Batman Movie Director Nolan Expresses Shock At Theater Massacre

News_Editor

My questions to the esteem director would be...

"If you direct a film with unlimited violence, killing and other macabre incidents, how can you possibly not take some blame for your actions? The film is going out to a general public that is filled with unbalanced people that are capable of doing the sort of things you portray in your movies yet anybody can pay the fare and watch them. Why would you not be intelligent enough to realize your films are simply setting the background or planting ideas in the minds of unbalanced viewers for similar or even worse incidents such as this to occur?"

Hollywood yet again washes their hands of the entire problem and takes no responsibility for their own actions.

Spot on.

Supermarkets in the UK even stock that Hostel series of macabre evil.

Sick products of sick minds creating sick societies.

Supermarkets also stock knives,rat poison and various other items to kill and mutilate maybe they should remove those too.

Need I remind you that sick murders and torture have been going on since way before the movies.

How many hostel movies do you think hitler watched before killing millions or maybe the roman empire nipped down to Tesco for the idiots guide to lion feeding.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you direct a film with unlimited violence, killing and other macabre incidents, how can you possibly not take some blame for your actions? The film is going out to a general public that is filled with unbalanced people that are capable of doing the sort of things you portray in your movies yet anybody can pay the fare and watch them. Why would you not be intelligent enough to realize your films are simply setting the background or planting ideas in the minds of unbalanced viewers for similar or even worse incidents such as this to occur?"

Hollywood yet again washes their hands of the entire problem and takes no responsibility for their own actions.

Spot on.

Supermarkets also stock knives,rat poison and various other items to kill and mutilate maybe they should remove those too.

Need I remind you that sick murders and torture have been going on since way before the movies.

How many hostel movies do you think hitler watched before killing millions or maybe the roman empire nipped down to Tesco for the idiots guide to lion feeding.

Are such movies necessary? Do they contribute in a positive way, considering kids often see this stuff? I don't think so.

Spot on.

Are such movies necessary? Do they contribute in a positive way, considering kids often see this stuff? I don't think so.

Whether they are necessary or not is not the argument here. Besides many things are not necessary like for instance the Internet yet your still happy to use it arnt you ?

Far more evil on the net than was ever in a movie. If you feel so strongly about it give up your net access and sell your tv. Out of curiosity how do you know what's in the hostel movies? Did you watch them or any other violent movies. Was it necessary that you watch any film or tv show you ever watched, no but you watched anyway. Now tell me are you a murdering psycho?

The Dark Knight Movie Massacre & Why I Carry a Gun Everywhere I Go

The Aurora Dark Knight Massacre is exactly why I carry at least one gun everywhere I go—because crap always happens when you least expect it. That’s why, as responsible citizens and gun owners, we must always be ready and must always expect it because when it happens, it happens fast; if you’re not ready, you and others are screwed.

For instance, it’s a beautiful and quiet day on Miami Beach this morning. I’m drinking my coffee at an outdoor cafe, minding my own business while I work on this column and on my website. I don’t see any bath salt zombies on the prowl. There are no Trench Coat Mafia wannabes lurking around. There is no real foreseeable reason to carry a weapon. But I am. The reason? Well, I’m not omniscient. I’m just a dumb clunk living in a jacked-up world where med school students go bat crap crazy and shoot up normally peaceful places for inexplicable reasons. Therefore, I’m locked, cocked and ready to rock should some demented dill weed decide to strafe the local patrons sipping a cup of Joe.

http://townhall.com/columnists/douggiles/2012/07/22/the_dark_knight_movie_massacre__why_i_carry_a_gun_everywhere_i_go/page/full/

Yes that makes perfect sense

A guy walks into a cinema and starts shooting and you think the solution is to whip out a gun in a panicked dark environment and start shooting back.

I rest my case

I know. Billy Bob and his pistol, choking on tear gas nonetheless, against dude in full body armor with Assault Rifle that has 100 round clip.

This is not the old West for Christ sakes and I don't want my kids caught in the cross fire of drunk gun toting red necks who decide to shoot it out at an outdoor concert or get in hit cross fire by whacked out vigilantes who also have no business carrying a gun in public.

Edited by ttelise

The Aurora Dark Knight Massacre is exactly why I carry at least one gun everywhere I go—because crap always happens when you least expect it. That's why, as responsible citizens and gun owners, we must always be ready and must always expect it because when it happens, it happens fast; if you're not ready, you and others are screwed.

