How To Replace Lost Thai Drivers Licence - Help Please

mikebike

So I'm out doing my morning run around and get home to find my wallet has fallen out of my pocket (I know - I'm a dumb-ass). I have already reported my lost credit and bank cards to my bank and new ones are being issued... but I have no idea of what to do regarding my lost Thai car and motorbike licences. Has anyone here had to go through the process replacing a lost Thai drivers licence? Any advise appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike,

You need to report it lost at the Police Station. You then take the written report they will give you to the licencing place (forgot the name) together with your passport (and cash of course!) and should be no probs replacing. If you can go to the same issuing place it will be easier.

The most important thing you have to get is a report from the police station on the loss of your licence. I found this easy to obtain, with the help of a Thai friend for translating purposes. Then go to the licence issuing office and they will advise you of further requirements, passport copies etc. I found the renewal process quite easy to do.

Thanks guys! I have been surfing the web since I posted and found this:

For a Lost Driving license

To replace your lost license please bring with you

• Police report of loss (required). This must be made at the police station closest to where lost your license or, if you don't know where go to the station closest to where you live.

• Passport (and 1 signed copy of ID page)

• One signed copy of Visa page in passport

• Two 1 inch photos

• Note: Available from vendors outside in the parking lot on the main road or the copy office inside the exit gate.

• Make the payment

• Sign your signature in your new driving license and receive it on the next day

The most important thing you have to get is a report from the police station on the loss of your licence. I found this easy to obtain, with the help of a Thai friend for translating purposes. Then go to the licence issuing office and they will advise you of further requirements, passport copies etc. I found the renewal process quite easy to do.

I got a replacement in Pattaya last week, exactly as this post states, you only require a Police report, which was free, and a copy of your passport.