Supreme Court To Try Thaksin

Lite Beer

OK. So the loans were approved. Have the loans been paid back? Have the loans been defaulted on? Are the loan acceptees still making interest payments back?

It seems you miss the point here. To use an analogy, if your house is broken into but nothing got stolen, will you complain, go to the police to get a break-in registered? Will you philosophically accept that somethings just happen and it's not worth to get annoyed with?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> The state prosecutors viewed that when these persons were in power, Krungthai Bank approved loans to KMC Group despite the group’s poor financial position.

The night of the redshirt/blackshirt rage, while CentralWorld was still burning, there were reports of pickup trucks full of blackshirts going around the city targeting branches of a certain bank and setting them on fire. Can anyone recall which bank that was?

I have the impression that the burning of the cinema (across the street from Siam Paragon) was part of a decades-old family feud.

OK. So the loans were approved. Have the loans been paid back? Have the loans been defaulted on? Are the loan acceptees still making interest payments back?

It seems you miss the point here. To use an analogy, if your house is broken into but nothing got stolen, will you complain, go to the police to get a break-in registered? Will you philosophically accept that somethings just happen and it's not worth to get annoyed with?

I have heard of someone who reported a break in and now wishes he hadn't complained about something being stolen................

I have heard of someone who reported a break in and now wishes he hadn't complained about something being stolen................

House gets broken into, things are missing, the police are called.

When the police leave even more things are missing. Common story in Latin America.

Two passports are legal, you can have two nationalities, no problem. Thailand signed an UNO agreement in 2001 (!) (Thaksin already knew he would need two?)

How about four?

Montenegrin, Ugandan, Nicaraguan, and Thai.

You beat me to it. I was going to list likely countries where he has a passport.

His list of his passports may also include HK, Fiji, Liberia, Cambodia, Dubai, Laos, .....and only he knows where else. With tubs of money, a lot of promises (most often broken) to despots running small countries, it's not hard to get a pile of passports. I wouldn't doubt Pojaman and Oak aren't far behind in the passport count. It's par for the course with fugitives.

I'm disappointed that my country, the USA, granted him a visa - a clear breach of their parameters for doing so.

Edited by maidu

Two passports are legal, you can have two nationalities, no problem. Thailand signed an UNO agreement in 2001 (!) (Thaksin already knew he would need two?)

How about four?

Montenegrin, Ugandan, Nicaraguan, and Thai.

You beat me to it. I was going to list likely countries where he has a passport.

His list of his passports may also include HK, Fiji, Liberia, Cambodia, Dubai, Laos, .....and only he knows where else. With tubs of money, a lot of promises (most often broken) to despots running small countries, it's not hard to get a pile of passports. I wouldn't doubt Pojaman and Oak aren't far behind in the passport count. It's par for the course with fugitives.

I'm disappointed that my country, the USA, granted him a visa - a clear breach of their parameters for doing so.

Was the U.S. visa confirmed by the U.S. embassy?

Curiouser & curiouser.

Thaksin is quoted as saying that he had visas to every country except Thailand (that's about 190 give or take) and says he doesn't know where to apply for an entry visa.

<deleted>? is this guy stupid or what? ...

If he had said this or something similar i think it's obvious that he didn't ment that to be taken too literally.

That would be stupid.

Ya think?whistling.gif

Curiouser & curiouser.

Thaksin is quoted as saying that he had visas to every country except Thailand (that's about 190 give or take) and says he doesn't know where to apply for an entry visa.

<deleted>? is this guy stupid or what? ...

If he had said this or something similar i think it's obvious that he didn't ment that to be taken too literally.

That would be stupid.

Ya think?whistling.gif

Yes, i think he is pretty aware of the circumstances that makes him hesitate to come back to Thailand.

RT@tulsathit: Thaksin: I'm willing to die to make country and its people happy.

Yawn. Does anyone still believe this fool?

Agree twitter is boring and tulsa is a fool who often comes up with stories that are unbelievable.

