29 Schools In Bangkok Cancel Classes: HFMD Outbreak

webfact

Just been turned away at my daughters kindergarten in Pattaya - 2 cases confirmed by hospital this morning so closed til Monday.

What school?

smile.png

Hastins Kindergarten - I didn't mention it as I assumed anyone with kids there would already know.

I have kids but hadn't seen any Pattaya schools in the news (although it's easy to miss the Pattaya 'news.').

Knock on wood.

:-)

according to the wife its just been on TV saying that nearly half the schools in Thailand are closing due to a pandemic outbreak across Thailand of this.

no idea if its an exaggeration of course.

But surely, foot snd mouth won't effect Thailand. floods, pestilence, what next, frogs?

• Like 1

My Kids school refuse to actually fill the liquid soap dispenser in the toilets, Amazing Thailand alright.

your kids school REFUSE to put soap in the liquid soap dispensers at school?

have you complained about this? i cant believe that your kids school office would tell you that they wont put liquid soap in the toilets.

school offices and admin staff are relatively helpful. they would understand that kids need soap to remove bacteria. and they should also understand that "bar soap" transfers bacteria from child to child.

if they really are as shocking as you describe, then i would take it upon myself to bring a large tub of liquid soap to the school and put it yourself into all the toilet dispensers and make a big thing of it in the office to make sure they keep topping it up.

i just dont believe they REFUSE to do this.

Why is the guy in the picture wearing a mask while spraying the liquid into the classroom? Maybe he does not trust the chemical soup he is launching in the air for the kids to breathe? Can we use this as evidence in case there is a problem?

My Kids school refuse to actually fill the liquid soap dispenser in the toilets, Amazing Thailand alright.

have you complained about this? i cant believe that your kids school office would tell you that they wont put liquid soap in the toilets.

school offices and admin staff are relatively helpful. they would understand that kids need soap to remove bacteria. and they should also understand that "bar soap" transfers bacteria from child to child.

if they really are as shocking as you describe, then i would take it upon myself to bring a large tub of liquid soap to the school and put it yourself into all the toilet dispensers and make a big thing of it in the office to make sure they keep topping it up.

You need to take a reality pill. This is just standard operating procedure here.... why put soap in there when the owners can make that extra few bucks a year (i'm just giving you the logic, not justifying it).

"Make a big thing of it in the office" -- have you ever tried to convince Thais to do something that seemed perfectly logical to you as a foreigner? Give it a shot sometime. Your bar soap comment is just almost too laughable.... they aren't getting any kind of soap anytime soon, believe me, bar or otherwise.... but bars would be a big improvement, so don't use that bar soap transfer argument here.

Meanwhile, this is all in a country where I assume (please correct me if i'm wrong parents, I have no idea is the truth) that kids are sticking their hand in their ass when they wipe. I mean that has to be what is done, some of the water pressure on those "cleanser" things is very low. Of course the cooks etc don't have access to soap at schools bathrooms as well. Fun fun stuff to think about, all very much true, even at the "better" schools. I think the best thing you can do here is use a lot of fish sauce smile.png

Edited by meand
  • Like 1

You need to take a reality pill. This is just standard operating procedure here.... why put soap in there when the owners can make that extra few bucks a year (i'm just giving you the logic, not justifying it).

"Make a big thing of it in the office" -- have you ever tried to convince Thais to do something that seemed perfectly logical to you as a foreigner? Give it a shot sometime. Your bar soap comment is just almost too laughable.... they aren't getting any kind of soap anytime soon, believe me, bar or otherwise.... but bars would be a big improvement, so don't use that bar soap transfer argument here.

Meanwhile, this is all in a country where I assume (please correct me if i'm wrong parents, I have no idea is the truth) that kids are sticking their hand in their ass when they wipe. I mean that has to be what is done, some of the water pressure on those "cleanser" things is very low. Of course the cooks etc don't have access to soap at schools bathrooms as well. Fun fun stuff to think about, all very much true, even at the "better" schools. I think the best thing you can do here is use a lot of fish sauce smile.png

ive been in dozens of schools and they are all as bad as each other when it comes to hygeine.

im sure there are some outstanding establishments around, but i guarantee there will be some inherent FILTH festering somewhere.

50 shades of squalor...

adn its ok cause ya know, mai pen zzzzzzzzzzrai..

Didn't I just read somewhere that Yingluck said - there is no problems at the schools."

You think those schools in the cities are bad, you should inspect a few out in the countryside. Surely this virus or whatever it is will sweep through them like Sherman through Georgia.

What is the guy in the picture spraying? It does not look like the usuall method of disinfecting some thing. Wich really all that is required in these cases, I believe.

If this is the method that is used, should all the chairs be removed from the desk tops, wich appear to be covering 75% of them.

No kidding. I wonder if Somchai was trained in spraying and mixing the chemical cocktail he's chucking out. I might be more afraid of my kids exposure to these chemicals than the virus.

is this an airborne disease?

If so why are the kids not wearing masks. Also parents need to educate their kids to put their hands over their mouths when they cough. And teaching them to use a handkerchief instead of their friends clothes to wipe their noses.

think the parents need educating 1st , hygiene is not a strong point with thais, they have no idea how germs are spread, so many times i have been had coughes and sneezes coming in my direction on public transport or in banks etc, education is definitely the key, but you have to start with the parents ! Edited by osiboy

ive been in dozens of schools and they are all as bad as each other when it comes to hygeine.

im sure there are some outstanding establishments around, but i guarantee there will be some inherent FILTH festering somewhere.

50 shades of squalor...

adn its ok cause ya know, mai pen zzzzzzzzzzrai..

Do I detect of a hint of a book review?