Where Can I Buy English Language Books On Computing & It?

osmar

Your only real choice is online or e-book.

Online from amazon works and you get your books in about 4 or 5 days, Customs are iprecharged with amazon so no surprises. Ebooks are another solution..I use my Kindle DX a lot. One problem with ebooks for computing is they do not include the CDs that come with books and often this is as valuable as the book. If you buy ebooks for IT make sure code etc is available on the website first.

An alternative is to buy the ebook and if it is available the Thai copy of it. This will include the CD that comes with the english language original.

Some of those CDs also include an English version of the book in pdf.

Edited by harrry

I was quite successful in the bookshop at base level of Big C, near the entry with the key duplicator.

The bookshop at Central Third Floor has a good selection of Thai books, but also some in English.

Woody leonhard who writes in the phuket gazette has a whole series of his own books on windows,(maybe more ,im not sure). If thats not exactly what your looking for maybe he can point you in the right direction.smile.png

I was quite successful in the bookshop at base level of Big C, near the entry with the key duplicator.

The bookshop at Central Third Floor has a good selection of Thai books, but also some in English.

Yea i'm sure i've seen a good selection of eng language books in there. B2S book store

IT or ICT is very, very large subject to learn. Please define what kind of things you are looking for and who is the audience. Adult, kid etc.

Paper books are good to get started, courses with good educators even better as those give ideas where and how to go in the start.

After that most of the up to date information can be found from the internet. Personally I do not read computer related books anymore as those are outdated the day those are printed. Then again, try read a lot of material from various sources.

I just signed in to Coursera https://www.coursera.org/ and enrolled in few classes. They offer very high quality teaching for free. Maybe this could be one thing you are looking for https://www.coursera.org/course/programming1