14 Confirmed Dead After Shooting At Batman Movie Premiere In Denver: Police

webfact

I know it is probably impossible in this day and age, but i wish the media would take a step back and reduce their coverage of events like this.

I agree with this, but mostly because it is just so boring. Another psycho killed a bunch of innocent people. Why spend hours and hours belaboring every tiny detail.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it is probably impossible in this day and age, but i wish the media would take a step back and reduce their coverage of events like this.

I agree with this, but mostly because it is just so boring. Another psycho killed a bunch of innocent people. Why spend hours and hours belaboring every tiny detail.

Boring? Orange haired Joker Boy boring? Not sure what planet you are from but the story is massively interesting.

Boring? Orange haired Joker Boy boring? Not sure what planet you are from but the story is massively interesting.

I too find the endless repetitive analysis by self appointed 'experts' on the news media boring, some of it is just sensationalism for its own sake. But i suspect that some sad inadequates who crave attention find it tremendously exciting. Who knows what ideas it might put in their warped little minds. I am sure there are a few who see this guys picture on their TV screens 24-7, now see him as some kind of famous person, a star. And possibly crave some of the same action, a chance to grab their 15 minutes. True psychopaths have no insight at all as to what is right or wrong.
  • Like 1

I know it is probably impossible in this day and age, but i wish the media would take a step back and reduce their coverage of events like this. There are probably more than a few potential copycats out there, inadequates living pointless lives looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Watching Fox News over the past 48 hours,( i'm sure they are not the only ones), it seems like there is endless rolling coverage, endless in depth discussions with talking heads going over and over the events, all the time with a picture of the perpetrator on screen. This is what some of these lunatics crave, the chance to be famous as they see it. This surely could encourage a copycat to do something similar. Maybe after the initial coverage, move on and only report what is necessary and relevant to the inquiry, thereby depriving any copycat lunatics of a major part of their motive.

There's a video circulating around saying just that. It includes a psychologists saying the way to limit these in the future is to stop plastering the event & name of killer all over the news. But where is the advert revenue in being that responsible?

Yeah, a few years back the small, southern US town I grew up in had a rash of teen suicides. I think they ended up with 8 kids that killed themselves over a few weeks time. The first one resulted in a great outpouring of grief and publicity and that seemed to trigger a wave.

Of course it's news but it just seems like the media would try ... I mean at least try, to find a way to report these cases without sensationalizing them and setting up the potential for copycats.

• 7 months later...

Yes, the IS about gun control and why it isn't possible. Like I said: the U.S. has become dysfunctional.

Sensationalism

The US has over 300 million citizens

Sensationalize a nut job & call 300 million dysfunctional?

Your idea of Gun Control is like demanding AID's control

The genie is out of the bottle

You may punish people for committing a crime with a gun, a knife, a barrel of fertilizer..take your pick

Ban each one & then the next & the next & the next

Because no matter what you *think*....You cannot remove every device from the face of the earth or the US in this case.

You CAN enforce laws against nut jobs though.

You CAN kill them & let those who may follow know what their punishment will be for such acts.

You may be interested in looking at where the largest delivery of illegal arms recently came from & where they went.

I believe it involved your favorite Presidents side kick Eric Holder

Yes, the IS about gun control and why it isn't possible. Like I said: the U.S. has become dysfunctional.

Sensationalism

The US has over 300 million citizens

Sensationalize a nut job & call 300 million dysfunctional?

Your idea of Gun Control is like demanding AID's control

The genie is out of the bottle

You may punish people for committing a crime with a gun, a knife, a barrel of fertilizer..take your pick

Ban each one & then the next & the next & the next

Because no matter what you *think*....You cannot remove every device from the face of the earth or the US in this case.

You CAN enforce laws against nut jobs though.

You CAN kill them & let those who may follow know what their punishment will be for such acts.

You may be interested in looking at where the largest delivery of illegal arms recently came from & where they went.

I believe it involved your favorite Presidents side kick Eric Holder

You have no idea what you are talking about, go away!

First thing to do is square Thailand's phenomenally higher rate of gun crime as compared to the USA and Thailand's relatively restrictive gun policies.

I get the impression that some people get their concept of the US from TV and movies. Try making a visit once and get out of the big cities where they have the most restrictive gun policies and higher crime rates and instead spend some time in the much safer, gun friendly rural areas.

I'm about to drive over 2,000 miles through some of the most gun laden parts of the country and I can't wait. People are so much nicer out there.

• Like 1

First thing to do is square Thailand's phenomenally higher rate of gun crime as compared to the USA and Thailand's relatively restrictive gun policies.

I get the impression that some people get their concept of the US from TV and movies. Try making a visit once and get out of the big cities where they have the most restrictive gun policies and higher crime rates and instead spend some time in the much safer, gun friendly rural areas.

I'm about to drive over 2,000 miles through some of the most gun laden parts of the country and I can't wait. People are so much nicer out there.

Yep, good wholesome people like this fine gentleman from Montana that stock piled assault weapons and armor piercing bullets, waterboarded his young children as a learning experience and broke his girlfriend's arm when she tried to stop him.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=18714557&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dpleads%2Bguilty%2Bwaterboarding%2Bchildren%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari

Here is picture of that fine specimen of a man. What's up with the teeth of these survivalists dudes. They are either tooth optional or can eat corn through a chain link fence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251887/Father-charged-waterboarding-children-claims-learning-experience.html

Edited by F430murci