90 Day Reporting: Forgot To Do It

I have just realised my current 90 day reporting period expired mid-June. I am a teacher on Non-B renewed; in the four years I have been here everything relating to my visa and work permit has been in order; no previous difficulties with imigration, no overstays, no fines etc. It has always been done for me by the school where I work but there has been a change in management and it has not happened on this occasion. Usually it has been done by post and I get a new insert from the office. What is my position? Can they put me in jail? Am I liable for a fine? What should I do? If I try to do it myself what documents do I need to bring to my local immigration office? Many thanks for any help and advice.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fine is a flat 2,000 baht for late reporting (that 200 baht per day is only if you refuse to pay it appears - have never seen it applied to anyone yet).

You need to go to immigration office and pay 2,000 baht fine and file a TM.47 form (you can download or do in office - just your address and passport/entry data to fill in). They will not give you a hard time about it as long as you pay the fine.

The fine is a flat 2,000 baht for late reporting (that 200 baht per day is only if you refuse to pay it appears - have never seen it applied to anyone yet).

You need to go to immigration office and pay 2,000 baht fine and file a TM.47 form (you can download or do in office - just your address and passport/entry data to fill in). They will not give you a hard time about it as long as you pay the fine.

Thanks Lopburi & Colabamumbai; I just need to fill out a form; do I need to bring anything relating to proof of continuing employment? Thanks

sometimes you can get lucky, I saw my wife was 3 weeks late and I was 2 weeks early, went to Jomtiem asked if we could both do our report so we were on same day and the allowed us both to report and no fine but said don't do it again or B2000 fine.

Current policy is a flat 2,000 baht fine as stated and can be confirmed on national web site http://www.immigration.go.th/

Note

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

No, and actually I didn't go myself, one of our (outsourced) lawyers went. Perhaps he pulled a few strings and got it reduced. This was at the 1 Stop Visa centre in Bangkok BTW.

Also last year, around April I think, the fine was only 1,000 THB.

Edited by dantilley

There were subsequent on-time reports after the one that incurred the fine so would assume that any fishiness would have been minor enough not to have any lasting effect. Also the lawyer who did it is constantly doing visa and work permit renewals, 90-day reports, etc. for all the foreigners at my previous company so it would be in his interests not to do anything dodgy.

No receipt often means someone is pocketing the money.

If you report to late, the fine is all there is to it. Once paid it is over and done.

There is no fine or other cost (other then the cost of your lawyer) for reporting on time. Maybe it is the normal fee for your lawyer to do this.

Did my 90 day report today.

Filled out the TM47 form

Handed over Passport

Copy of front page of passport

Copy of Retirement stamp

Copy of allowed to stay and departure card

Copy of Telephone bill with name and address on it.

These are now all required at Chonburi, Jomtien Immigration, for 90 day reporting.

• Like 1

For once, Jomtien makes something more difficult than Hua Hin! Just did my 90-day report on Monday in HH. No copies of anything. Just the TM.47 Form. (Has been the same since I moved here last year spring.)

For once, Jomtien makes something more difficult than Hua Hin! Just did my 90-day report on Monday in HH. No copies of anything. Just the TM.47 Form. (Has been the same since I moved here last year spring.)

Same in Udon, no copies of anything.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the 90 day reporting requirement is monitored? I can understand that once someone has reported the first time, their name would be in computer system that the reporting office use. But what about someone that only occasionally spends more than 90 days in the country and therefore is not usually obliged to report? Is reporting automatically cross referenced to entries and exits?

The only way you can stay more than 90 days is by getting an extension of stay.

They keep track of your entries and exits but as far as I know there is no cross reference for 90 day reporting.

How a person gets caught for not doing the reports (or late) is when they go in for a report or their extension.

OK thanks Ubonjoe. One of my staff asked recently what he should do, having missed his reporting date but I didn't know what to advise. In my case though I have been on extensions for many years I have never reported because I have to travel abroad frequently and never reach 90 days in-country. What makes me curious is that in all those years of extensions I have never once been asked about my (lack of) 90 day reports.

So if indeed there is no cross checking against entries/exits the best solution, in some cases, for someone that has missed their reporting date might be to stay quiet until 90 days after their next exit/entry and then start reporting again normally. Or have I missed something?

As usual great advice on this site. Can I just add that obviuosly most members are computer literate so why not just use a flag in programs like MS Office Outlook to remind you to when to undertake this and other tasks. I mailed (EMS) my report off yesterday after such a flag raising it's head.