Funky Jazz On Phuket

khall64au

I discovered Ratri Jazzteurant tonight - a new jazz restaurant at Kata on the hill overlooking the ocean. This is one classy establishment that Phuket was well in need of. The resident band - Eddie Autobahn Faction is EXCELLENT! Apparently Eddie Autobahn is quite famous in Bangkok for his jazz music. It's outstanding, the whole place is so stylish and the live music is world class. :D

6 :o -stars from me!!!!

I discovered Ratri Jazzteurant tonight - a new jazz restaurant at Kata on the hill overlooking the ocean. This is one classy establishment that Phuket was well in need of. The resident band - Eddie Autobahn Faction is EXCELLENT! Apparently Eddie Autobahn is quite famous in Bangkok for his jazz music. It's outstanding, the whole place is so stylish and the live music is world class. :D

Kata before or after Karon from Patong ? IS it the one right off the road overlooking the beach , high on the hill ?

It is half way between Karon and Kata on the main road (not the beach road) and is high on the hill to the left. The RATRI sign is well lit at night.The driveway is quite steep and the stairs are many but it's like WOW when you get up there- jazz heaven!

Can anyone tell me if there is much live music in and around phuket ,bands /duos/pianists ?

I'm a pianist/keyboard player wondering if there is any work resident in hotels or bars in the area.

Barnsey.