How To Replace Lost Thai Drivers Licence - Help Please

So I'm out doing my morning run around and get home to find my wallet has fallen out of my pocket (I know - I'm a dumb-ass). I have already reported my lost credit and bank cards to my bank and new ones are being issued... but I have no idea of what to do regarding my lost Thai car and motorbike licences. Has anyone here had to go through the process replacing a lost Thai drivers licence? Any advise appreciated. Thanks in advance.

One would think you go to the licence issuing office along with your passport, as the passport number was on your driving licence. Explain and ask for new ones?

Or is this too obvious?

Edited by VocalNeal

Sorry to the mods for multiple posts of same topic. I was unsure of where to post and where I would get the best/most knowledgable response(s). Odd that the one which you have left it in is the one with no useful information and the two which were closed had useful responses.

Anyway upon reduction of my panic and further web surfing I found the following - may be of use to others in the future:

For a Lost Driving license

To replace your lost license please bring with you

• Police report of loss (required). This must be made at the police station closest to where lost your license or, if you don't know where go to the station closest to where you live.

• Passport (and 1 signed copy of ID page)

• One signed copy of Visa page in passport

• Two 1 inch photos

• Note: Available from vendors outside in the parking lot on the main road or the copy office inside the exit gate.

• Make the payment

• Sign your signature in your new driving license and receive it on the next day

When you have done all that and got your new licence, take it home and scanit into your computer.

Simple and easy and should you lose your licnce a second time just print out a copy to take to the Land Transport department remembering that the car and motorbike license are 2 separate items.

One would think you go to the licence issuing office along with your passport, as the passport number was on your driving licence. Explain and ask for new ones?

Or is this too obvious?

On the 5 year new licenses VN there's no passport number, just a number of the license and a ID number now.

Stolen, lost, same same. smile.png

http://www.thaivisa....tolen-licences/

Bit late with that link biggrin.png

Yeah !! stevie missed your post 1 - 0 to you. :D

Or is this too obvious?

On the 5 year new licenses VN there's no passport number, just a number of the license and a ID number now.

How new is new? Mine has digital photo , license number and the ID number contains my passport number. What other number would they use as we don't have ID cards?

Edited by VocalNeal

Or is this too obvious?

How new is new? Mine has digital photo , license number and the ID number contains my passport number. What other number would they use as we don't have ID cards?

You made me look again but no, just as I said and renewed it on the 3rd July 2012 got 5 years and 361 days. :D

Or is this too obvious?

You made me look again but no, just as I said and renewed it on the 3rd July 2012 got 5 years and 361 days. biggrin.png

So what did they use for an ID #?

You made me look again but no, just as I said and renewed it on the 3rd July 2012 got 5 years and 361 days. biggrin.png

ID number on motorcycle and car license is a 13 digit No. space like 0 - 0000 - 00000 - 00 - 0.

Issue date 2nd August 2006 expire date 29th June 2018 one section is all Thai below is in all English.

Edited by Kwasaki

ID number on motorcycle and car license is a 13 digit No. space like 0 - 0000 - 00000 - 00 - 0.

Issue date 2nd August 2006 expire date 29th June 2018 one section is all Thai below is in all English.

OK Mine, issued in 2008, has a 10 digit number which include an 8 digit passport number. I got 6 years. I cannot conceive what number they would use for the ID if not the passport number. That is the only ID I have so was used at the time of application.

Checked with my neighbor he got his licence on 12 July his passport number is his ID number!

Well mate I don't know what to say, I have the two 5year photo card licenses and on the back, top right has a number, a number for for the actual license, and my ID number none of which in any combination is anywhere near my passport number.

The only way I would explain it is that DLT's do things differently in many ways so maybe this is another for this area.

Having said that my Oz chum just got a motorbike license from our DLT but it is his first 1 year one and that has his passport number on.blink.pngw00t.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

Or is this too obvious?

This is Thailand.

Sorry to the mods for multiple posts of same topic. I was unsure of where to post and where I would get the best/most knowledgable response(s). Odd that the one which you have left it in is the one with no useful information and the two which were closed had useful responses.

Anyway upon reduction of my panic and further web surfing I found the following - may be of use to others in the future:

For a Lost Driving license

To replace your lost license please bring with you

• Police report of loss (required). This must be made at the police station closest to where lost your license or, if you don't know where go to the station closest to where you live.
  • Passport (and 1 signed copy of ID page)
  • One signed copy of Visa page in passport
  • Two 1 inch photos
  • Note: Available from vendors outside in the parking lot on the main road or the copy office inside the exit gate.
  • Make the payment
  • Sign your signature in your new driving license and receive it on the next day

Like I said. This is Thailand, nothing is ever simple here,

• 3 weeks later...

What a barsteward as I lost my car and bike licences at the market yesterday afternoon along with my BigC and Makro cards and all the cash I had with me at the time, 150 baht.

In my post 6 above I said that I had scanned them in to my pc and I printed them out last night so the loss is very small but inconvenient and it means that on Tuesday I will have to go 19 km to make a police report at the cost of another 20 baht and then go up to Khaempang Phet to replace them.

No big deal as I have to go up there to do a bulk shop anyway this week.

Stupid boy Pike

• 2 months later...

hey Guy´s,

I just lost my license and the police officer in pattaya Police st. soi 9 say´d to me that I need to bring Residence certificate as well with me to get the new card´s/ license´s. ???????

Any of you guy´s ever hear of that??? I mean I know when you make it the first time but never heard it in this case...

hey Guy´s,

I just lost my license and the police officer in pattaya Police st. soi 9 say´d to me that I need to bring Residence certificate as well with me to get the new card´s/ license´s. ???????

Any of you guy´s ever hear of that??? I mean I know when you make it the first time but never heard it in this case...

You never know what the officer at the DLT will ask, but normally residence certificate will NOT be required for this.

But do you really think a police officer will know these fine details?

hey Guy´s,

You never know what the officer at the DLT will ask, but normally residence certificate will NOT be required for this.

But do you really think a police officer will know these fine details?

Hey Steven,

Thanks for the reply.

Well normally I wouldn´t think the officer in the Pol. Station would know this, but that was pretty much the only thing he say´d so that´s why I decided to ask here before I would make my way to the driving school. My friend lost his wallet before, couple of months ago and he didn´t have to do the cert. but you know how they constantly change all those things here so better safe than sorry ;-)

Cheers