Is It Possible To Fly To Yangoon And Apply For A Tourist Visa

I am thinking to fly to Yangoon to apply for a Thai Tourist Visa ...

Is there a thai consulate there ?

also, is it just an overnight stay as in go in the morning and pick the passport up the next day ?

Thanks for any info ..

cheers !wai.gif

The policies for getting a Thai Visa in Yangon, Burma (Myanmar) are slightly stricter than getting a ((off topic link removed)) but the overall procedure is quite easy if you have everything prepared ahead of time.

Yangon is not the complete ideal place for just a quick visa run, but a great place to get a Thai visa if you also have plans to do some traveling or hanging out in Burma (Myanmar).

Note: You must have a booked airplane flight ticket into Thailand in order to apply for a Thai visa in Yangon, Burma (Myanmar).

Tips for Getting a Thai Visa

• It’s always handy to carry a few copies of your passport and a few passport photos. There are makeshift options for getting passport photos outside of the embassy, but these places always charge a premium (because they can).
  • Read over the list of Thai and Burmese holidays to make sure you have 2 days with no holidays (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to get a visa and completely forgot about looking at holidays – only to have to wait a few extra days).

Edited by lopburi3
Link removed as hidden and not on topic

• 4 weeks later...

I was given a 60 day double entry tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Yangon last month. Cost me $80, applied in the morning, picked up the following afternoon. I used my Australian passport on that occasion. No problem.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_918D using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Never been there but talking to someone a couple of weeks ago, they go there often, said is very straight forward, only problem is Hotels are very expensive...

Any info on Hotel prices ? easy access to Thai Embassy [6,000 baht for a 3* sound way over the top if true]

Hotels have always been expensive in YGN. About 50% above same value in Thailand. AC room minimum us17-25 dollars.

I do not know about traveling wo passport. As I recall, they wanted ours on) the bus north. The times before (early 90s ) cant recall either.

Hotels will want your pp although I dont recall them asking to see it, we copied or provided details.

Why wouldnt you want to spend five days in Yangon and go up to Pagan anyway? Whats the rush. Lovely country and people.