For instance, it's a beautiful and quiet day on Miami Beach this morning. I'm drinking my coffee at an outdoor cafe, minding my own business while I work on this column and on my website. I don't see any bath salt zombies on the prowl. There are no Trench Coat Mafia wannabes lurking around. There is no real foreseeable reason to carry a weapon. But I am. The reason? Well, I'm not omniscient. I'm just a dumb clunk living in a jacked-up world where med school students go bat crap crazy and shoot up normally peaceful places for inexplicable reasons. Therefore, I'm locked, cocked and ready to rock should some demented dill weed decide to strafe the local patrons sipping a cup of Joe.

http://townhall.com/...i_go/page/full/

A guy walks into a cinema and starts shooting and you think the solution is to whip out a gun in a panicked dark environment and start shooting back.

I rest my case

I know. Billy Bob and his pistol, choking on tear gas nonetheless, against dude in full body armor with Assault Rifle that has 100 round clip.

This is not the old West for Christ sakes and I don't want my kids caught in the cross fire of drunk gun toting red necks who decide to shoot it out at an outdoor concert or get in hit cross fire by whacked out vigilantes who also have no business carrying a gun in public.

I guarantee everyone of those people in the cinema wishes there was some "Billy Bob" there with his pistol to shoot back.

The Aurora Dark Knight Massacre is exactly why I carry at least one gun everywhere I go—because crap always happens when you least expect it. That's why, as responsible citizens and gun owners, we must always be ready and must always expect it because when it happens, it happens fast; if you're not ready, you and others are screwed.

For instance, it's a beautiful and quiet day on Miami Beach this morning. I'm drinking my coffee at an outdoor cafe, minding my own business while I work on this column and on my website. I don't see any bath salt zombies on the prowl. There are no Trench Coat Mafia wannabes lurking around. There is no real foreseeable reason to carry a weapon. But I am. The reason? Well, I'm not omniscient. I'm just a dumb clunk living in a jacked-up world where med school students go bat crap crazy and shoot up normally peaceful places for inexplicable reasons. Therefore, I'm locked, cocked and ready to rock should some demented dill weed decide to strafe the local patrons sipping a cup of Joe.

I rest my case

I guarantee everyone of those people in the cinema wishes there was some "Billy Bob" there with his pistol to shoot back.

Hard to wish when your dead which is what more would have been if you pulled out your gun and tried to shoot him. Or is every American with a gun a master marksman in the dark while sucking tear gas. Sorry but you prove my point in every way possible.

The "assault rifle that has a 100 baht clip" jammed and one shot in the head would have ended Holme's slaughter.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There is the risk that there are 23 other "Billy Bobs" and non of them identifies the others as good guy Billy Bobs but might think the others want start an evil shooting spree and are going to man stop the other Billy Bobs.

I rest my case

Given the choice, I bet they would prefer this guy to not have been able to buy any weapons much less an assault rifle over have Billiy Bob packing a pistol in the audience. The fact is no weapons will be going into Theatres and they will probably start using metal detectors soon so dude busting in back door could do it again. They cannot lock back door.

Even if Billy Bob had a pistol and could take this guy on, this guy was going to take out a few first so not matter if Billy Bob had a gun if you one if the first few taken out.

The "assault rifle that has a 100 baht clip" jammed and one shot in the head would have ended Holme's slaughter.

I don't think it jammed. One witness said he thought that, but every one I have heard give interviews say he shot for about a minute and then reloaded and started shooting again with assault rifle. Two witnesses said they looked up and saw him reload and start shooting again because they were thinking about making a dash for it, but couldn't.

He shot 70 people, many more than once. One even in an adjacent theatre. Cannot do that with a pistol.

Even trained police officers get pinned down when up against assault rifles and dudes wearing body armor. Unless Billy Bob was a Ranger or special force type of dude, he would have just been meat and orphanned his children trying to take this guy in with smoke/tear gas.

My Grand Father, Great Uncles, dad and uncle all collect guns/cannons/swords and etc. and I have hunted since I was very young. Got my first .22 in first grade and a 20 gauge in 4th grade. I am not against guns for hunting and use out in the field. I am against dumb <deleted> carrying pistols in public when 99 % of them cannot shoot or handle a gun and are liable to go off half cocked when a situation arises. There is also absolutely no need for assault rifles.

Edited by ttelise

The Aurora Dark Knight Massacre is exactly why I carry at least one gun everywhere I go—because crap always happens when you least expect it. That’s why, as responsible citizens and gun owners, we must always be ready and must always expect it because when it happens, it happens fast; if you’re not ready, you and others are screwed.

For instance, it’s a beautiful and quiet day on Miami Beach this morning. I’m drinking my coffee at an outdoor cafe, minding my own business while I work on this column and on my website. I don’t see any bath salt zombies on the prowl. There are no Trench Coat Mafia wannabes lurking around. There is no real foreseeable reason to carry a weapon. But I am. The reason? Well, I’m not omniscient. I’m just a dumb clunk living in a jacked-up world where med school students go bat crap crazy and shoot up normally peaceful places for inexplicable reasons. Therefore, I’m locked, cocked and ready to rock should some demented dill weed decide to strafe the local patrons sipping a cup of Joe.

