Travel To Laos, Cambodia And Mynamar

jrc1

I am after some information from the seasoned travellers to Thailand.

I am arriving in Thailand in February with a friend ( we are both Aussie citizens ) and we will be staying for about 30 days. We intend to do the majority of our travelling in the North Eastern and Western areas of the country. I have studied the maps of the areas that we will be visiting and noticed that we will be very close to the Laos, Cambodian and Mynamar borders at certain times of our travels. As we are only on a travel Visa to Thailand are we able to travel over the border to these other areas without a Visa, we would only look at going over for a day type trip or possibly two days at the outside. Do we have to organise Visas before we go or are we able to gain the visas at the borders of these areas ?

Any information would be greattly appreciated.

Regards

John

if for Laos, I just came back from there yesterday... if you cross the friendship bridge in Nongkhai on ur way to unbelievable quiet and unbelievable dusty Vientane, u can get ur VISA ON ARRIVAL at 30 Dollars (or 31 if outside office hours, which is almost 50% of the time the border is open, so be prepared and have ur extra Dollar handy). its valid for 14 days, the immigration process is usually no hassle.... as for Myanmar I dont know much, u can cross the border at Mae Sai North of Chiang Rai for Tachileik, to get a 1 day-Visa for 200 baht, but u can only visit Tachileik area with that day-Visa and the border closes early at 16.30 as far as I remember (and Myanmar is 30 minutes ahead of Thai time), probably thats not what u want....