country such as Belgium or Italy Instead.

It took me almost 6 months to get a student visa to the Netherlands, eventhough I have 10 years multi- entry US visa on my passport.

Hi there,

some words about schengen visa for EU. I'm german and my wife is thai. We live in good old Germany.

1. relating to Thaksin's wife:

Thai who can provide evidence for a self-financed trip including all requirements (health insurance.....) will not have any problems to enter the EU.

:D I think Thaksins wife can do so!

2. You can get a visa for tourists within some days in Bangkok if you fill all the requirements, as there are:

a) provide evidence of monthly income for the last three months

:o you have to subscribe a declaration that you will bear all the liabilities that your guest from LOS will accept during the stay in EU.

(this declaration you have to subscribe at the local immigration authorities)

c) you have to provide evidence for an existing health insurance that is accepted by the embassy.

d) you have to invite the thai guest (letter)

Hope this will help

regards and greetings from cold and snow covered Berlin

exchange1973

If you pay for your guest expense for the trip, you need to supply

1. Your financial statement, letter from your company which says that you are employed or statement from your bank.

2. Your invitation letter , besides saying that she/ he will stay with you then you have to say that you will take care of your guest expense during this trip ( in case you are the sponsor )

3. If he / she is employed by company in Thailand or eleswhere, she /he might need a letter from the company that she/he is taking a vacation ( but i dont think any company would let the employee have more than 1 month vacation )

Goodluck

I just came back from the German embassy upon picking up a 30 day Schengen Tourist Visa for a Thai lady. Things have indeed become more difficult over the past few months but surely for obvious reasons.

The visa sticker even bears now the photograph of the visitor which wasn't the case in the past. Although the rules applied are very tough, during my 4 years stay here in Bangkok I have got to know the staff at the German embassy to be very cooperative and helpful. They usually try to help in whatever way is possible under the circumstances.

Most important, ALWAYS tell the truth and evaluate together with the officiers what can be realistically done on what you have on hand. NEVER make up any stories. They know the tricks and fantasy tales get you nothing but being blacklisted. Instruct your Thai friends accordingly and tell them NOT to listen to their "experienced" local friends that usually provide nothing but counter-productive advice.

Originally, in the said case 90 days were targeted but rejected obviously due to a misunderstanding during the interview. In the second attempt we negotiated a compromise and eventually got the visa for 30 days bearing some restrictions (can not be extended and the visitor has to report personally at the embassy within 5 days upon return or otherwise will get blacklisted!).

MOST crucial aspect when going for a tourist visa is to provide evidence for an actual return to Thailand. Acceptable are:

- Own DEPENDING children that live in the same household as the visitor

- A legally married Thai spouse

- Non movable property in the name of the visitor

- A long term working contract with a legitimate company

Secondly, appearance and the way the information are provided during the interview are of utter importance. Everything must be making sense. Be prepared to answer honestly and with confidence because if in doubt the embassy will refuse the visa. Somehow it contradicts that someone who is practically unable to communicate in English (or any other language common in Europe) but wears skimpy clothes, anwers all questions with "mai ru and mai nae jai" has suddenly developed the urge to study European cultures and/or languages even if that person demonstrates financial independance by feturing heaps of gold jewelery. Also it appears to be quite unlikely that two individuals have discovered true and selfless love to each other while spending a couple of days together in LOS.

To comment on the previous postings regarding Khun Taksins wife: Yes, she will certainly get a visa to Europe without any problem but not because she has a lot of money on her account but due to the simple fact that she obviously has no desire to overstay her visa or even illegally immigrate and/or make a bunch of Euros by illegal work while being there. Can anyone claim the same for a person that he/she got to know for a few weeks at the very best? Hey, Eve got lured by a darn snake to commit a crime and here we are talking just an apple and not an Euro that presently buys around 49 Baht.