How Much Will The Water Bill Be For 1 Studio Apartment For 1 Person ?

duiter

How long is a piece of string? Many variables here, what does the landlord charge per cu mtr? Where in Thailand is the condo? How much water are you going to use? Two showers a day or just one? Do you have a washing machine? All of the above will affect your water bill.

It depends on whether the condo makes a mark-up on it.

To give you an idea, I have a four bedroomed house and my bill has never been more than 200 baht, previously I used to get it free (paying direct to the water authority) because I was classed as um! poor!

But the condo management may screw you over so you should ask what you pay per Cubic Meter.

In the apartment block I run we charge B17/unit (B15-17 is normal in apartment blocks).

A single man living alone and working (with some visitors) tends to use 2-3 units per month (B34-51).

A single man living along and working from home (with some visitors) tends to use 5-6 units per month (B85-102).

Cooking and washing up adds another 2-3 units per month.

• Like 1

Water bill of Baht 15-17 per unit is normal - which should add up to no more than 120 baht per month.

The real problem with overcharging is with Electricity - when you feel you get the bill per El. Co. charge. But what actually is happening in some larger Condos also catering to short-stay visitors:

The meter connection of 1-2 units of shortstay units is connected to the meter of one LongStay Renter unit. Therefore the long-stay Renter is subsidizing the shortstay units (and your bill can fluctuate wildly). Shortstay guests of less than 2 months do not typically get charged for Utilities - the rental is all-inclusive.

Edited by Parvis
  • Like 1

My bill for a 3 bedroom,3 ensuite and extra toilet and 16Kg washing machine is about 170 baht a month. If it was double or triple this it would still be very cheap. Water bills IMO are very low on worry scale if less than 1000 baht a month.

My suggestion so you dont have to pay any bill....get them to disconnect the supply and bill will be precisely THB 0/m

You can stand on your balcony and shower in the rain, collect rain water from the roof and cook, wash your clothes with this and even drink it if it takes your fancy

Water bills in Thailand are typically so low, they dont even appear on the radar in the monthly bills

Edited by Soutpeel