Emigrating To Los - Need Financial Advisor In Australia

lolex

Hi... .

My mate and I are both planning to come and live in thailand. He'll leave early next year some time... me, a bit later.

We both have fairly standard situations, but need some sound, knowledgeable advice so we don't make a mistake that affects our tax / centrelink situations in an unnecessarily bad or stupid way. Both need to make sell or rent decisions on the houses we live in at present... both have some interest earning cash deposits (more if we sell houses before leaving)... both need whatever we can get from centrelink (old age pensions... we're not bludgers...).

If you know of a good (sound) financial Advisor in Brisbane, Australia (or somewhere else in Oz, who will consult by phone / email) I'd be most grateful for your help. Please PM me or post details.

Any other good advice welcome.

Thanks !

Edited by lolex

In Australia Financial Advisors should not provide advise regarding the OAP from Centrelink. There is a topic on OAP in the forum, so do a search as well as you can search on the Cenrelink site on OAP payment criteria when moving overseas.

lolex some simple advise, if you want advise in OZ look in OZ not in a Thai forum. Second if you own a home and sell it you will have too much money to get the OAP, if you rent they will deduct that profit from your OAP.

If you want advise about Thailand a good forum to ask. In OZ better to just go to centerlink and ask them, they will tell you what you can and can not do and it's free. Jim