Biking It In Phuket

Stacking Zeds

Hi to all,

Do any of the Phuket residents here cycle at all? I'll be based in Phuket for five weeks later in the year and I wanted to know if biking about was a viable option.

It's not to save money - I'll also have a car - I just think it's a good way to keep fit and I enjoy it.

Is it safe to cycle on the roads at night (i.e. with other traffic)? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Zed

:o

Hi Zed,

I have been biking on Phuket for 3 years and think its a great place for all kinds of biking.....however, biking at night is dangerous. I do think if you are brave/crazy enough to tempt Thai drivers at night, please wear bright clothes and have decent warning lights on your bike. Good luck!

Hi Zed,

I,m cycling many years now in Phuket and surrounded islands and the only downpoint in Phuket is the many cars on the mainroads at peakhours and the dogs who try to get a piece out of your lake if you cycle by.As you will know dogs were never friends of spinning wheels,but keep it cool and they will backoff.Further there are still many serene roads and single track here ,so don,t forget to bring your bike with you(a must if you like cycling).If the fumes get a bit to much take the bike to islands as Kho Yao Noi or Kho Maprao to meet the locals and cycle fumefree.Enjoy your stay and cycle your troubles away.

Regards,Swat