Any Able Iphone 4 Users Out There?

russianrobert

I've got a problem which has just started recently.

In Calendars/Events how to set Start/End times so they always appear in local times? I travel quite a bit and when i change my time zone Event times change. How to rectify this?

I've asked my question on several dedicated iphone forums but haven't had an answer yet.

Cheers for any help

When you enter the time of your calendar event you can change the time zone for your entry, that's it.

And of course you will see the event in your calendar with a changed time (according where you are) but the stored event is still in the original time setting. see pictures

post-32-0-65436700-1343004372_thumb.png

post-32-0-93408300-1343004392_thumb.png

post-32-0-58734300-1343004584_thumb.png

Edited by beach

I don't get it. If i add an appointment to Events say, a meeting in Bangkok while i'm in London. Of course it's local time. Why is there any need to change the time according to where i am? Just leave the time i enter alone!!

Now, when i check my calendar all my meeting times outside of Thailand have changed to Thai time. What is the point in that? Why do i need the time of a meeting in Riyadh to be displayed in Thai time while i'm Thailand? Why is that useful to anyone?

Edited by russianrobert

I don't get it. If i add an appointment to Events say, a meeting in Bangkok while i'm in London. Of course it's local time. Why is there any need to change the time according to where i am? Just leave the time i enter alone!!

Now, when i check my calendar all my meeting times outside of Thailand have changed to Thai time. What is the point in that? Why do i need the time of a meeting in Riyadh to be displayed in Thai time while i'm Thailand? Why is that useful to anyone?

Obviously iOS change all events according to the place you are. It does store the time zone with the event but does not ignore the time change when switching the time zone. Probably a design fault in one way. Meaning an event should show the time zone when event is in another time zone and keep the original time.