Lax - Connecting Flight To Mia 3Hours Enough?

weka

If I land in LAX from Bkk (international flight) at 1125am, will I have enough time to connect with an AA flight to Miami departing at 2:30pm.

Given LAX's terrible immigration lines, do you experienced travellers see any problem with catching a domestic flight scheduled to leave 3 hours later? (obviously without any unforeseen delays)

Conversely, on the way back, another flight departing from MIA and arriving in LAX 3 hours before the flight back to Bkk - I guess because this is a domestic changeover then it should be ok.

Basically is 3 hours sufficient to get through LAX customs and over to the American Airlines terminal for a domestic flight?

thanks

Do you have a US passport or foreign? Either way 3hrs should be fine but the line at LAX is maddening. It recently took my gf with a Thai passport just under 2hrs to get throught the foreign passport holders line.

NZ Passport, and a friendly face to ask if I could possibly, please stand here in front as I need to catch a flight to see my gravely ill mother...or some such.

Thanks for the advice people

• 1 month later...

Update,

no

It would have been though if the TSA or AA whoever didn't have their heads up their a##holes and immigration had a half a clue.

44 minutes before departure apparently is not sufficient time to check my bag in with the check in nazi woman less than a metre in front of me and and then walk 60m to the gate - I know it's 60 m because I had to do it 7 hours later and it took 12 minutes including security anal probe.

The yanks couldn't run a bath let alone a fkn airport - and people complain about Thailand being all shiny on the outside and shit in the middle!

Like most things American - totally unnecessary

Edited by weka