But it seems that tulsa just retweeted what Thaksin said.

• Like 1

Yawn. Does anyone still believe this fool?

Agree twitter is boring and tulsa is a fool who often comes up with stories that are unbelievable.

But it seems that tulsa just retweeted what Thaksin said.

If you think that the stories tulsa comes up with are unbelievable, parroting what comes out of Thaksin's mouth should conform.

Curiouser & curiouser.

<deleted>? is this guy stupid or what?

Any fool knows you need to go to the Thai consulate in the country whose passport your are in possession of and make an application (being careful to answer all questions honestly). Once the visa is granted you are free to appear at a Thai airport.

One wag actually suggested Thaksin apply for a visa at the residence of Prem Tinsulanonda, Privy council president.

Apparently Thaksin doubted that his application would be accepted. (Smart conclusion genius)

Since when does the head of the Privy Council involve himself in visa applications for foreign nationals on the run from the Thai justice system.

Does anybody else see the piss-taking going on here?coffee1.gif

He is a con man, hammering away at the "exiled" theme to sow pity and harvest support. The implied meaning is that he has been exiled from his own homeland, unable to return (damned "elites"); not that he ran away to avoid being jailed for corruption.

It's all about creating and sustaining a narrative, don't forget he has several PR and Perception Management firms working for him. I bet they got a nice juicy bonus from getting him on a photo with a Peace Nobel Prize laureate a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

It doesn't look like Thaksin will be coming back to face court:

Prove it.

I am sure there are more than a few people in Thailand who would be very happy with this promise, but if he did how would poor Yingluck run the country ?

Nothing to get your blood boiling than a good old Thaksin thread. He could go for a world record attempt: unhappiest billionaire, or maybe most bullied billionaire, most frustrated billionaire, most unrelenting billionaire...anyone?

It doesn't look like Thaksin will be coming back to face court:

Doesn't he mean " I WILL die before I make my country and it's people happy"

Go ahead, make their day.

Edited by looping

Who cares? Nothing will happen. It never does. Thaksin will come home soon, the army will roll out again, another party will be banned and replaced with the same mob just like a financial services company going strategically bankrupt every few years. Yingluck will make her billions and so will her friends and just as the democrats are feeling the financial pinch, the Army will rescue them with a nice coup and give them a few years to rape thailand of its last Baht.

Mean while, on every street corner, there is horrendous poverty on display. So who cares about these crooks. Thailand doesn't care about our thoughts so if you want to show you care, stop moaning about Thaksin, and get out into the community and do something positive (of course, make sure it's listwd on your work permit or else you will be arrested and deported).

Horrendous poverty? I take it you are not widely travelled.

Extends to places like Sudan and North Korea this year so I've seen a bit. I take you you are not widely travelled in Thailand then? You don't really see the poverty n Sukhumvit or Pattaya bars that is true but if you open your eyes you will see places in Thailand that would rank amongst some of the poorest in the region.

Yes, the poorest regions in Thailand I know, killed by Thaksin populism.

Edited by lungmi

Who cares? Nothing will happen. It never does. Thaksin will come home soon, the army will roll out again, another party will be banned and replaced with the same mob just like a financial services company going strategically bankrupt every few years. Yingluck will make her billions and so will her friends and just as the democrats are feeling the financial pinch, the Army will rescue them with a nice coup and give them a few years to rape thailand of its last Baht.

Mean while, on every street corner, there is horrendous poverty on display. So who cares about these crooks. Thailand doesn't care about our thoughts so if you want to show you care, stop moaning about Thaksin, and get out into the community and do something positive (of course, make sure it's listwd on your work permit or else you will be arrested and deported).

Horrendous poverty? I take it you are not widely travelled.

Extends to places like Sudan and North Korea this year so I've seen a bit. I take you you are not widely travelled in Thailand then? You don't really see the poverty n Sukhumvit or Pattaya bars that is true but if you open your eyes you will see places in Thailand that would rank amongst some of the poorest in the region.

