Calculation Of Pension Value Ref 800000 Surety

Sorry but don't understand your question.

You get a letter from your bank that states you have at least 800,000 Baht balance.

If you are asking about the 65,000 monthly income Immigration will use the exchange rate of the day.

Really a bit difficult to understand the question.

Also Thai arithmetice is not for everyone :>)

12*65000 = 780000, so gives you a 20000 Baht advantage compared to the "800k only" method.

Rumour is: they use a Bangkok Bang exchange rate (guess its the TT rate).

But this is rumour only,

And don't forget: if you fall short, it is possible to combine pension and some funds in the Thai bank account to reach 800k annualy.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Presumably you are referring to an income statement notarised at your embassy, stating that your out-of-Thailand pension/earnings are a certain amount.

Just knock up the statement in whatever format your embassy requires (aussies use a Statutory Declaration form, the embassy can email a blank). On this you write what your annual income is, and then convert this to Thai baht (use the thaivisa.com exchange rate calculator). Get this notarised at your embassy within a couple of days of applying for the visa/extension. I can't see how this would present a problem, unless you are skating on very thin ice eg. have 400kB in bank, income = 410kB.

I think the OP refers to the combined method.

In that case the yearly income plus the money in the bank in Thailand must together at least be 800,000 baht. The pension from abroad must be certified by your embassy and state the income in your countries currency. Immigration will calculate the daily exchange rate.

I think the OP refers to the combined method.

In that case the yearly income plus the money in the bank in Thailand must together at least be 800,000 baht. The pension from abroad must be certified by your embassy and state the income in your countries currency. Immigration will calculate the daily exchange rate.

I knew that someone out there was well informed, thanks to both