Eliminate Ants Forever

TongueThaied

Thanks gonna nip over too phit lok next month anyway, and to help the OP

If you ever get ants in your pants again, use icing sugar and rub it on your balls, in doesn't kill them, it rots thier teeth, at least you get a good nights sleep.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no "for ever" regarding ants

Ants have been on earth before and will be after men

Ants are not your enemies

You don't need to kill them, just relocate them by giving them food somewhere else

spoken like someone who has never been bit on the junk.

while your theory is admirable, i would like to point out there is no food in my bathroom, and never has been.

however the ants do return annually.

They seem to be attracted to thee water, and there is no moving that.

Edited by nocturn

You don't need to kill them, just relocate them by giving them food somewhere else

while your theory is admirable, i would like to point out there is no food in my bathroom, and never has been.

give them food (little pile of sugar) that you move slowly every now an then toward wherever you want to direct them

And don't forget to keep bringing the sugar or they come back :)

Edited by aneliane

Rumour has it that aneliane does not have any 'junk'.

The ant problem seems worse than ever in my home this year.

I too have tried in vain to locate borax in the past to no avail. Thanks for the useful posts here, maybe I will have better luck now.

We are getting loads of the very small ants at the mo, bloody nuisance! It's been raining and yet they still come into the house and invade my kettle. Just love boiled ants in my morning cup of tea.

give them food (little pile of sugar) that you move slowly every now an then toward wherever you want to direct them

And don't forget to keep bringing the sugar or they come back smile.png

Most ants are totally uninterested in sugar.

You are not aware that Ants like Toothpaste then? I can assure you they love it and that's why they are in the bathroom. Still; at least your Ants have well protected molars !

• Like 1

I lived in a house in the US where I just couldn't get rid of the little b_stards.

I tried a lot of different products that supposedly they would carry back to the queen and thus destroy the whole colony. Never happened. If there was any effectiveness at all it was probably someone had the idea that the stuff would fatten the ants up such that they'd die of complications due to obesity.

One night had a snack before bed, the remains of a steak, without thinking left the bone and fat on the kitchen counter. Next morning I found the plate was completely black, as if painted, covered with them. I made up a boric acid and melted fat mixture, left it out as bait. They wouldn't touch it. These guys never showed an interest in my sugar bowl, or other sweets.

Anyone ever encounter the red ants in Cambodia? I was attacked by them once. I was walking through a garden and suddenly they were leaping off the trunk of a tree and onto me! <deleted>? And they gave a nasty bite! They had a trail that crossed the footpath, and I think I stepped on the trail so I was attacked in defense.

Most ants are totally uninterested in sugar.

Mine are:)

What you do is get an old jam jar

pierce the lid

put some sugar inside

they will soon come ;)

I live in a Thai wooden house, very easy for creepy crawlies

when I arrived the owner had left all sorts of cans of pesticides. The ants were still there.

Since I did the sugar stuffs they are in the garden :)

Is borax safe to use around houses that have kids and pets living there?

Mix together equal parts Borax and either syrup or jelly. Then, place where the ants will find it.

Once consumed, Borax damages both the ants' digestive systems and their outer skeletons, resulting in death.

Borax needs to be stored carefully because it is toxic if ingested. While this may be unlikely to happen, even by accident, anyone using it should be aware because of the dangers of very young children playing with it.Even as little as a teaspoonful could prove fatal if swallowed by a young child. For this reason, be very careful if using it anywhere near food and wipe up spills immediately. (See below for safety advice when using borax.)

There is a slight hazard of contamination through skin contact. It may cause irritation and redness from prolonged contact. If you have any cuts or abrasions on your hands you should use rubber gloves when handling it or using it in solution.

From Here

Rumour has it that aneliane does not have any 'junk'.

my point exactly.

though im sure one of those tiny red ants could knock her little man right out of his boat.

she would be pro-chandrite in no time

Yes I need this, I bought these yellow ant pellet things you buy in Home Pro. There is a little ant nest in the part of a closed backyard we dont use. They came after the floods and they really piss me off as there in the house.

I sit down watching TV having a nice glass of coke, I put my glass down for 10 minutes and there is ants trying to get in there.

I saw the borax method on youtube a few months ago but could not find any here.

lol at the ants in your underpants.

I take it the pellets didn't work?

Only for ants big enough to carry them to their nests. It doesn't work with the small ants and these are the peskiest of all.

Why doesn't someone tell an expat market like Villa that there IS a demand for Borax in retail stores in Thailand? It's weird that basic and very useful product like Borax is so hard to buy here.

Do us a favour and tell them next time you're down there.

Yes I need this, I bought these yellow ant pellet things you buy in Home Pro. There is a little ant nest in the part of a closed backyard we dont use. They came after the floods and they really piss me off as there in the house.

I sit down watching TV having a nice glass of coke, I put my glass down for 10 minutes and there is ants trying to get in there.

I saw the borax method on youtube a few months ago but could not find any here.

lol at the ants in your underpants.

I take it the pellets didn't work?

Only for ants big enough to carry them to their nests. It doesn't work with the small ants and these are the peskiest of all.

outside the box i know, but did you try crushing the pellets?

It's not always about food. Read the OP - he's had damage caused by ants all over the house. I've had a brand new Sony laptop invaded by ants which made a nest out of it. That's nothing to do with food but it makes them my enemy.

It doesn't work feeding them. You'll end up with more ants in your house... which I thought would be pretty obvious. When you see the odd ant here and there you're looking at scouts. You feed them - you'll end up bringing in the whole nest.

Edited by tropo

It doesn't work feeding them. You'll end up with more ants in your house... which I thought would be pretty obvious. When you see the odd ant here and there you're looking at scouts. You feed them - you'll end up bringing in the whole nest.

Did you ask them nicely ? biggrin.png

I actually prefer the roaches to ants. little buggers get into everything

I'll take ants over roaches any day.

I keep an ashtray full of roaches on my desk. I'll take roaches over ants any day. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

After leaving the house empty for 6 months we got back to find white ants in the kitchen and hall and a bedroom . Apart from a few books and papers the wee workers had gotten a start on my LP collection . They got into some reggie dub , ska , prog rock , a bit of Gary Glitter , Deep Purple , Alain Stivell and Ian Dury . They seemed averse to Parisian Accordian Melody , 90's Scottish punks Sedition , Les Paul 78's and anything by guys who played Mosrite guitars . We have chipped away the nests and tunnels but I have a feeling they will be back for the encore .

• Like 1