Any Italian Or Western Lady-Mothers In Pattaya Area?

fassirelli

Hi!

I'm italian and I will move to Pattaya in the next months with my family for my housband job and I'm looking for some informations I already spent many hours on the web to find some italian or western women living in Pattaya but I found very few old contacts.

I have a lot of doubts about where the best place to live in Pattaya area and which is the best school for my sons. Any mothers there??

I have 2 sons, 8 months and 4 years old. We're thinking about international schools. My husband will work in Amphur Pluank daeng area but we want live near the see. Maybe to far from Pattaya? Where usually live expat community near Pluank Daeng Industrial zone?

Thanks in advance for all kind of informations you will give me

Federica

Pattaya is full of expats working around the Eastern Seaboard, it's practically the only larger city in the area. Plenty of options for schools, mostly depending on your budget. I suggest you start reading up on this forum, everything you want to know has surely been discussed at length before, try the search function on the top-right of the page if you're looking for anything specific.

There are people from all nationalities here. Suggest you contact the Pattaya International Ladies Club (PILC) and you can also try posting in the Ladies in Thailand subforum here.

For an easy commute to Plauk Daeng area you would be better to live south of the city, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur or maybe Bang Saray, easy over on to 331 highway.

Edited by LennyW

For an easy commute to Plauk Daeng area you would be better to live south of the city, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur or maybe Bang Saray, easy over on to 331 highway.

???? Pluak Daeng is North East of Pattaya so much better living in East Pattaya to get on the 36 or in LaemChabang, Huay Yai would work at a push.

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

Edit: you'll also find other mothers at the school you choose.

Edited by PattayaParent

???? Pluak Daeng is North East of Pattaya so much better living in East Pattaya to get on the 36 or in LaemChabang, Huay Yai would work at a push.

I was thinking of their requirement to be near the sea too.

Meeting up with Western women/mothers will be easy once here, lots of them.

What you mean with living close to the sea? Seaview, or reacheable in lets say around 10 minutes by car?

As mentioned, east Pattaya is popular with expats due to easy access to the highways, more quiet and child friendly, cheaper ( i.e. More house/garden for your money), yet still conveniently close to the town for socializing/shopping....

To be honest, if you like the sea, Pattaya and even Jomtien will be a disapointmen!

Bang Saray etc will be much nicer, but longer commute for your husband and a fair distance to Pattaya city...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I was thinking of their requirement to be near the sea too.

My friend is moving to Huay Yai. Says it's quite close to Regents School. I believe it's one of the better schools in the area. Not cheap.

As Phil said, do a search on this sub forum. Lots of discussions like this recently....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody for yours information!

I know now that the right place where is my husband company is Ammata City.

I took now more information and I understood that in the area no too far from my husband company the see isn't so good so it isn't a value. So OK not on the see but at least in a nice area.

So the possibility I know could be:

- live in Sri Racha and choose ISE school but we will be very far from a nice see place where to go in the weekend

- live in south area I don't know where and choose The regent or S.Andrews school. Maybe Jomtien is OK to live? But I saw my husband has to drive 1+1 hours to go and come back...Not nice place to live in the middle between these schools and Ammata City??

Any suggestions?? We lived in the past in Suzhou/China and there was more easy because all was in the same area...

I saw some discussion about school but I didn't find recent post. I will try to look better.

Thanks in advance for your help

Federica

Wiggle Town is a great place to meet other expat mothers with children of similar age to yours. www.wiggle-town.com is the website and you can also look up their Facebook page where they have many other expat women who have liked their page.

Surprise!!!!!!!

Am also from Suzhou and now am in Suzhou and will be back in pattaya on aug 19!

you can go to Facebook and join "pattaya little monkey". It is a group of expat mamas.

I just joined weeks ago and already made some friends. Sure you will like it!

........before I left china, I was also familiar with the Suzhou expat lady team. Miss the good old time a lot!

My husband works in rayong and we live in 'north point'. The community is right on sea side and of very good quality. The school bus of regent school has a stop here.

It is too tough to type on iPad.......I can give you more info when I am back in Thailand. Be prepared. It is not so easy to get used to the lifestyle in pattaya. Totally differerent from normal world.....

I used to live in sip Suzhou. Do you know Tamara and ivana? Both from Italy.

Ok, talk with you later:)))))))take care!

Realistically! the best place for you to live would be by the lake in the "Pong" area, close to schools, close to Amata City - but then at the end of the day we all tend to be a little unrealistic - Good Luck :)