Are there people out there that really think like this?

Do not under any circumstances allow them to breed.

They cannot lock back door.

Yes they can. It can be locked so that someone can leave the theatre, but no one can enter that way.

They do that now. They cannot lock it from inside is what I am saying. This guy exited and jimmied the door so it would not lock and came back in through it. Some one could also let another in if wanting to pull a Columbine type if incident.

The point is, they cannot keep someone from using that fire exit door again unless an armed guard is sitting next to it and I can promise that even with carry permits no guns will be goingi nto Theatres so the reality is this can happen again provided pyschos and any one even with a record can buy assault rifles in the US.

Edited by ttelise

I don't think it jammed.

"Lives saved when Batman movie killer's gun jammed" http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/lives-saved-when-batman-movie-killers-gun-jammed/story-fnd134gw-1226432417627

Law enforcement has the rifle and it was jammed. Someone with a pistol could have put the shooter down.

As for the exit door, an alarm that goes off when it does not close completely would settle that very easily.

I don't think it jammed.

"Lives saved when Batman movie killer's gun jammed" http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/lives-saved-when-batman-movie-killers-gun-jammed/story-fnd134gw-1226432417627

Law enforcement has the rifle and it was jammed. Someone with a pistol could have put the shooter down.

As for the exit door, an alarm that goes off when it does not close completely would settle that very easily.

It apparently jammed after 100 rounds from first clip and how many in next clip so Billy Bib may have gotten shot off after 70 others shot.

Still, the reality is that Movie Theatres are not going to allow guns so there won't be a whole bunch if Bully Bobs to take the law into their own hands. So the reality is that this could happen again as long as Assault weapons and etc are sold to psychos.

One can play what ifs until the turn blue, pass out and die, but it won't change the reality that our streets are turning into urban warfare because every now has guns, gets drunk or wired and starts shooting when someone looks at their girl wrong.

Edited by ttelise

I don't think it jammed.

Not sure about alarms. Thought about that before as some may already have when you open. That still not going stop someone wanting to do this and he could easily have someone let him in.

After this, those doors are going to slam shut and have alarms. Right now, a lot of people exit those doors after a movie. My oh my how allowing assault weapons on the streets makes everything mire difficult and expensive. I am sure ticket prices will go up to cover new security measures. All so guys can feel macho packing their pistols and buying their assault rifles to shoot trees.

Did the suspect have a mental health problem and no one noticed it?

Was the incident politically motivated?

Suspect could buy on line 6000 rounds of ammunition and weapons at a gun shop without anyone becoming suspicious?

Aren't you exaggerating just a little bit? whistling.gif The biggest problem with guns is gangs and other criminals who will carry them whether they are outlawed, or not.

Yep, and gangs can go buy assault rifles and body armor even igniter are convicted felons. No use in arguing. I won't change my mind and you won't change yours. It's just my right to have a gun no matter at what costs. Just more selfish US entitlement bs that the vast majority of free thinking Americans do not buy into.

Go to gun shows and these NRA get togethers/blast-a-thons and see what segment of society this represents. SHOES and TEETH optional crowd. Nuf said.

Too bad so much lobbying power and very active voters to keep "THIER" right meanwhile this same segment thinks us also THIER right to tell women what they can and can not do with their own bodies.

Actually, I am undecided about gun control. I just don't like your arguments. tongue.png

Haha, I don't like them either. I am usually for freedoms and hate that our freedoms are constantly being eroded especially since Bush Jr. I lived in cities such as LA, Atlanta and Memphis, the last being an absolute war zone. Everyone has guns and it serves me zero to carry a gun as I would hesitate to use it against another human being and end up getting shot by those that don't hesitate.

Gun control laws will not deter bad guys from getting them. They will get them and use them as they wish so all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about gun control laws is simply depriving responsible citizens from self protection. Illinois has some of the strongest gun control laws on the books. Read the news out of Chicago each weekend and see how many gang members and innocents have been gunned down.

If, as so many of you seem to believe, the movie had nothing to do with this nut case, why is the media calling it the "Dark Knight Rises incident"? Why not the "Aurora cinema incident"? You may give Hollywood a pass on this. I choose not to.

Remember this...Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

Here is a link you might find interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFWoZQo8SY

and a few more links to bring you up to date:

Trip wires, Batman items found in theater shooting suspect's home

http://www.latimes.c...0,5256563.story

Holmes’ Gun Club Membership Rejected Over ‘Bizarre’ Behavior

http://denver.cbsloc...zarre-behavior/

• Like 1

If violent movies/video games/comics were to blame, I would make this latest nut look like Donald Duck. From Sam Peckinpah to the Grand Theft Auto game series to the 7000+ comic book collection my brother and I had, I've been "ingesting" violence since long before this nut was born and I've never felt the urge to kill random people.

