I Have Road Tar On My Ground Effects And Wheelwell Skirts And Cant Get It Off

You could try eucalyptus oil...... available in spray cans from pharmacies. Spray it on to a tissue or small piece of soft cloth and try on a less obvious, or smaller, tar mark. It worked splendidly for me.

Any car accessory place Big/C or Tesco sell spray or the bottle type tar remover work's very well. Edited by fredob43

Some diesel or petrol on a soft cloth usually works to rub it off.

Ditto and remember to do it as JC has kindly posted, gentle persuation, elbow grease and patience is all you need.

We,ve used this back home for as long as I,ve been driving.

Had a really bad case last year on the back wacks of Udonthani and still managed to remove it with diesel, no apparent after effects noticed.

marshbags wink.png

Edited by marshbags

• 2 weeks later...

Kerosene

Have used this before with great success.

Kerosene is also excellent for protecting chrome from sticky road grime when you are traveling. Very easy to clean the grime off with soapy water at the end of the day. :)

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

• 4 weeks later...
I used wd-40, but would clean it right off afterwards - is the tar hard or still soft? Hard will need more work. A scratch remover will work as well.

Just awhile back my wife got out WD-40 and soft cloth and cleaned the tar spots & splashes off our SUV. After we finished the SUV was washed normally and came up sparkling. Did a great job and the paint surface is spotless.

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1