Supreme Court To Try Thaksin

Lite Beer

I wonder why Interpol decided to drop Thaksin from the most wanted list that Mark claims.

I wonder how much Thaksin paid, if any?

When did abhisit say that thaksin was on the interpol most wanted list?

I suspect your imagination is working overtime.

Cloth ears. Of course Thaksin is most wanted. The Red Shirts love him and his evil ways

Clothears---Ha Ha Ha

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be the verdict if Thaksin is a no-show.

Is he, by default in contempt of court?

Is the Supreme Court - Criminal Section a Judge only court or Judge and Jury Court?

As a common sating goes ... "It's a brave and bold more to Trail Him"

Which I am sure that it is what The Nation meant with it's Headline ...

"Supreme Court to try Thaksin"

... because Thailand tried Taksin once before with mixed results ... ermm.gif

It got him out of the country.

Is the Supreme Court - Criminal Section a Judge only court or Judge and Jury Court?

Thaksin's trial can't start, if he is not in court to acknowledge the charges on the first day. After that he could be tried and convicted in absentia. They could either shelve the whole trial until he is available or try him separately later on and proceed with the others. It doesn't matter much because none of them will ever serve a day in jail, even the trial can go ahead.

And if Thaksin is charged, tried, convicted and sentenced will he serve his jail time in the same way Sondhi is serving his?

Sondhi did appeal....so he isn't convicted yet.

Weeell, convicted and "awaiting appeal process". You are of course correct, but it's the minutae of the process that confounds the reality.

Oh ... wow! 500. I believe a hit of Sangh Thip is in order. Time to unearth the stash.

Edited by Dap

Thaksin's trial can't start, if he is not in court to acknowledge the charges on the first day. After that he could be tried and convicted in absentia. They could either shelve the whole trial until he is available or try him separately later on and proceed with the others. It doesn't matter much because none of them will ever serve a day in jail, even the trial can go ahead.

I think one other reason is if they keep trying to have a trial it extends the statute of limitations which currently is 20 years.

Defendants are summoned for the first testimony on October 11.

No Prizes for guessing who will not be attending Court!

Maybe we'll all be in for a surprise.

As part of his birthday video link message from Hong Kong to the Pheu Thai Party yesterday, Thaksin announced "I will soon come home".

As part of his birthday video link message from Hong Kong to the Pheu Thai Party yesterday, Thaksin announced "I will soon come home".

Yer I heard, the girlfriend says that on the news they said he is coming back soon and showed the redshirts getting things ready for his homecoming.

Edited by waza

Yer I heard, the girlfriend says that on the news they said he is coming back soon and showed the redshirts getting things ready for his homecoming.

The zany thing is that he said he was just waiting for an entry visa to return to Thailand but that he didn't know who would be issuing it and when, however, when it was issued, he would return home.

blink.pnghuh.png

Edited by Buchholz

We have heard this rhetoric from Thaksin for a long while now,and taken on Truth value, from the Maestro of lies,I wouldn't personally take his word,if he claimed,to have had Breakfast this morning.

The zany thing is that he said he was just waiting for an entry visa to return to Thailand but that he didn't know who would be issuing it and when, however, when it was issued, he would return home.

blink.pnghuh.png

Visa or not,he is unlikely to return while there is open Court Cases to answer to pending his return,and the necessary change to the constitution,to clear him from prosecution,even with the misguided protection of the Red Shirt Thugs,the man is still spineless,and I don't anticipate that he will ever find one.

Is it normal for people to need a Visa to enter their own Country ?,certainly not from my Country

Edited by MAJIC

Getting their wallets ready and their tongues wet

We have heard this rhetoric from Thaksin for a long while now,and taken on Truth value, from the Maestro of lies,I wouldn't personally take his word,if he claimed,to have had Breakfast this morning.

What he says isnt important, why he is saying it is. He said it to de-stablise Thai society and put pressure on his opponents. After all if he returns would the redshirts rise up to form a revolutionary army for democracy to fight his sisters government? No he needs a coup or amnesty.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

How many years now has Thaksin been saying he'll be home soon?