Yes, the poorest regions in Thailand I know, killed by Thaksin populism.

Until the country is united, and taxpayers really pay what they should pay legally, the discussion us moot.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

Nothing to get your blood boiling than a good old Thaksin thread. He could go for a world record attempt: unhappiest billionaire, or maybe most bullied billionaire, most frustrated billionaire, most unrelenting billionaire...anyone?

'unlucky-in-business former-billionaire' might give one hope, that there is justice, in the world. But I wouldn't hold my breath. rolleyes.gif

David48: A no-show in the U.S. I believe is a no show in a civil court of law means the judgement is in favor of the Plaintiff.

In a criminal court I am not sure, but it makes perfect sense a "no-show" would be a Contempt of Court. And a warrant for

an arrest would be the order for the day.

The odds of Thaksin returning for this trail are slim and none; weight given to the "none." He is a felon.

What they should do, is issue a BOUNTY on Thaksin's Head. There are I am sure plenty of International Bounty Hunters that would be up to

the challenge to find him and bring him back alive. 30 to 40 Billion Baht should wet the apetite of quite a few International Bounty Hunters.

• Like 1

David48: A no-show in the U.S. I believe is a no show in a civil court of law means the judgement is in favor of the Plaintiff.

In a criminal court I am not sure, but it makes perfect sense a "no-show" would be a Contempt of Court. And a warrant for

The odds of Thaksin returning for this trail are slim and none; weight given to the "none." He is a felon.

What they should do, is issue a BOUNTY on Thaksin's Head. There are I am sure plenty of International Bounty Hunters that would be up to

the challenge to find him and bring him back alive. 30 to 40 Billion Baht should wet the apetite of quite a few International Bounty Hunters.

International Bounty Hunters?

International Bounty Hunters?

I thought the Bounty Hunters were in Search of Paradise, according to the adverts about chocolate-covered coconut-bars, when I was a kid ? biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

How many years now has Thaksin been saying he'll be home soon?

Just 3 days ago Thaksin was boasting how Pheua Thai would continue to win elections in the future so there was no need to rush through constitutional changes.

He could wait patiently abroad until his crimes have been whitewashed by Parliament.

Thailand's greatest liar.

Thailand's greatest liar, indeed.

Thailand's Thaksin says amnesty key to reconciliation

To:

Thaksin promises to come home only if reconciliation materializes in Thailand

BANGKOK, 20 July 2012 (NNT) - Ex-Premier Thaksin Shinawatra said he is waiting for the reconciliation process to materialize in Thailand before returning to his motherland.

To:

Yesterday saying he's just waiting on a visa and then he's on the way back.

He wants of course, to visit the brand new Thaksin Shinawatra Library that opened yesterday at the headquarters of the Pheu Thai Party.

What a splendor it must be to see the family's birthday gift to him.

A family member visited the birthday gift yesterday to see the splendor of the Thaksin Shinawatra Library located at Pheu Thai Party headquarters. She seems somewhat unsure of what those things are up on the shelves.

13449317581344931824l.jpg

Matichon (article in Thai)

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1344931758&grpid=02&catid=02

Edited by Buchholz

• 1 month later...

And if Thaksin is charged, tried, convicted and sentenced will he serve his jail time in the same way Sondhi is serving his?

Didn't know Sondhi also was a part of this scandal.

Correct, Sondhi was convicted in another fraud case

The Security and Exhange Commission accused him of falsifying documents used as collateral for a loan amounting to almost 1.1bn baht ($36m, £22.7m) for his media business.

The point is that Sondhi is still leading his band of "geriatric terrorists" despite facing a 20 year jail sentence for fraud.

Sorry but your 'point' doesn't make much sense.

Is it not true that the paymaster is, from afar, still leading, read manipulating and using, his red 'warriers', and manipulating and using the members of his 'get rich quick' club?.

So what your point?

Edited by scorecard