If guns were to blame, there would be several of these mass shootings every afternoon across the USA. We have so many licensed hunters in some states they would outnumber the Chinese Army. And that's just the hunters. Google it.

If you feel the need to lay blame, blame the crazy murderers themselves. Don't blame his mother or father, lots of people have less than an ideal home life and don't murder people. Don't blame the girl who dumped him or the boss who fired him - obviously they were on to something.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

If violent movies/video games/comics were to blame, I would make this latest nut look like Donald Duck. From Sam Peckinpah to the Grand Theft Auto game series to the 7000+ comic book collection my brother and I had, I've been "ingesting" violence since long before this nut was born and I've never felt the urge to kill random people.

If guns were to blame, there would be several of these mass shootings every afternoon across the USA. We have so many licensed hunters in some states they would outnumber the Chinese Army. And that's just the hunters. Google it.

If you feel the need to lay blame, blame the crazy murderers themselves. Don't blame his mother or father, lots of people have less than an ideal home life and don't murder people. Don't blame the girl who dumped him or the boss who fired him - obviously they were on to something.

You still gotta blame the guns. An idiot without a gun is just an idiot. An idiot with one is dangerous idiot.

It is certainly refreshing to know so many members have decided to give Hollywood and movie makers a free pass on this.

Thankfully the police will continue doing their jobs.

3 arrested in separate 'Dark Knight' incidents

By The Associated Press | Associated Press – 10 mins ago

At least 3 men accused of making threats during or after watching the new Batman movie have been arrested in separate incidents, underscoring moviegoers' anxieties and heightened security in the wake of a deadly mass shooting at a Colorado theater showing the film.

A Maine man was arrested when he told authorities that he was on his way to shoot a former employer a day after watching "The Dark Knight Rises," Maine state police said Monday.

Timothy Courtois of Biddeford, Maine, had been stopped for speeding, and a police search of his car found an AK-47 assault weapon, four handguns, ammunition and news clippings about the mass shooting that left 12 people dead early Friday, authorities said.

http://news.yahoo.co...-080930278.html

And this just hot off the presses. The first of many perhaps?

JAMES HOLMES MASSACRE

FIRST LAWSUIT

EXCLUSIVE

One of the victims in the James Holmes mass murder spree has lawyered up and plans to file a lawsuit ... because he feels the theater dropped the ball in a very fatal way.

Torrence Brown, Jr. was in Century 16 Theater when Holmes let loose. One of Brown's best friends, A.J. Boik, was shot in the chest and died. Brown, who was not physically injured, claims to now suffer from extreme trauma.

Brown has hired attorney Donald Karpel to rep him. Karpel tells TMZ ... he is targeting 3 defendants.

from the article...

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Edited by chuckd

An editorial out today. Not everybody is enamoured by Hollywood.

HURT: An open letter to Christopher Nolan, Sean Penn and Warner Brothers

http://www.washingto...e=all#pagebreak

Non Americans should understand that the Washington Times is considered a total joke of a newspaper in it's hometown, Washington D.C. It was started by the far right wing Unification Church (known as the Moonies) during the Reagan era so that there would be a right wing press voice in the capital. The Washington Times obviously has a pro NRA agenda in keeping with its rigid ideology, and going after the Hollywood culture (liberal, largely secular and Jewish, democratic, pro-Obama, pro gun control but not onscreen, pro gay equality) fits perfectly for them to deflect the small bit of attention focused on gun control after the massacre. Edited by Jingthing

An editorial out today. Not everybody is enamoured by Hollywood.

HURT: An open letter to Christopher Nolan, Sean Penn and Warner Brothers

http://www.washingto...e=all#pagebreak

Non Americans should understand that the Washington Times is considered a total joke of a newspaper in it's hometown, Washington D.C. It was started by the far right wing Unification Church (known as the Moonies) during the Reagan era so that there would be a right wing press voice in the capital. The Washington Times obviously has a pro NRA agenda in keeping with its rigid ideology, and going after the Hollywood culture (liberal, largely secular and Jewish, democratic, pro-Obama, pro gun control but not onscreen, pro gay equality) fits perfectly for them to deflect the small bit of attention focused on gun control after the massacre.

Non Americans should also understand that the vast majority of the main stream media is for gun control and Obama, not necessarily in that order.

The Washington Post is one liberal rag that is often quoted in this forum. It is usually quoted as FACT, while my post is clearly marked as an EDITORIAL.

I clearly marked mine as an opinion piece.

Like it or not...up to you.