Where Did You Meet Your Wife ?

MrsMills

Why is it that if someone says they met in a bar it is treated as a nudge, nudge, wink, wink remark. But if you are in Farangland and you met you farang partner in a bar it is ok.

For those of you that met your wives in bars, normal drinking establishments, how do you answer this question without adding, 'but she wasn't a hooker'. Connotations, connotations.

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that if someone says they met in a bar it is treated as a nudge, nudge, wink, wink remark. But if you are in Farangland and you met you farang partner in a bar it is ok.

For those of you that met your wives in bars, normal drinking establishments, how do you answer this question without adding, 'but she wasn't a hooker'. Connotations, connotations.

Perhaps UK bars are different. Farang land guys and gals go to bars, normal stuff, but it seems that perhaps nice Thai gals don't go to bars . smile.png
  • Like 1

Perhaps UK bars are different. Farang land guys and gals go to bars, normal stuff, but it seems that perhaps nice Thai gals don't go to bars . smile.png

do they go to the pub?

do they go to the pub?

I hope so. smile.png

This is correct. All Thailand Experts will agree with your comments.

When I told my wife western women commonly have sex with men they meet in bars and clubs for free, she said "what's wrong with them .... do they value themselves so little"

Well I though it was amusing.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

This is correct. All Thailand Experts will agree with your comments.

Absolutely thumbsup.giflaugh.png

When I told my wife western women commonly have sex with men they meet in bars and clubs for free, she said "what's wrong with them .... do they value themselves so little"

"No free sex". You hear it all the time on the dating sites. Then the line " I dont like sex " its no wonder when they consider it a transaction rather than fun. go figure.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr

In my experience Thai woman also do this.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

In my experience Thai woman also do this.

And your experience of Thai women is restricted to which particular level of the social class structure?

Please expatiate.

Correct. Nice Thai girls go to highly esteemed drinking establishments such as Somchai's Laukhau&Somtam, not to those filthy places called bars. Of course it doesn't have anything to do with a beer being double priced or some such minute detail.

In a Bar, same as most other Farangs do, and I have never seen any evidence to suggest otherwise.

I have known hundreds of Farangs over the years, hundreds, from well paid O&G guys to scraping by Teachers, I haven't met many who did not meet in a bar.

Then again that's real life, it's always going to be different to the fantasy world of anonymous forums.

I have a smaller circle of farang friends married to Thai ladies.

Of the twenty five just two are married to girls they met in a bar.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have known hundreds of Farangs over the years, hundreds, from well paid O&G guys to scraping by Teachers, I haven't met many who did not meet in a bar.

This is true. Most Farangs meet their partners in bars or restaurants.

Most Farangs are married to:

1. former barmaids

2. former waitresses

3. former prostitutes

4. former hostesses

5. former massage parlor employees

6. former shop assistants

7. former employees at a market

I didn't. smile.png

Neither did I....I met mine while visiting Thailands nuclear research facility with her Thai General father

In a Bar, same as most other Farangs do, and I have never seen any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Then again that's real life, it's always going to be different to the fantasy world of anonymous forums.

How wonderful for them,I shall sleep well tonight.

This is true. Most Farangs meet their partners in bars or restaurants.

Most Farangs are married to:

1. former barmaids

2. former waitresses

3. former prostitutes

4. former hostesses

5. former massage parlor employees

6. former shop assistants

7. former employees at a market

I didn't. smile.png

Neither did I....I met mine while visiting Thailand's nuclear research facility with her Thai General father

huh.png

May we see your link to the statistics please,

A picture of you pulling them out of your butt would be more realistic but no one wants to see that.

Ah that old chestnut..."provide a statstical link to the data"...who do you think collects and corrolates a suvey of this type....TAT...rolleyes.gif

Anyone who has spent any reasonable amount of time actually living Thailand with their eyes open and sober, knows that his general premise here is true, of course its a generalisation and there will be exceptions, but let's just say generally speaking he is most likely 70-80% correct based on observation

How wonderful for them,I shall sleep well tonight.

Just replying to someone that my experience was vastly different to his own.

May we see your link to the statistics please,

A picture of you pulling them out of your butt would be more realistic but no one wants to see that.

Ah that old chestnut..."provide a statstical link to the data"...who do you think collects and corrolates a suvey of this type....TAT...rolleyes.gif

Anyone who has spent any reasonable amount of time actually living Thailand with their eyes open and sober, knows that his general premise here is true, of course its a generalisation and there will be exceptions, but let's just say generally speaking he is most likely 70-80% correct based on observation

Soutpeel (a man of obvious experience) speaks wisely. He is correct.

let's just say generally speaking he is most likely 70-80% correct

As a Thailand Expert, I would say that 80% is a minimum benchmark figure.

Edited by TheThailandExpert

I met my wife in my dreams.

After being divorced for 6 years and really wishing for true companionship as opposed to being a "butterfly", I met her when I least expected it.

And my dreams came true.

Now happily married 8 years and counting.

• Like 1

....For those of you that met your wives in bars, normal drinking establishments, how do you answer this question without adding, 'but she wasn't a hooker'. Connotations, connotations....

I don't because I give a <removed> what other people say.

Edited by Lammbock

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of TV's married members were married to a General's daughter. Simple math: There are a lot of Generals in Thailand. All Generals play golf. There are a lot of golf courses near Pattaya. Hence, a lot of Generals, presumably with their daughters spend a lot of time in Pattaya, where a large population of Farangs exist. So it only makes sense many met the General's daughter in a Pattaya GoGo.

• Like 1