Just 3 days ago Thaksin was boasting how Pheua Thai would continue to win elections in the future so there was no need to rush through constitutional changes.

He could wait patiently abroad until his crimes have been whitewashed by Parliament.

Thailand's greatest liar.

• Like 1

Leave Thai politics to the Thais and enjoy your life here while you can. Life is too short. The average Thai, no matter the shirt color, are great people who basically let you do what you want as long as it is legal. Try taking a trip to farming villages and appreciate the hard work they do in the fields this time of year.

So true in all respects, why worry or carry on about something that is beyond our control? And indeed,Thai people are great and worthy.

Yet, a gnawing urge for truth and justice for these fine people and the fact that our business was left unfinished in our birth countries give rise to want to do something to affect change! What is the proper stance? Morals and ethics aside, is being apathetic the right path to self

preservation or just a tool of the empowered and greedy. The poor working class Thai's sweat and toil really keep the country going,but those who run the country keep it going in their pocket.

• Like 1

And if Thaksin is charged, tried, convicted and sentenced will he serve his jail time in the same way Sondhi is serving his?

Didn't know Sondhi also was a part of this scandal.

The whole goddamn nation is part of it as they put Thaksin in power knowing he is corrupt. Well those that voted for Thaksin anyway.

Just 3 days ago Thaksin was boasting how Pheua Thai would continue to win elections in the future so there was no need to rush through constitutional changes.

He could wait patiently abroad until his crimes have been whitewashed by Parliament.

Thailand's greatest liar, indeed.

From

Thailland's Thaksin says amnesty key to reconciliation

To

Thaksin promises to come home only if reconciliation materializes in Thailand

BANGKOK, 20 July 2012 (NNT) - Ex-Premier Thaksin Shinawatra said he is waiting for the reconciliation process to materialize in Thailand before returning to his motherland.

To

yesterday saying he's just waiiting on a visa and then he's on the way back.

He wants of course, to visit the brand new Thaksin Shinawatra Library that opened yesterday at the headquarters of the Pheu Thai Party.

What a splendor it must be to see the familly's birthday gift.

Edited by Buchholz

Who cares? Nothing will happen. It never does. Thaksin will come home soon, the army will roll out again, another party will be banned and replaced with the same mob just like a financial services company going strategically bankrupt every few years. Yingluck will make her billions and so will her friends and just as the democrats are feeling the financial pinch, the Army will rescue them with a nice coup and give them a few years to rape thailand of its last Baht.

Mean while, on every street corner, there is horrendous poverty on display. So who cares about these crooks. Thailand doesn't care about our thoughts so if you want to show you care, stop moaning about Thaksin, and get out into the community and do something positive (of course, make sure it's listwd on your work permit or else you will be arrested and deported).

Horrendous poverty? I take it you are not widely travelled.

Extends to places like Sudan and North Korea this year so I've seen a bit. I take you you are not widely travelled in Thailand then? You don't really see the poverty n Sukhumvit or Pattaya bars that is true but if you open your eyes you will see places in Thailand that would rank amongst some of the poorest in the region.

From

http://www.thaivisa....reconciliation/

To

BANGKOK, 20 July 2012 (NNT) - Ex-Premier Thaksin Shinawatra said he is waiting for the reconciliation process to materialize in Thailand before returning to his motherland.

To

He wants of course, to visit the brand new Thaksin Shinawatra Library that opened yesterday at the headquarters of the Pheu Thai Party.

So.... why does a Thai National need a visa to come to Thailand?

Well because he would be traveling on one of his other passports,

and if accosted for his crimes on Thai soil as 'Thai National Thaksin Shinawatra'.

His lawyers can deny he is that person, thought there may be a superficial resemblance,

just look at his passport and visa of a Montanegrin National, now leave him alone.

And how will they think their way out of that one...????

Edited by animatic

From

To

To

and if accosted for his crimes on Thai soil as 'Thai National Thaksin Shinawatra'.

