Are There Any Hospices In Isaan, Or Other Provinces?

lostinisaan

Hello,

There’s an older man, around seventy, living in Sisaket province who’s got huge medical problems.

He’s still married in Germany, worked for the government and he’s got a good pension coming in. He’s living here for about 17 years and nobody of his family in Germany wants him to go back, as his pension wouldn’t cover a place for elders. His still wife would have to pay money as well.

The problem is his greedy girlfriend. As he’s most of the time in hospitals his ‘spouse’ doesn’t really care about his circumstances. He could stay in single hospital rooms, but she does all that he is suffering extremely.

All she’s waiting for is the 30,000 baht she receives every month from his pension. Well, many Rais of land and a nice house with a pool made him poor and her rich.

Is there anywhere in Ubon Ratchtahnai area a kind of hospice where he could live the rest of his days in freedom?

If not in Ubon, are there any places in Thailand, where maybe also other foreigners are staying?

I’m posting this as his daughter called me to look for a solution, it can’t go on as it is now. Anybody out there who knows if such places here exist?

Thanks in advance for any information that could help this guy. He has suffered already enough.

There are no hospices in Ubon and as far as know none in Northeast Thailand. A difficult situation.

In and around Bangkok/Pattaya areas there are retirement homes with hospice facilities but they are not cheap.

Also hospices that are mainly for sufferers from AIDs.

My first question is why doesn't the German daughter take her father home?

Another solution is to hire a full time nurse, dish the gf, change the ATM card number and move in rented accommodation in Ubon or Sisaket.

But I guess the old fellow is not well enough now to plan all these things.

Hello Lostinissan,

Have a look at:

http://www.thaivisa....-in-chiang-mai/

http://www.mckeanhosp.org/

Mckeans Hospital and now have a seperate Senior Care facility.

My Mum received hospice care in the original hospital before passing - as did several other international folk that I knew.

A senior nursing director is Beth - who speaks English as is an American now residing in Thailand.

The head doctor is an Australian.

The hospital is set in beautiful gardens by the Ping river just outside of Chiang Mai. I have nothing but praise for the medical care and concern that my Mum received.

Please PM if I can provide further information.

Regards,

Gladiator

• Like 1

There are no hospices in Ubon and as far as know none in Northeast Thailand. A difficult situation.

In and around Bangkok/Pattaya areas there are retirement homes with hospice facilities but they are not cheap.

Also hospices that are mainly for sufferers from AIDs.

My first question is why doesn't the German daughter take her father home?

Another solution is to hire a full time nurse, dish the gf, change the ATM card number and move in rented accommodation in Ubon or Sisaket.

But I guess the old fellow is not well enough now to plan all these things.

Neither his still wife, nor his daughter want him back in Germany. Sad story, but that's also called life. He's not well enough to make decisions, I've only met him a few times and feel sad about his circumstances.

The Thai spouse will do all not to loose her income. family is involved in serious crime. All in all a very difficult situation.

Hello Lostinissan,

Have a look at:

http://www.thaivisa....-in-chiang-mai/

http://www.mckeanhosp.org/

Mckeans Hospital and now have a seperate Senior Care facility.

My Mum received hospice care in the original hospital before passing - as did several other international folk that I knew.

A senior nursing director is Beth - who speaks English as is an American now residing in Thailand.

The head doctor is an Australian.

The hospital is set in beautiful gardens by the Ping river just outside of Chiang Mai. I have nothing but praise for the medical care and concern that my Mum received.

Please PM if I can provide further information.

Regards,

Gladiator

Thanks a lot. Will have to wait for his family's decision....

• Like 1

Are you certain they are legally married on paper in Thailand?

The guy is and wasn't never married to a Thai, just a walking ATM as so many others here......

The German man is still married in Germany; wife with new partner visited Thailand just to let me know that it's not in their interest if he'd come back, as she'd have to pay some additional money for a place in Germany which isn't cheap.

Started to hate his German wife and his shitty old Thai witch.

Edited by lostinisaan

The guy is and wasn't never married to a Thai, just a walking ATM as so many others here......

The German man is still married in Germany; wife with new partner visited Thailand just to let me know that it's not in their interest if he'd come back, as she'd have to pay some additional money for a place in Germany which isn't cheap.

Sad situation your friend is in, my best advice is take your friend for a drive and go all the way to chiang mai change all pin numbers and not let any of the Thai wife's family know where you are heading, this guy needs a fresh start.and he looks like he has a decent pension which he should be spending on a good lifestyle in his retirement years not being a cash cow for some heartless thai bitch!!!!!.

So they are not married, that's good news. He can just tell her to <deleted> off.

• Like 1

Sad situation your friend is in, my best advice is take your friend for a drive and go all the way to chiang mai change all pin numbers and not let any of the Thai wife's family know where you are heading, this guy needs a fresh start.and he looks like he has a decent pension which he should be spending on a good lifestyle in his retirement years not being a cash cow for some heartless thai bitch!!!!!.

Seems that there's not much to help. The witch does all to change the story, they don't even bring him to Ubon, Sapphasit where they know his medical circumstances, made some surgeries before and put him on the right medication.

He's till in another crappy hospital with about 50 other patients in the same room attached to his bed that he can't remove the tubes.

Just one sad example of foreigners who'd be better off in their original country.

So they are not married, that's good news. He can just tell her to <deleted> off.

I guess there're more people out there somewhere who should tell their witch to puck off.