His lawyers can deny he is that person, thought there may be a superficial resemblance,

just look at his passport and visa of a Montanegrin National, now leave him alone.

It certainly was a bizarre thing for him to say.

Another option for him is to use his diplomatic passport... ... From Uganda. Any arrest would create a diplomatic row.

"why you say I'm Thai?? I Ugandan!! I poo yai Ugandan!!!"

Curiouser & curiouser.

Thaksin is quoted as saying that he had visas to every country except Thailand (that's about 190 give or take) and says he doesn't know where to apply for an entry visa.

<deleted>? is this guy stupid or what?

Any fool knows you need to go to the Thai consulate in the country whose passport your are in possession of and make an application (being careful to answer all questions honestly). Once the visa is granted you are free to appear at a Thai airport.

One wag actually suggested Thaksin apply for a visa at the residence of Prem Tinsulanonda, Privy council president.

Apparently Thaksin doubted that his application would be accepted. (Smart conclusion genius)

Since when does the head of the Privy Council involve himself in visa applications for foreign nationals on the run from the Thai justice system.

Does anybody else see the piss-taking going on here?coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Actually Thaksin does have a Thai passport, remember the good deed Surapong did for him?

A bit off topic but I can see how the PTP strategy is now to get Abhisit and Suthep in trouble so that they too would want an amnesty. We'll see how this plays out.

Actually Thaksin does have a Thai passport, remember the good deed Surapong did for him?

A bit off topic but I can see how the PTP strategy is now to get Abhisit and Suthep in trouble so that they too would want an amnesty. We'll see how this plays out.

Perhaps Abhisit is "Teflon" to Suthep's "Velcro". As you say, let's wait and see.

Curiouser & curiouser.

Thaksin is quoted as saying that he had visas to every country except Thailand (that's about 190 give or take) and says he doesn't know where to apply for an entry visa.

<deleted>? is this guy stupid or what?

Any fool knows you need to go to the Thai consulate in the country whose passport your are in possession of and make an application (being careful to answer all questions honestly). Once the visa is granted you are free to appear at a Thai airport.

One wag actually suggested Thaksin apply for a visa at the residence of Prem Tinsulanonda, Privy council president.

Apparently Thaksin doubted that his application would be accepted. (Smart conclusion genius)

Since when does the head of the Privy Council involve himself in visa applications for foreign nationals on the run from the Thai justice system.

Does anybody else see the piss-taking going on here?coffee1.gif

It reeks of the usual dishonest ways he tries to cut corners. We can see he's up to no good again plotting ways to get out of all of the 13 above charges and previous sentencing handed down. He'll get his. Look at his pics from only 5-6 years ago, and I think his complex is already taking its toll.

From

To

To

That's a good point (about him needing a visa). I wonder if Thai intellectuals have noticed that irony yet. Does he still have one or more passports using an assumed name (Takki Shinagra, or whatever)? Last time I checked, that's illegal - particularly if you don't consistently use only one. Imagine someone going in a country with one passport, and exiting with another. Only T could get away with that in Thailand, as he gets away with other illegal things he does, such as packing multiple suitcases full of cash and flying to Europe.

If you ask Thai immigration whether it's legal to have numerous passports, they'll probably tell you that's illegal also - .....Ummm, until you mention Thaksin's name, then they'll chuckle at their faux pas, and either try to explain that T is above the law, or change the subject altogether.

Curiouser & curiouser.

<deleted>? is this guy stupid or what? ...

If he had said this or something similar i think it's obvious that he didn't ment that to be taken too literally.

That would be stupid.

Leave Thai politics to the Thais and enjoy your life here while you can. Life is too short. The average Thai, no matter the shirt color, are great people who basically let you do what you want as long as it is legal. Try taking a trip to farming villages and appreciate the hard work they do in the fields this time of year.

What are you crazy. Thailand is all about ripping tourists off and belittling them. I know because I read Thai Visa.

Truth be known there is not many farongs who would last the day out in the rice paddy.